PDA

View Full Version : Playtime Brisbane southside

04OFF
29th November 2011, 12:54 PM
Anyone keen to come out for a bit of a play this Saturday ? (3/12/11), im thinking somewhere like Ripley or other (open to suggestions) just somewhere within less than a hours drive (even scenic rim)

Not a big day, say meet around 9.30am travel and play until 3.30pm (approx 5hrs in 4wd)

Dhuck
29th November 2011, 01:20 PM
Sorry I am out having a few xmas bevs. But would love to go.:(

Warnie
29th November 2011, 07:16 PM
I am playing cricket, too late to bail now. Someone will wanna go with you

Bigrig
29th November 2011, 07:31 PM
Sandra and I might both be in ... I'll confirm tonight.

scotty83
29th November 2011, 07:57 PM
Possibly in. Just checking with the social Director. busy time of year.

Bigrig
29th November 2011, 08:00 PM
We should be right for a few hours. Will have the Patrol and the Jeep.

Finly Owner
29th November 2011, 11:47 PM
work christmas party sorry!

Tim

Ben-e-boy
30th November 2011, 05:37 PM
Ive never been to riply It might be worth the drive down

Mazodude
30th November 2011, 05:40 PM
ripley is pretty good. on some of the tracks off to the side of the main track, you will need a winch.

Ben-e-boy
30th November 2011, 05:51 PM
ripley is pretty good. on some of the tracks off to the side of the main track, you will need a winch.

sounds like a challenge to me

Bigrig
30th November 2011, 05:53 PM
sounds like a challenge to me

X2 ... lmao

nickpeacock36
30th November 2011, 06:14 PM
sounds good to me. where shall we meet?

Dhuck
30th November 2011, 07:21 PM
This depresses me. Can we make it Sunday? Please, pretty please, grovel, grovel.

Bigrig
30th November 2011, 07:33 PM
This depresses me. Can we make it Sunday? Please, pretty please, grovel, grovel.

I don't mind which day, but will go with stevo's initial suggestion ...

So sucked in!!! lmao

2TROLLFAM
Arrrrrr CRAP!! Ripley is like 10mins from my place but alas I work all day on a Saturday...

Bigrig
sounds good to me. where shall we meet?

Was just talking to Benny about working out a meet up spot ...

How about Torq4x4 again on Johnson Road Hillcrest?? 9:00am??

Dhuck
30th November 2011, 07:42 PM
Sounds good for a Sunday morning and we could take a new member for a run

Bigrig
30th November 2011, 07:46 PM
Sounds good for a Sunday morning and we could take a new member for a run

It's Saturday mate - you must have misread the post ...

LMAO!!!!

Dhuck
30th November 2011, 07:49 PM
Sorry mate just trying to inadvertently trying to change the day cause I am really cut I cannot make Saturday. This meet up that I am going to on Saturday only happens every couple of years.

Bigrig
30th November 2011, 08:02 PM
Sorry mate just trying to inadvertently trying to change the day cause I am really cut I cannot make Saturday. This meet up that I am going to on Saturday only happens every couple of years.

Boohoo ....

I'm giggling!!! lol

As said, take it up with the organisers and other attendees mate - we're happy with either day.

Dhuck
30th November 2011, 08:09 PM
Boohoo ....

I'm giggling!!! lol

As said, take it up with the organisers and other attendees mate - we're happy with either day.

Your not a very nice friend. :(

Bigrig
30th November 2011, 08:11 PM
Your not a very nice friend. :(

It's true ...

Dhuck
30th November 2011, 08:16 PM
To all apart from Scotty, what is the chances of making a day of it on Sunday. Seems that there may be a couple of others who may be able to attend on the Sunday, including my self as the Saturday has been taken for me for quite awhile now. Please!

scotty83
30th November 2011, 09:31 PM
I am keen for Saturday. Some of the Navara Asia Girls and boys are keen for saturday too.

Dhuck
30th November 2011, 09:38 PM
OK fine be a bunch of pussies. Don't let the new people and real off roaders join in. It will be a cr@p day for you all. lol

Bigrig
30th November 2011, 09:57 PM
OK fine be a bunch of pussies. Don't let the new people and real off roaders join in. It will be a cr@p day for you all. lol

So you're the only 'real' off roader?? In that truck that you 'bought' as is?? That you've done no mods to yourself other than pull out a dent?? After originally owning a Suzuki??

I think I've made my point little fella!!!

