PDA

View Full Version : Simpson desert run July 2012

rottodiver
6th December 2011, 09:43 PM
Hey guys,
this is sort of an addition to "lochie75" thread as he got in a few days before me and hopefully it will be a bit of a catch up with other members,
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?7517-Simpson-desert-trip-planning-trip-for-2012-looking-for-people-to-join-in

My girl and I have decided to do a trip over to the simpson desert and birdsville track in July and if anyone wants to tag along, meet up, have a beer or just wave as we pass each other i will keep you informed,
the basics of the trip will be :
Leave Perth early on the 3rd July and getting home on the 22nd July (19 days)
a very rough guide at the moment is
Perth-Mt Dare via Coober Pedy 5 days (approx 3000km)
Mt Dare to Birdsville via Dalhousie springs for a couple of days 7 days (approx 600km)
Bridsville track to Marree 3 days (approx 520 km)
Marree to Perth 4 days (approx 2900 km)
Total 19 days ( approx 7020km)

all these times and distances will probably change slightly and even more so on the trip depending on how we feel and mother nature!!!
the dates are pretty much set and at this stage so if anyone is keen....let me know....

Scotty

P.S also if anyone has done this trip and sees any major errors in my time frames or has any great suggestions i would love to hear from you!!!

lochie75
11th December 2011, 07:44 PM
Hi rotto, yep July would be good for me. we will prob have 2 Toyota's for the trip, not sure about my brother inlaw yet, but my old man and i are in for sure. Im still working on another 2 people but time will tell. will send you a private msg with some details so we can get in contact and work out a few details,

cheers

rottodiver
11th December 2011, 08:58 PM
that would be great... just pm.d ya!!!!

you are brave doing anything, other than going to the local shops in a toyota!!!
:)

Scotty