PDA

View Full Version : Noisy clutch pedal

BigMav
6th December 2011, 06:43 PM
Anyone experienced a noisy clutch pedal on their GQ when its depressed. Like a kind of clicking noise coming through the pedal arm itself. I've sprayed the whole area with lubricant and it didn't do anything. Its annoying as all hell. Help!

Silver
6th December 2011, 06:46 PM
Not I, touch wood! Intrigued though.

Sir Roofy
6th December 2011, 07:07 PM
A worn thrust bearing maybe ?

patch697
6th December 2011, 07:55 PM
Anyone experienced a noisy clutch pedal on their GQ when its depressed. Like a kind of clicking noise coming through the pedal arm itself. I've sprayed the whole area with lubricant and it didn't do anything. Its annoying as all hell. Help!

From time to time I do..... Its the pin that holds the push rod clicking in & out of the groove its warn in itself over use.

growler2058
6th December 2011, 09:06 PM
Opposite mate I get an intermittent knocking sound that goes away with either slight pressure on the pedal or full depression and slowly release and it stops. Tho will return at the next set of lights

Silver
6th December 2011, 09:43 PM
growlers, I reckon that could be the thrust/throwout bearing slopping about on the shaft

growler2058
6th December 2011, 10:07 PM
growlers, I reckon that could be the thrust/throwout bearing slopping about on the shaft

Ahhh bumma don't really wanna be pullin the box out:-(

Silver
6th December 2011, 11:38 PM
Ahhh bumma don't really wanna be pullin the box out:-(

My MQ did it for years - mechanic mate said not to worry about it, so I didn't. Mind you, I wasn't taking it into the desert etc - just Fraser and Moreton Islands etc. Now, I don't know enough to say that is what the cause of yours is, or whether you can or should safely ignore it - but it did work for me

BigMav
7th December 2011, 08:10 AM
From time to time I do..... Its the pin that holds the push rod clicking in & out of the groove its warn in itself over use.

This sounds interesting, going to have to take a closer look, mine was doing it only on occasion but seems to be doing it all the time now, its not the thrust bearing the noise is definitely coming from the clutch arm somewhere so my money is on that pin. Cheers.

growler2058
7th December 2011, 08:39 AM
My MQ did it for years - mechanic mate said not to worry about it, so I didn't. Mind you, I wasn't taking it into the desert etc - just Fraser and Moreton Islands etc. Now, I don't know enough to say that is what the cause of yours is, or whether you can or should safely ignore it - but it did work for me

Wadda they say ignorance is bliss :-) I'm gunna ignore it for now

BigMav
7th December 2011, 08:48 PM
Well had a quick look this morning and that pin seems ok. I will have a bit more of a fiddle with it and maybe slap some grease on it or something. I can't be stuffed doing it right at this moment its been a long day. lol.

BigMav
13th December 2011, 11:20 PM
Greased up that pin and it seems to have helped it a little bit but still clicking. I think I need to have a look at another GQ to compare pins. Maybe the clutch master cylinder is stuffed?

mikewrigley
16th January 2012, 08:01 PM
My clutch feels like it's creaking so not similar, but thinking that might be the master cylinder? Not a lot of experience with clutches on cars (one of the parts where bikes are so much easier!!!).

Hongie
16th January 2012, 10:00 PM
COuld be the clucth pedal spring... used to happen on commodore quite a bit... bit of Wurth HHS2000 squirted on it seemed to fix it

mikewrigley
17th January 2012, 10:12 AM
COuld be the clucth pedal spring... used to happen on commodore quite a bit... bit of Wurth HHS2000 squirted on it seemed to fix it

Could well be, I'll give that a go and see how I get on. Thanks.:)

rusty_nail
17th January 2012, 11:11 AM

x2, i had a similar problem thrust race bearing had done itself in

notonyournelly
19th January 2012, 12:30 PM
Id only pay any attention to if it starts to squeal or whistle