Yep, giggling again!!! lmao

Dhuck
30th November 2011, 10:07 PM
But unfortunately Scotty you have not even reached the old Zooks level of competence. That little thing went almost any where.

hekarewe
30th November 2011, 10:19 PM
dhuck what can i say i feel for you mate,,,,,, BAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHHA i think we might be able to make it for a play date will confirm later in the week..

hey ducky harden up princess you cant get it your way all the time roflmao

Dhuck
30th November 2011, 10:41 PM
Mate have had to bow out more than once in the past mate. Just would like to go on a day trip before chrissy and possibly bring a couple of new members along. You know that I am a courteous man and like to give all members a chance to get out and have a go.

Finly Owner
30th November 2011, 10:52 PM
So Dhuck why don't you lead atrip up on Sunday seperate to the Saturday trip? You know that place as well as many others do. And those who like playing could go both days.

Tim

04OFF
30th November 2011, 11:03 PM
Guy's !, Guys ! :fish:

I am booked out for friday night, saturday night, and all day sunday, but i am happy to change the day to Sunday if that suits more members (just means i can't go), but i am willing to "take one" for the team if it keeps more people happy :p:eck05:

Yes, Finly beat me to it (stupid server error) or...just have a trip "both" days ?

Im happy to go with the Navara clan on Sat, anyone can come along.....if Sunday suits better, Dhuck and the others can go out Sunday, or just go both days....everybody wins

Bigrig
30th November 2011, 11:07 PM
So Dhuck why don't you lead atrip up on Sunday seperate to the Saturday trip? You know that place as well as many others do. And those who like playing could go both days.

Tim

Yeah Dhuck, why don't you organise a day for the 'real' off roaders to go out??!! lol

Us pussies who don't have 300kg's of steel put on by someone else before we bought it will just have to tolerate going Saturday!!!

Still giggling ...

Bigrig
30th November 2011, 11:08 PM
Guy's !, Guys ! :fish:

I am booked out for friday night, saturday night, and all day sunday, but i am happy to change the day to Sunday if that suits more members (just means i can't go), but i am willing to "take one" for the team if it keeps more people happy :p:eck05:

Yes, Finly beat me to it (stupid server error) or...just have a trip "both" days ?

Im happy to go with the Navara clan on Sat, anyone can come along.....if Sunday suits better, Dhuck and the others can go out Sunday, or just go both days....everybody wins

Nahhhh ... we're all good for Saturday!! lol

Dhuck
30th November 2011, 11:14 PM

Tim

Is all good Tim. Never been to Ripley. As for Scotty, for a change I will be sitting back sucking down a few coldies in stead of him. Besides he would not have the truck he has now if it was't for Pigtrol's influence on what a real truck can do even if it only cost a quarter of what he has forked out to even get Tank close. rofl

Bigrig
30th November 2011, 11:22 PM
Is all good Tim. Never been to Ripley. As for Scotty, for a change I will be sitting back sucking down a few coldies in stead of him. Besides he would not have the truck he has now if it was't for Pigtrol's influence on what a real truck can do even if it only cost a quarter of what he has forked out to even get Tank close. rofl

True on all counts (except the cost to date) ...

I guess I'll just go out sit in my comfy leather seats (without smacking my leg or head on the rollcage), turn on my nice 7" LCD stereo running through 7 speakers, put up my electric tinted windows, turn on the air conditioning (without worrying it'll leak out through all the holes in my floorplan), and ponder all the pitfalls of owning Tank!!!

Giggling harder ... Want to have a lash at making me full on laugh???!!! lmao

Finly Owner
30th November 2011, 11:50 PM
True on all counts (except the cost to date) ...

I guess I'll just go out sit in my comfy leather seats (without smacking my leg or head on the rollcage), turn on my nice 7" LCD stereo running through 7 speakers, put up my electric tinted windows, turn on the air conditioning (without worrying it'll leak out through all the holes in my floorplan), and ponder all the pitfalls of owning Tank!!!

Giggling harder ... Want to have a lash at making me full on laugh???!!! lmaoYeah I'll have a go...........
If Finly was registered... and I wasn't doing two chriisy parties this weekend... my starndard leaf sprung LWB (2t lighter than pig troll) would come and crawl throught he bush like a true 4b should.

So now you should be splitting your sides with laughter, BUT I BELEIVE!

Tim

Bigrig
1st December 2011, 12:08 AM
Yeah I'll have a go...........
If Finly was registered... and I wasn't doing two chriisy parties this weekend... my starndard leaf sprung LWB (2t lighter than pig troll) would come and crawl throught he bush like a true 4b should.

So now you should be splitting your sides with laughter, BUT I BELEIVE!

Tim

That's the beauty of having multiple worlds - you can live in yours, and we can all live in the real one!!!! Hahahaha ...

