PDA

View Full Version : Kinglake National Park

AB
4th December 2011, 08:37 AM
http://www.whereis.com/vic/kinglake-central/captains-creek-rd?id=1AC7387A0522FB

Went out yesterday with Bluey with my brother and Rossco in the car and found some of the best tracks I have been on in a while only 20 minutes from home.....Ripper!

Plassy wanted to know where it was so I thought I would put it up here for our Victorian members anyway.

It's basically only a km or so past the Kinglake turn off on the Melba Hwy called Captains Creek Road which leads into some of my favourite type of offroading...

Lots of steep climbs but there are dozens and dozens of tight techical tracks with plenty of muddy trenches and extremely large bog holes but I was impressed that there was chicken tracks for the more serious holes too.

There were way too many beer cans scattered around these tracks which pees me off. We picked up a few but if you decide to go in this track I would appreciate if anyone else can pick up a few as you see them too....Can't stand seeing beer cans in these beautiful areas!

Anyways, great area...You can get down into the creeks such as Little Boggy and Boggy creek but beware It's a heavy dirt bike used area. I did go up a pretty steep climb to only find it went to nowhere....I hate that...LMAO. I would be weary about going up some of the climbs in the wet as the trees are right near some steep downside turns and it would be hard not to slide your back end into them on some of the climbs and the trees tell the tales of some panel damages.

NO PHOTOS.....I can't believe I didn't take photos...lol

I'll head back up in a week or two with another car and take some snappys for ya's!!!

patch697
4th December 2011, 11:54 AM
sounds like the perfect test grounds for the working bee at AB's w/end old mate.

Everyone can get into doing there Rigs on Saturday, beer & BBQ that night & out for some test wheeling Sunday morning......

Soulds like a good plan to me.

Bigrig
4th December 2011, 12:01 PM
sounds like the perfect test grounds for the working bee at AB's w/end old mate.

Everyone can get into doing there Rigs on Saturday, beer & BBQ that night & out for some test wheeling Sunday morning......

Soulds like a good plan to me.

Can I come?? lol ... Got the bug hard at the moment ... really using the outings as tests for what I need to do next ... ie 6" springs/shocks and 35" tyres ...

Top find AB!!!!

patch697
4th December 2011, 12:22 PM
Can I come?? lol ... Got the bug hard at the moment ... really using the outings as tests for what I need to do next ... ie 6" springs/shocks and 35" tyres ...

Top find AB!!!!

Hows about concentrating on getting your engine & drive line all sorted..... You really need that finished.

Bigrig
4th December 2011, 01:52 PM
Hows about concentrating on getting your engine & drive line all sorted..... You really need that finished.

Hmmm ... valid point ...

But, but, but ... I want, I want, I want ... lmfao

AB
4th December 2011, 02:01 PM
i'm keen for a Vic meet up here for sure....I wonder how everyone's travelling over Christmas break?

I'll be home from the 2nd January and have that entire week off...I'll just be doing day trips up around that area from the first week of the new year 1st Jan - 8th Jan.

If not, I'm keen for another meet up at my place for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

patch697
4th December 2011, 02:08 PM
i'm keen for a Vic meet up here for sure....I wonder how everyone's travelling over Christmas break?

I'll be home from the 2nd January and have that entire week off...I'll just be doing day trips up around that area from the first week of the new year 1st Jan - 8th Jan.

If not, I'm keen for another meet up at my place for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was more thinking along the lines of finding some workspace & doing the service & repair thing like the QLD boys had with a BBQ at the end of the day followed by a day out wheel on the Sunday.

Sir Roofy
4th December 2011, 03:01 PM
i was more thinking along the lines of finding some workspace & doing the service & repair thing like the qld boys had with a bbq at the end of the day followed by a day out wheel on the sunday.

top suggestiong there patch,id be in that one in the new year
was mentioned once before but didnt get any takers

big_fletch
4th December 2011, 03:32 PM
Sounds like a ripper idea guys, and id be in for sure

AB
4th December 2011, 05:44 PM
Righto, let's lock the idea in and we'll make it happen in the new year for sure!

AB
4th December 2011, 06:23 PM
I'm back home and still on holidays from the 2nd Jan to 8th Jan.

I'm keen for a meet inbetween those dates mate so whatever suits you, let us know and we'll put up a post about it????

big_fletch
4th December 2011, 06:59 PM
Those dates work for me guys, ill be there anyway.. Servicing and wheeling sounds like a great way to spend a weekend

AB
4th December 2011, 08:36 PM
It'll be a good meet up Fletch, you'll love this place!!!

Let me know what date inbetween those dates given above best suits you guys and I'll wang up a post.

I'm easy anywhere inbetween those dates guys!

AB
5th December 2011, 09:53 AM
Sounds good, I'll put a post up about it...

Ed.
28th July 2012, 09:52 PM
next road past the kinglake footy ground (extons road) up then end is another good entry point for the national park, heaps of tracks

MEGOMONSTER
29th July 2012, 08:18 PM
I would really like to have my rig ready for those dates

NissanGQ4.2
29th July 2012, 08:46 PM

Mick this is an old thread, well and truly over unless I have missed something

P.S: will message you 2morrow, not feeling well at the moment.

healy
29th July 2012, 08:46 PM

If I'm looking at the dates rite this was at the start of this year

MEGOMONSTER
29th July 2012, 09:19 PM
Oops just excited after the fun I had today in Echuca