PDA

View Full Version : Interior light delay switch

datanisse
30th November 2011, 02:18 AM
Have a standard Y61 (2007 model). Remote control for door lock/unlock.
I want to be able to do the following :
When unlocking door with the remote: Interior lights turn on - and stays on until I start the engine.
When shutting down the engine: Interior lights turn on - and stays off until I lock the door with the remote.
Any know of a third party gizmo for this (make and part number, or URL preferred).
Or is there a standard Nissan part to be used ?
I know I can put in a "dimmer", but this does only works with time, not signal.

Don`t fancy the idea of making one by myself (not enough brain power ..:blowup: )

datanisse
1st December 2011, 04:59 AM
Have checked some manuals. There seems to be a timer installed on some models.

datanisse
1st December 2011, 05:00 AM
So my question is still there.

Bigrig
1st December 2011, 09:29 AM
Again x 2 - I'd be interested in this one if it's not too much hassle.

datanisse
2nd December 2011, 04:34 AM
Well, at least, it makes two of us then :-)

datanisse
2nd December 2011, 04:39 AM
If/when I do find seething, I will make a post of it.

datanisse
2nd December 2011, 04:39 AM
In theory, it should be able to build one. But do not fancy the idea of blowing the electrical circuit.

patch697
2nd December 2011, 09:46 AM
If your thinking/looking at building something yourself try the Jacar Electronics web site: http://www.jaycar.com.au/

You will probably find something suitable for the job.

Interior lights are negatively switched through the doors & the switch in the light itself so your not playing with anything major.

Yendor
2nd December 2011, 10:29 AM
If building something yourself you just need to be aware that the GU's have an input from the door switches for the keyless entry.

If a door switch is indicating a door is open the keyless entry will not lock the vehicle.

You will just need to be careful how you get the interior light to stay on and still show all of the doors as being closed (door switches open).

Bigcol
15th December 2011, 07:50 AM
I know with my wifes Landcruiser Kakadu - it does what you want - unlock car, interior light comes on, turn off engine interior light comes on, lock car interior light stays on for 5 seconds after locking car
mind you, if you leave the lights on, as soon as you take key out and open door - head lights go out
when to put the key in and start it, the head lights come back on

trying to work out how that one works as well for my GU

cheers

SCADA
15th December 2011, 08:51 AM
Soooo how many people are interested in this? Its doable but will be a custom job. When I get my posts up I will down load the manuals and have a look at the wiring diagrams. :)

Yendor
15th December 2011, 11:12 AM
Soooo how many people are interested in this? Its doable but will be a custom job. When I get my posts up I will down load the manuals and have a look at the wiring diagrams. :)

Hey SCADA,

You might be able to help me with another project.

Some of the guys have asked about making their electric windows being able to work all the time, not just when the ignition is on.

There is a 12 volt relay in the circuit that switches on with ignition, this supplies battery power to the windows, now you can just bypass this relay and supply direct battery power to the windows, but the problem is on the GUs there is a little LED light in the drivers side switch that stays illuminated when doing this.

So I was thinking a timing circuit would be the way to go, it could keep the relay switched on for an hour or so after the ignition switch was turned off.

What do you think?

SCADA
15th December 2011, 11:55 AM
Should be pretty easy to do. Have heard this is an irritation on the Patrols. Does it effect GQ & all GU variants? Where is the relay? Interior or engine bay?

patch697
15th December 2011, 12:09 PM
What about the timer shutoff relays the fords & Holdens run on there power windows?

It doesn't last an hr but it lasts long enought to wind the windows up you realized you've left down after you pulled the keys out of the ignition...

Just a thought.

Yendor
15th December 2011, 02:12 PM
Should be pretty easy to do. Have heard this is an irritation on the Patrols. Does it effect GQ & all GU variants? Where is the relay? Interior or engine bay?

Both the GQs and GUs are the same, but from memory I don't think the GQs have the light in the switch, unless my old GQs one was just stuffed.

The relay is inside the vehicle.

Here it is in my GU, it's the blue relay top LHS

Yendor
15th December 2011, 02:30 PM
What about the timer shutoff relays the fords & Holdens run on there power windows?

It doesn't last an hr but it lasts long enought to wind the windows up you realized you've left down after you pulled the keys out of the ignition...

Just a thought.

I'm not sure what Fords use but commodores from about VN on use the body control module.

REDARC have a timer relay, that I think may do the job.

http://redarc.com.au/products-and-services/timers/standard-timers

But going by the prices on ebay they are around $130

SCADA
15th December 2011, 03:11 PM
I'm not sure what Fords use but commodores from about VN on use the body control module.

REDARC have a timer relay, that I think may do the job.

http://redarc.com.au/products-and-services/timers/standard-timers

But going by the prices on ebay they are around $130

Thanks for the info...$130 sounds a bit rich to me. How does everyone else feel about this?