04OFF
1st December 2011, 12:21 AM
:hijacked:
ooohhhh dear, my poor little trip thread, abused and sodomised by so many in such a short time, will it ever be the same again !

LOL :wink:

Clunk
1st December 2011, 12:47 AM
:hijacked:
ooohhhh dear, my poor little trip thread, abused and sodomised by so many in such a short time, will it ever be the same again !

LOL :wink:
some people just have no standards mate, and to think a moderator was involved in the shenanigans too!!!!!!!! shocking behaviour hahahaha

scotty83
1st December 2011, 08:49 AM
Ok so back to the point of this thread. Going off road....

Can I please confirm Saturday 9:30am @ torq browns plains? I need to let the other know.

Bigrig
1st December 2011, 09:01 AM

Can I please confirm Saturday 9:30am @ torq browns plains? I need to let the other know.

I thought 9:00am at Torq so we're on the tracks at 9:30??

I'll go with the flow though.

04OFF
1st December 2011, 09:50 AM

9.30am @ torq 4x4 will suit me :wink:

Bigrig
1st December 2011, 10:25 AM
9.30am @ torq 4x4 will suit me :wink:

Done - see you there!

scotty83
1st December 2011, 01:44 PM
done 9:00am...

RustyNav09
1st December 2011, 05:06 PM
So its 9:00am at Torq4x4 or 9:30am at Ripley. Meeting poijt ripley will he CNR Ripley and Binnies Rd at the bus stop and just on the dirt rd.

I have a few navarians coming but not 100% on numbers

Rusty

Bigrig
1st December 2011, 05:07 PM
So its 9:00am at Torq4x4 or 9:30am at Ripley. Meeting poijt ripley will he CNR Ripley and Binnies Rd at the bus stop and just on the dirt rd.

I have a few navarians coming but not 100% on numbers

Rusty

Done deal - I'll be at Torq at 9:00am ...

RustyNav09
1st December 2011, 06:17 PM
Looks like a day of getting the car ready tomoz. Time to see how the chip performs with the off road stuff

Yendor
1st December 2011, 06:38 PM
So what's the terrain like out at Ripley? is it clay based?

With all this rain about is it a waste of time heading out if you don't have mud tyres?

Ben-e-boy
1st December 2011, 06:38 PM
What are the numbers so far??
Me
o4off
bigrig and sandra
scotty83+ ???
rusty nav+???

and more to the point how many navara's will we need to recover

RustyNav09
1st December 2011, 07:03 PM
Well scotty83+ will be me plus others from navara forum. Good base when wet 4wd low and go go go. It will be a fine day tomoz so it will dry up and be good for Sat

Bigrig
1st December 2011, 08:07 PM

With all this rain about is it a waste of time heading out if you don't have mud tyres?

You'll be right mate - most hard tracks are actually really short and feed off the main track around the place - at least in the area I've seen ...

nickpeacock36
1st December 2011, 08:46 PM
Im still in. see you at Torque.

Bigrig
1st December 2011, 09:00 PM
Im still in. see you at Torque.

See you there mate!

hekarewe
2nd December 2011, 01:11 AM
at the moment i should be good to go for saturday will confirm for sure on friday night work will

Bigrig
2nd December 2011, 08:16 AM
at the moment i should be good to go for saturday will confirm for sure on friday night work will

Good stuff boss ...

04OFF
2nd December 2011, 10:57 AM
What are the numbers so far??

and more to the point how many navara's will we need to recover

Ha-ha, ^ classic.....

I suspect the Navara boys and girls will be suggesting, "they" will be the ones recovering all the Patrols tho ? :tease:

Looking forward to watch you attack some of the impossible stuff and put em back in their place :bananarock:

Im only going out on ATs mate, it should be fine, plus, there should be plenty of Navaras MORE than willing to pull us out if we get stuck (ha-ha)

So, UHF 17 as per usual

Silver
2nd December 2011, 11:00 AM
have fun, looking forward to the photos!

04OFF
2nd December 2011, 11:11 AM
Rick !.......You need to come and bring Fran, that way she can take pics then i can just drive ! :clapping:

Mazodude
2nd December 2011, 03:29 PM

sand, and lots of it :D. (see my avatar <---) There is lots of dirt too and mud :D.
I did it with almost bald AT's. you will be fine

Bigrig
2nd December 2011, 04:02 PM
Yep - UHF 17

An we had a Navara at Springs with us last time .. so whilst we may need them to pull us out, it's only because they wouldn't dare attempt the same things we do, and as such are sitting and watching the big boys play!!!! lol

They go alright, but from what I've seen so far, they are in for some damage if they follow the likes of Benny (and maybe me!! lol).

