PDA

View Full Version : TI 1998 how to remove radio???

putin
1st December 2011, 01:06 PM
I'm going crazy, I don't wanna damage the dash. please I need help.

canuck
1st December 2011, 01:34 PM
Hi Putin. Welcome to the forum. Make sure you do an intro in the introductions section.

I presume it is similar to the Y60. Flip the upper vents down and you will see screw heads. Remove those ones. Pull out your change/ciggy tray and remove the screw at back. Remove the screws on the side of centre console. You will also have to move the gear shifter (5spd or Auto) all the way back. Pull out the console and disconnect the wire connectors. Now you should be able to unscrew the radio from its mounts and pull it out.

putin
1st December 2011, 08:35 PM
I attached the picture of my dash. I can't see any screw.

AB
1st December 2011, 08:42 PM
lol...I would go made too mate. Hopefully someone with a Ti GU can help you out soon!

big_fletch
1st December 2011, 09:23 PM
G'day and welcome to the forum mate.. At the bottom of the woodgrain pannel on either side is a small cutout which you can feel if you run your fingers along the bottom (about an inch from the sides).. If you place a small flat screwdriver in the hole the whole woodgrain pannel just pops off.. After the removal of this there is 4 x phillips head screws around the radio for the brackets and then the radio will come out.. Hope this helps mate

Fletcha

putin
1st December 2011, 11:17 PM
yeah! all done! thank you!

canuck
2nd December 2011, 04:19 AM
I attached the picture of my dash. I can't see any screw.

Sorry about that Putin. It isn't even close to that of a GQ. Glad Big_Fletch was able to help you. Once you get up to 25 posts, i highly recommend that you download the FSM. All the little tricks are in it.