PDA

View Full Version : Sub tank light

_Greg
6th December 2011, 11:07 AM
Hi All

my sub tank light stays on. the sub is almost full and i am not transferring any diesel. anyone had this and do you know what the problem is?

thanks in advance.

hutchy84
6th December 2011, 12:44 PM
From what i have read on these forums when the light stays on it is due to there being a fault in which case it could be just a fuse to the fuel transfer pump or the pump may be broken or you could possibly have a blockage

wildgu6
6th December 2011, 01:53 PM
Got the same prob on my GU, my turbo timer is wired to the same fuse and every time I use turbo timer the sub light stays on,
Easy fix, disconnect battery for 30 secs then reconnect. Prob gone till next time the turbo timer is used.

sinful
6th January 2012, 10:20 PM
Got the same prob on my GU, my turbo timer is wired to the same fuse and every time I use turbo timer the sub light stays on,
Easy fix, disconnect battery for 30 secs then reconnect. Prob gone till next time the turbo timer is used.

This is the correct way to remove the light, but if it repeatedly comes back it is the sub-tank module that is faulty. sinful.

YNOT
6th January 2012, 11:45 PM
You might want to read this thread; http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?503-Sub-fuel-tank-light-issues

Tony

guterra
6th January 2012, 11:49 PM
You need to wire your turbo timer to keep the acc position active as well. This will stop sub tank communication errors with the ecu, which causes the issues you are having. Sub tank is powered on the acc circuit, NOT ignition. So when your timer kicks in, your acc line loses power -> ECU can't communicate with sub tank > which records a fault and disables the use of the sub tank. Pulling the fuse resets it, but to fix it for good, as I said, use a relay and wire the acc position to stay active when the timer is on.

Easy really.

Cheers

Shaunous
7th January 2012, 04:10 PM
My turbo timer works fine the way i've wired it, I have it running from the ignition power directly from the key.

Remove your battery-chassis-engine earth wire under the hood, clean the bolts, the earth cable lugs and the spots where it bolts to, I done this as I noticed it was bolted to the chassis on top of the original paint with poor contact, since then I have had no drama, the owner beforehand had the problem come up all the time and Nissan just told him the disconnect the battery for a few minutes and connect back up....

Cheers,
Shaun...