2TROLLFAM
2nd December 2011, 07:24 PM
LMFAO !!! You guys are nutters ...

Ben-e-boy
2nd December 2011, 07:37 PM
[QUOTE=04OFF;168739]Ha-ha, ^ classic.....

I suspect the Navara boys and girls will be suggesting, "they" will be the ones recovering all the Patrols tho ? :tease:

Looking forward to watch you attack some of the impossible stuff and put em back in their place :bananarock:=QUOTE]

cool.... If those navarians get a bit too cocky I'm sure me bigrig will be happy to knock em down a few pegs.

but in saying that I will probably end up on my side trying too hard to prove a point hahahahahahah

2TROLLFAM
2nd December 2011, 07:39 PM
Well I'm glad I'm working tomorrow so my Navara isn't picked on .... he would be a sook & watch!! HAHAHA

Dhuck
2nd December 2011, 08:30 PM
We may be nutters Amelia, but a great bunch to get out with.

hekarewe
2nd December 2011, 09:23 PM
[QUOTE=04OFF;168739]Ha-ha, ^ classic.....

Looking forward to watch you attack some of the impossible stuff and put em back in their place :bananarock:=QUOTE]

cool.... If those navarians get a bit too cocky I'm sure me bigrig will be happy to knock em down a few pegs.

but in saying that I will probably end up on my side trying too hard to prove a point hahahahahahah

so best i turn up beneboy so and big rig dont have to be recovered by navies see you all at what time tomorrow at torq????

Bigrig
2nd December 2011, 09:40 PM
[QUOTE=Ben-e-boy;168863]

so best i turn up beneboy so and big rig dont have to be recovered by navies see you all at what time tomorrow at torq????

I'll be there at 9 ish - I'll fill up first and grab a coffee ..

Ben-e-boy
2nd December 2011, 09:43 PM
[QUOTE=hekarewe;168897]

I'll be there at 9 ish - I'll fill up first and grab a coffee ..

I'll shoot you a message when I' m on the northside if your close I'll meet you on the gateway or something

hekarewe
2nd December 2011, 10:09 PM
[QUOTE=Bigrig;168906]

I'll shoot you a message when I' m on the northside if your close I'll meet you on the gateway or something

i live on the south side ben over at springfield lakes

Bigrig
2nd December 2011, 10:34 PM
[QUOTE=Bigrig;168906]

Righto boss!!

Ben-e-boy
3rd December 2011, 06:53 AM
I'm on my way see you in a few hours

Bigrig
3rd December 2011, 08:28 AM
I'm on my way see you in a few hours

Bootiful ...

See everyone else in a couple also!!

hekarewe
3rd December 2011, 06:27 PM
home all safe n sound had great day thanks to steve again dam fine idea you had you,,,,,, now to start down loading 630 odd photos and then resize and edit!!!!!! will start loading them in a month or so when i get through them if you like them stiff you take the photos next time LOL

Bigrig
3rd December 2011, 06:32 PM
Thanks everyone for a top day ... I'll get some video up tonight also ...

growler2058
3rd December 2011, 06:32 PM
Waiting, waiting, waiting hahahahahahahahahhahaha

04OFF
3rd December 2011, 07:01 PM
Yeh thanks to everyone, it was most fun.

Loooking forward to the photos Adrian, my camera is still having a hernia, so not sure if ill be able to get any pic's off mine yet, Scotty's video/s should be interesting, & yet more panel damage & driving fail on my behalf :frown:

Bigrig
3rd December 2011, 07:24 PM
Yeh thanks to everyone, it was most fun.

Loooking forward to the photos Adrian, my camera is still having a hernia, so not sure if ill be able to get any pic's off mine yet, Scotty's video/s should be interesting, & yet more panel damage & driving fail on my behalf :frown:

Yep - I just had a look and definitely got the "moment of truth" on tape .. quarter panel and bullbar!!! lol

Nothing the 'doctor' can't fix ... hopefully!!!

RustyNav09
3rd December 2011, 07:45 PM
Thanks for a top day. I held my nav flag high and put it through some more challenging stuff then a previous run. Can't wait for pictures.

We are gonna have to organise a day that we can get the patrols and navs out together.

Off to the autobarn tomoz for a new trailer plug. That's all I broke yay!

Thanks again
Rusty

Yendor
3rd December 2011, 07:54 PM
Thanks for the great day guys. I had a ball.

Yes the nav went well.

