PDA

View Full Version : 98 gu 2.8 turbo diesel limp mode

micko69
6th December 2011, 09:25 AM
hey guys my 2.8 i got water in my fuel from one of the major servos and motor lost power then went into limp mode and runs really ruff and blows white smoke, replaced injector pump/ injectors glow plugs, still the same problem doesn't throw any faults nissan cant work out whats going on compression is spot on is some one has had a similer problem and how to fix it please let me know.

thanks

teleman
6th December 2011, 08:25 PM
G'day Micko. Jump over to the intro section and post a bit about yourself. Then someone will be along to answer your question... as i have no idea what could be wrong.
Cheers. Jono

Wine_maker
8th December 2011, 05:15 PM
G'day Micko! How did the water get into engine?
Maybe it was caused by hydraulic impact or the crack in the wall of one of the cylinders.
If it was hydraulic impact there are many interesting things that can give this effects.
If it is crack you could also have oil or foam in your cooling system or white exhaust. Watch the coolant tank after duty.

micko69
9th December 2011, 08:07 AM
the water was in the fuel thanks to one of the big service stations stuffed injectors/injector pump compression on the motor is very good for the klms done we have narowed it down to the computer when put in reverse it goes into limp mode and runs lean and blows white smoke.
cooling system is fine everything else is fine with motor.

florix
7th June 2013, 11:37 AM
which servo is that?