PDA

View Full Version : Daylight Savings

DX grunt
5th June 2010, 07:43 AM
To help you with your trip preparation, I thought I'd just drop you a line to tell you that in a recent referendum, it was voted by (lots of) the people, not to have daylight savings.

So..... the West will be 3hrs behind NSW and Vic during summer for the next ????? years.

A very important point when ringing friends and rellies from WA :mad: ;) :D

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

AB
5th June 2010, 05:51 PM
I always wake you poor buggers up in the morning!

Woof
7th June 2010, 06:14 PM
I don't answer the phone anyway so it doesn't worry me.

MrsMav
7th June 2010, 07:52 PM
We all just have to get up an hour early, not that hard.. lol...

DX grunt
8th June 2010, 09:25 PM
Save the beaches, save the mountains, and my favourite.......save the curtains! I'm a morning person.

MrsMav
8th June 2010, 09:52 PM
Save the beaches, save the mountains, and my favourite.......save the curtains! I'm a morning person.

Lol, save the curtains, yep that would have to be my favourite too. Curtains will fade because of that extra hour of daylight for sure.. hahaha

Yep morning is the best part of the day I reckon, humm except when you are out having a bourbon or five... lol

DX grunt
8th June 2010, 10:14 PM
Lol, save the curtains, yep that would have to be my favourite too. Curtains will fade because of that extra hour of daylight for sure.. hahaha

Yep morning is the best part of the day I reckon, humm except when you are out having a bourbon or five... lol

I'm too old to drink till the sun comes up. Only ever done it twice....and regretted it both times. LOL

Mark
9th June 2010, 09:00 PM
Ross, I'll tell you a quick funny story.

In my teenage days i used to have to walk home from town about 4 km's up up a hill occasionally.

Nightmare road up hill for 95% of the way.

I used to hate the morning walking up the hill, the suns rising, birds are chirping and the crows are singing....Mark, Mark, marrrrrrrrrrrk!

If anyone has heard the morning crow sounds they would laugh as i used to think of it as the walk of shame and the crows are mocking you!

Thank god those day are long gone.

AB
9th June 2010, 09:53 PM
I know that sound Mark!

Funny story, theres nothing worse than being awake when the sun rises after a big night...Yuk!

GQ-Nut
9th June 2010, 10:04 PM
I know that sound quite well unfortunately Mark.

Not so much these days like you mentioned...ha-ha.