Bigrig
3rd December 2011, 08:12 PM
Yep, the Nav went pretty well ... goes without saying they're not quite up to the hardcore stuff without serious investment, but it was no slouch!!!

Videos converting now .. I'll edit them later tonight and hopefully post up also ...

Ben-e-boy
3rd December 2011, 08:14 PM
well I just got home that was a solid 13 hour day for me. Thanks for a fun day... 040ff I cant help but wonder what damage you'll do with a locker hahahaha

Fatgq
3rd December 2011, 08:30 PM
Had a top day fellas have to do it again soon now just to put my exhaust back on tomorrow haha

Bigrig
3rd December 2011, 08:31 PM
Had a top day fellas have to do it again soon now just to put my exhaust back on tomorrow haha

But it sounds so good without it!!!!

Ben-e-boy
3rd December 2011, 08:44 PM
sorry guys I didnt take any footage what so ever

hekarewe
3rd December 2011, 09:35 PM
what a day,,,, just finished editing cropping and resizing my way through 630 or so pics notincluding what i edited on the camera during the day dam i am so tired my eyes are square as!!!!

growler2058
3rd December 2011, 09:36 PM
Ok thats 10 wheres the other 620 hahahahaha

RustyNav09
3rd December 2011, 10:12 PM
Ahahahah should be fun sorting those. Yes my car is not up to the serious articulation stuff like the solid axle gear under the patrol, but it still pulled through and all I have to do its find the right line and remember I have ifs.

The rest of the pics should be fun.

Rusty

hekarewe
3rd December 2011, 10:22 PM
Ok thats 10 wheres the other 620 hahahahaha

they are coming had to stop for dinner,,,, and your not getting all of them deleted heaps what i am keeping you'll see

hekarewe
3rd December 2011, 10:32 PM
here we go agian some more for you to check out there is sequence of pics of 040ff in a bit of a pickle he got into lol only 57 pics to go up

hekarewe
3rd December 2011, 10:56 PM
and agian!!!! and again ??? yes again

Clunk
3rd December 2011, 11:11 PM
looks like yet another top day out fellas

2TROLLFAM
3rd December 2011, 11:14 PM
Those pics are AWESOME - and yes, too much for Miss Beginner me but can I park my Nav and hitch a ride next time??!!! Ohhhh hold on, Brads Patrol should be back on the road soon ..........

Bigrig
3rd December 2011, 11:18 PM
Those pics are AWESOME - and yes, too much for Miss Beginner me but can I park my Nav and hitch a ride next time??!!! Ohhhh hold on, Brads Patrol should be back on the road soon ..........

The Nav would have made it around mate - we parked in some play areas and went hunting for trouble as it were ... hopefully Adrian has some "hot shots" of the harder sections, but they weren't part of the normal tracks ...

Have to bring both next time!!!!

hekarewe
3rd December 2011, 11:18 PM
here we go agian having a bit of trouble loading some of these

Woof
3rd December 2011, 11:21 PM
Great photos there mate, looks like it was a fantastic day out...wish I was there with you all

hekarewe
3rd December 2011, 11:23 PM
here we go agian and again

2TROLLFAM
3rd December 2011, 11:24 PM
The Nav would have made it around mate - we parked in some play areas and went hunting for trouble as it were ... hopefully Adrian has some "hot shots" of the harder sections, but they weren't part of the normal tracks ...

Have to bring both next time!!!!

HELL YEAH!!!! Work was boring :(

hekarewe
3rd December 2011, 11:28 PM
hey guess what heres the last enjoy

hekarewe
3rd December 2011, 11:32 PM
and the disaster of the day was my poor thong threw a tread and me my work boots :(

Bigrig
3rd December 2011, 11:33 PM
Top job Adrian - great photos mate!!

hekarewe
3rd December 2011, 11:37 PM
Top job Adrian - great photos mate!!

ok my bits done where your vids bucko lol

Bigrig
3rd December 2011, 11:40 PM
ok my bits done where your vids bucko lol

Trying to reduce it down - still over 30 minutes long! Working on it though ...

hekarewe
3rd December 2011, 11:42 PM
Trying to reduce it down - still over 30 minutes long! Working on it though ...

LMAO pull your finger out princess lol

Silver
3rd December 2011, 11:47 PM
Some interesting shots there - and once again Steve O4OFF going the extra mile to take a good photo!

In looking at those ascending shots there are a few where the front end has one wheel on the ground, but the diff housing appears level - is that capturing the top of a bounce?

Wish I was there, but not the place for Lo-Rider Silver I reckon :-)

Adrian, nice shots and thanks for taking the time to edit crop and post them here - great work!

hekarewe
4th December 2011, 12:13 AM
Some interesting shots there - and once again Steve O4OFF going the extra mile to take a good photo!

