PDA

View Full Version : Simpson desert trip, planning trip for 2012, looking for people to join in

lochie75
4th December 2011, 08:17 PM
Hi guys, my dad and I are planning a trip to cross the simpson desert around june - August 2012. Was looking for people that would like to come also. I live in whyalla South Australia, so mainly looking for people in my area, or Adelaide to do the trip. I wont be taking my patrol, will be going in my dads 100 series landcrizer (dont hold that againsed us ... bring ya snatch straps lol). We have not worked out any thing yet till we find some more trucks for the crossing. So if you are interested to cross please leave a msg here, send me a msg in forums or contact me at Lochie75@hotmail.com or 0438 853 360

Also anyone one know anyone in the Scrub Club in whyalla???

AB
4th December 2011, 08:31 PM
Wish I could say yes mate!

Please take heaps of photos and reports about it mate. Keen to find out how big red is travelling to these days...lol

lochie75
4th December 2011, 08:42 PM
lol np ... its not gonna happen unless we get a few ppl to come also, my brother in-law will prob come in his hilux but i would like to get at least one more.

rottodiver
5th December 2011, 05:31 PM
Not sure how it fits but me and the girl are leaving perth on the 3 rd july to do west - east run of simpson then down birdsville and home in perth by 22 july.. would be good to catch up. We will be doing 2 nights at dalhousie springs.finer details not sorted yet... we are currently travelling solo and were going to put it out on the forum in the next weeks!!!

Scotty

sprogg
6th December 2011, 02:04 AM
hey My missus and I might be interestede in going west/east across the simpson . let us know if the plans firm up and we might tag along

snicko
6th December 2011, 06:34 PM
Hi Lockie75
We have had a problem at work but someone said today that miracles do happen so I will keep an eye on this thread as the Simpson Desert is something we want to do.

rottodiver
6th December 2011, 06:56 PM
hey My missus and I might be interestede in going west/east across the simpson . let us know if the plans firm up and we might tag along

hey sprogg, I am definately doing this trip, I will post up the basic schedule ( because as we know it never goes to plan) later....

Scotty

rottodiver
7th December 2011, 08:43 AM
Lochie, I have posted my rough itinerary on the WA treks section so hopefully it co incides with what you do and we can catch up or do the run together...

Sprogg same goes for you...

Be good to get a crew from here!!!

Scotty

lochie75
11th December 2011, 07:35 PM
Sounds good, will have a look at ur post in WA treks

GavandNat
13th January 2012, 03:26 PM
We started planning the trip for September this year as could not get the time off earlier. Looking at doing the trip from Mt Dare to Birdsville and was trying to find out if anyone has taken a camper trailer accross to see how dificult it was?

Looking forward to seeing some photos if you post some. Enjoy the trip.