Clunk
15th December 2011, 03:36 PM
Hey SCADA,

You might be able to help me with another project.

Some of the guys have asked about making their electric windows being able to work all the time, not just when the ignition is on.

There is a 12 volt relay in the circuit that switches on with ignition, this supplies battery power to the windows, now you can just bypass this relay and supply direct battery power to the windows, but the problem is on the GUs there is a little LED light in the drivers side switch that stays illuminated when doing this.

So I was thinking a timing circuit would be the way to go, it could keep the relay switched on for an hour or so after the ignition switch was turned off.

What do you think?

Ummmm I know this is from the other forum but i thought it might possibly be useful............ well if your a member there that is (which I'm not)

patrol4x4.com/forum/auto-electrical-37/power-window-override-button-66710/

NOTE: DIRECT LINKS HAVE BEEN REMOVED DUE TO PATROL4X4's VIRUS PROBLEMS, ENTERING THE ABOVE LINK INTO YOUR BROWSER YOU DO AT YOUR OWN RISK

KIND REGARDS

FORUM MANAGEMENT

Yendor
15th December 2011, 04:17 PM
Thanks for the info...$130 sounds a bit rich to me. How does everyone else feel about this?

It sounds very expensive to me, for a timer circuit.

That's why I thought I would ask if you could design a simple timer circuit that could keep the relay switched on for a period of time after the ignition was switched off.

Jaycar also have a timer

http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=AA0364&keywords=timer&form=KEYWORD

But is doesn't stay on for a long enough time I think.

SCADA
15th December 2011, 04:22 PM
Ummmm I know this is from the other forum but i thought it might possibly be useful............ well if your a member there that is (which I'm not)

That would work OK but the best would be to have the option of both eh? Have a 5min (adjustable) delay after ignition off, and an over-ride switch to have it on all the time.

Yendor
15th December 2011, 04:39 PM
That would work OK but the best would be to have the option of both eh? Have a 5min (adjustable) delay after ignition off, and an over-ride switch to have it on all the time.

You could also have the switch as an option.

patch697
15th December 2011, 06:20 PM
Mite be time to hit the Jacar cattledog me thinks cos im sure they'll have something suitable for a lot less $$$

philfree
15th December 2011, 10:33 PM
I think i might be able to help you i made a wiper delay ciruit for my old ute whitch is variable i think with some modification we could effectivly make a set delay after ignition is turned off i think the whole thing in parts cost me 26 bucks

philfree
22nd January 2012, 12:02 AM
Hi
Im still looking into the diagrams for the op but to work out one exactly i need to know how the door locks work like do they pulse negative to
to lock and unlock etc. im mid way through a real cheap interior delay circuit to.

my third 256
22nd January 2012, 08:45 AM

patrol4x4.com/forum/auto-electrical-37/power-window-override-button-66710/

great find thanks for that im going out to the shed to do it right now

NP99
11th May 2013, 11:15 PM
A bit old.......I bought this

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/330806733072?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

4by
13th May 2013, 12:04 AM
This might be the go or me NP99, thanks. My bmw has this feature and it's great getting in and out in the dark. Can't go wrong for 10 bux.

Flex
8th April 2014, 01:11 PM
I just bought my GU6 and really annoyed with the features or more to the point the lack of. My brother's 2000 land cruiser has more features. So I've decided to make two modules/ mods

Module 1:
A modification to the drivers door window module that allows you to control all the windows after you turn the vehicle off (not in ignition position)

The features of the modification are:
* Able to operate the windows 5 minutes after you switch out of ignition position. (This complies with ADR)
* The timer will be cut short if the drivers door is opened and then closed.
* The window disable switch will flash while in timer mode.

Also playing with the idea of changing the colour of the illumination of the "AUTO" switch (sick of orange) and adding illumination to the other switches.

Module 2:
Is more along the lines of what user datanisse wanted is a module that controls the interior lights. I'm working on a module that has these features:
* Control the interior lights - fading, one with door open, on with key removal, etc.
* Includes a speedo correction for bigger tyres.
* Radio timer that allows the radio/ cd player keep running until the drivers door is opened
* When you put the car in reverse it turns the rear wiper on (only if the front wiper is one)
* Differ lock controller

Don't know if anyone would want these, just putting it out there.

mudski
8th April 2014, 02:40 PM
Your gonna be busy Flex....

Flex
8th April 2014, 09:55 PM
Your gonna be busy Flex....

Almost got a prototype of the window module working now. Second module I'll start a little latter

Patrol-Guy
4th May 2014, 09:46 PM
Almost got a prototype of the window module working now. Second module I'll start a little latter

You've got me interested Flex.

Wang
4th May 2014, 10:29 PM
You've got me interested Flex.

Yes I'll be keeping an eye on this one too. All my other cars have the delay on the windows. So I'm always standing there with the stupid key buzzer goin off while I wind up the window