In looking at those ascending shots there are a few where the front end has one wheel on the ground, but the diff housing appears level - is that capturing the top of a bounce?

Wish I was there, but not the place for Lo-Rider Silver I reckon :-)

Adrian, nice shots and thanks for taking the time to edit crop and post them here - great work!

i try crop the photos at the hight of the bounce or hight of the climb,,,,, i use the action sports setting and just hold the button till the action is finished then see what i have caught sometimes good sometimes sheeeit

04OFF
4th December 2011, 12:53 AM
Adrian, they are some of the best action pics ive seen of any trip, outstanding work mate, very proud of ya bud :clapping: give yourself a pat on the back, or a meat pie, or whatever it is you do ? (ha-ha)

serious, great work big fella !

Silver
4th December 2011, 02:30 AM
and the disaster of the day was my poor thong threw a tread and me my work boots :(

must have been a tough track to kill a webbing equipped thong, I thought you'd be safe enough upgrading from a double plugger!!

hekarewe
4th December 2011, 08:35 AM
must have been a tough track to kill a webbing equipped thong, I thought you'd be safe enough upgrading from a double plugger!!

going to up grade to some hard core off road muddies this time i think Kmart have some on spiecal LOL

growler2058
4th December 2011, 08:53 AM
Ya need some of these bad boys mate

hekarewe
4th December 2011, 09:14 AM

they look more like shoes dude its like riding a motor with a roll cage lol

Dhuck
4th December 2011, 09:35 AM
Um what was the snatchy doing on the front of Tank? Did he get stuck? hehehehe

hekarewe
4th December 2011, 10:36 AM

i think tank was lacking in confidence because he didnt have his ducky with him and he missed him ROFLMAO

Bigrig
4th December 2011, 10:44 AM

I got it out to recover Steve ... couldn't be bothered putting it away after it wasn't needed, so just looped it around the bar ...

there was nothing really to get stuck on!!

Bigrig
4th December 2011, 10:52 AM

Are they like some sort of fancy Victorian footwear?? The roman empire would still be dominant and kicking butt to this day if they had access to the sandals in that first photo!!!!

nickpeacock36
4th December 2011, 11:07 AM
Thanks for organising the day Steve and what a great day it was, we need to do more day trips like this dont you think? Great pictures Adrian, i've got to get a decent camera myself although the little camcorder got some good footage.

scotty83
4th December 2011, 11:49 AM
Fantastic Pics. this is the first time i have had decent photos of my rig..

Dhuck
4th December 2011, 11:50 AM
Still waiting to see a vid

Bigrig
4th December 2011, 11:57 AM
Thanks for organising the day Steve and what a great day it was, we need to do more day trips like this dont you think? Great pictures Adrian, i've got to get a decent camera myself although the little camcorder got some good footage.

Agreed on all counts!!!

Sooooo .. beerburrum anyone??? lol

Bigrig
4th December 2011, 11:58 AM
Still waiting to see a vid

Working on it boss!!

Bigrig
4th December 2011, 03:15 PM
Video uploading you YouTube now ... 404Meg, so will take a while ...

Bigrig
4th December 2011, 04:38 PM
Here tis ... nothing too flash as it was all from the in car camera (I detached it for some outside footage also) ... enjoy ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgcRza1o30U

2TROLLFAM
4th December 2011, 05:51 PM
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! That was fantastic - thanx for posting the vid

Bigrig
4th December 2011, 06:07 PM
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! That was fantastic - thanx for posting the vid

Glad you liked it mate - see, you guys would have made it around no drama!

Check out some of the vids in the Club Events and Trips and Treks sections for Qld to see some of the places we head to (Beerburrum State Forest, Scenic Rim, Landcruiser Mountain Park etc). Great place to live if you're into the outdoors and plenty of four wheel drive opportunity!!!

2TROLLFAM
4th December 2011, 06:12 PM
Ummm my ute MIGHT have made it but not with me driving!!! LOL (I need tracks for beginners & sooks)

The Patrol woulda shit it in I reckon ... I have no issue being a passenger

Bigrig
4th December 2011, 06:22 PM
Ummm my ute MIGHT have made it but not with me driving!!! LOL (I need tracks for beginners & sooks)

The Patrol woulda shit it in I reckon ... I have no issue being a passenger

Would have done it easy mate - most tracks were straight forward, those on the video we went lookin for and parked the trucks that didn't want to have a lash - nothing 'sooky' about parking and watching mate, good environment to learn in!! We are a no pressure bunch also, so if people don't wish to do something, they're not egged on to do it, not criticised/bagged if they don't!!

Come out next time with both trucks - you'll have a ball.

Dhuck
4th December 2011, 07:17 PM
Nice job peeps. Next time I will be there with pigtrol.

Woof
4th December 2011, 08:19 PM

Mate, rule number 107
Always ensure that you are wearing Double Pluggers when out 4WDing to avoid blowouts...hahaha

Woof
4th December 2011, 08:43 PM
Hate you lot...LOL, I would give anything to get up there for play with you all.
Brilliant video, thanks heaps for sharing with us all.

Bigrig
4th December 2011, 08:48 PM
Hate you lot...LOL, I would give anything to get up there for play with you all.

You'd love it, we'd love it ... everyone would be a winner!!!

04OFF
4th December 2011, 09:17 PM
Great vid Scotty, well apart from that clown driving into the mud wall ! (ha-ha)

Managed to get some pic's of my camera after all.......

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/IMG_5273aLarge.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/IMG_5264aLarge.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/IMG_5293Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/IMG_5328Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/IMG_5376Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/IMG_5389Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/IMG_5540Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/IMG_5391aLarge.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/IMG_5525Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/IMG_5320aLarge.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/IMG_5588Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/IMG_5561Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/IMG_5547Large.jpg

04OFF
4th December 2011, 09:18 PM
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/IMG_5633Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/IMG_5637aLarge.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/IMG_9090Large.jpg

growler2058
4th December 2011, 09:25 PM
Nuthin like a good healthy mud bath ay!

Bigrig
4th December 2011, 09:32 PM
Awesome photos Steve - thankfully you were able to get them off the camera!!

hekarewe
4th December 2011, 10:50 PM
good photos steve glad you got them out off your camera how is the cam by the by still working???/

bigus rugus great vidio bloke and thanks mate just worked out from the footage one of my many brake lights is not working lol

04OFF
4th December 2011, 11:21 PM
good photos steve glad you got them out off your camera how is the cam by the by still working???/

No, tis not appy !, will have to go to the doctors im afraid :frown:

Silver
5th December 2011, 12:07 AM
Thanks for the great photos Steve, sorry to hear about your camera :-(

Silver
5th December 2011, 12:20 AM
obviously takes a fair sort of a bash to set off airbags!!

Thanks for the vid, and to all who had a go. How about those Navarras!!

Ben-e-boy
5th December 2011, 09:03 PM
. How about those Navarras!!

long story short.............................. theyt were scared

hekarewe
5th December 2011, 09:35 PM
No, tis not appy !, will have to go to the doctors im afraid :frown:

thats not a good thing!!!! hope its not to nasty or exie for you any ideas on what it might be??

hekarewe
5th December 2011, 09:36 PM
long story short.............................. theyt were scared

ben e boy stop being nasty remember a navar is just a patrol that never grew up LOLOL

Finly Owner
5th December 2011, 09:53 PM
Some vcery tough track there. Definately not a learners day out!

Tim

scotty83
5th December 2011, 10:13 PM
Good to see you got the pics off.. sorry to hear about your camera though. hopefully you get a good doc to look at that.
Great pictures and video from all our expert photographers..

Bigrig
5th December 2011, 10:48 PM
Some vcery tough track there. Definately not a learners day out!

Tim

Funnily enough it was actually - most the rigs were parked whilst some had a lash at the more difficult parts, but even then, nothing done was extreme by any standard, and the remainder was pretty cruisy along some nice tight technical style tracks that gave everyone a chance to learn and flex their patrol muscles!!! lol

04OFF
6th December 2011, 11:16 AM
thats not a good thing!!!! hope its not to nasty or exie for you any ideas on what it might be??

Its a shutter problem Adrian, and thanks to xmas, i most likley wont see it again for well OVER 6 WEEKS !:(

That means i won't have it over any of my holidays, i almost feel tempted to sell my 30D and buy a new camera earlier than i was going to, then keep the 50D for back-up (when it comes back next year)

04OFF
7th December 2011, 09:45 PM

I spent the last 3 nights working on the car after the "latest" ^damage (fail), the gaurd was bent quite bad behind the flair, i think i should have been a panel beater sometimes (ha-ha) , anyway, quite a few hours working away, i managed to "beat" the gaurd back into shape (using a rubber mallet, so didnt damage paint)

Once i had the shape back, i got the paintless dent guy to take out the minor lumps and bumps id left (only cost $50) , i heated the flair up and bent it back to shape, fixed the crack in the back of the headlight, straghtened the indicator bracket and ta-daah !.......

(PH pic)

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/Gaurdrepair.jpg

New Bull bar should be here tomorrow i hope, so all back looking sweet for xmas :bananarock:

2TROLLFAM
7th December 2011, 09:52 PM

I spent the last 3 nights working on the car after the "latest" ^damage (fail), the gaurd was bent quite bad behind the flair, i think i should have been a panel beater sometimes (ha-ha) , anyway, quite a few hours working away, i managed to "beat" the gaurd back into shape (using a rubber mallet, so didnt damage paint)

Once i had the shape back, i got the paintless dent guy to take out the minor lumps and bumps id left (only cost $50) , i heated the flair up and bent it back to shape, fixed the crack in the back of the headlight, straghtened the indicator bracket and ta-daah !.......

(PH pic)

New Bull bar should be here tomorrow i hope, so all back looking sweet for xmas :bananarock:

OUCH .. lucky you're handy .. I'd be crying if I did that to Frank (yeah yeah woosy Navara he is)

Silver
7th December 2011, 09:59 PM
Nice work Steve! Did you have a go at the bar as well? (I read you have ordered a new one)

04OFF
7th December 2011, 10:51 PM
OUCH .. lucky you're handy .. I'd be crying if I did that to Frank (yeah yeah woosy Navara he is)

I stopped crying after about the 4th time i developed nasty panel damage (ha-ha), i always like to fix it tho, otherwise the car ends up looking like to much of a pig.

Nice work Steve! Did you have a go at the bar as well? (I read you have ordered a new one)

I recon if i "really" wanted to, i would try and fix the bar Rick (even tho the reo behind is also bent)

Although, i had my eye on a xrox bar (since a guy came into work with one on a patrol), but i just could't justify buying a new bar, when there was nothing wrong with the one i have ..........well guess what !

Silver
8th December 2011, 12:58 AM
well, Steve, I think you are making the right call - clearly the current bar isn't doing its job of protecting that lovely white gu snout :-)

frenzy
8th December 2011, 10:28 PM
top stuff guys. bugger we missed this one.

Bigrig
8th December 2011, 10:40 PM
top stuff guys. bugger we missed this one.

There'll be plenty more mate no doubt!!

Clunk
8th December 2011, 11:42 PM
more great pics & vids there guys, awesome looking day out by the looks of things........... very jealous

hekarewe
9th December 2011, 05:26 PM

(PH pic)

i hope the new bar is a solid steel jobbie????

Finly Owner
9th December 2011, 11:06 PM
Funnily enough it was actually - most the rigs were parked whilst some had a lash at the more difficult parts, but even then, nothing done was extreme by any standard, and the remainder was pretty cruisy along some nice tight technical style tracks that gave everyone a chance to learn and flex their patrol muscles!!! lol
OK then. Did look tough!

Tim

04OFF
10th December 2011, 07:54 PM
i hope the new bar is a solid steel jobbie????

I did go for steel, and Winch cabable this time.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/IMG_9098Large.jpg

Bigrig
10th December 2011, 07:59 PM
OK then. Did look tough!

Tim

Nah, not that difficult mate - the blokes who had a "lash" went looking for it ...

Bigrig
10th December 2011, 08:00 PM

How good does that look?!!!!!! Awesome boss!!!

growler2058
10th December 2011, 08:48 PM

Excellant thats the dux guts mate

2TROLLFAM
10th December 2011, 09:00 PM
Looking Good!!

Airstrike
10th December 2011, 09:03 PM
Nice. Where did you get the bar from?

Clunk
10th December 2011, 09:10 PM

nice one mate, definitely looks the goods

04OFF
10th December 2011, 09:55 PM
Nice. Where did you get the bar from?

Its a Xrox Bar i purchased from Opposite Lock, this is one they had on display in the shop, otherwise it was a 4 week + wait.

They're not to everyones taste, but look a bit more aggressive than the normal ARB/TJM style winch bars everyone else seem to have, so thought it would be a bit different.

Most important for me, they are also ADR 69 compliant (tested to work with Airbags) they also have points to mount twin recovery hooks, ive fitted twin 4500KG rated hooks. (to be used with a Equalizing strap)

All up with the 2 hooks cost me less than $1100 delivered, so really doubt i could get anyone to make a winch bar for less $$, especially when i need/want something tested to work with my Airbag, and needed it "on" my car before xmas.

Airstrike
10th December 2011, 10:14 PM
For sure, well mate looks great on a GU. No clearence issues now.

hekarewe
11th December 2011, 07:16 AM

wow now that looks trick!!!!! i have only one question for you,,, is it air bag compatable?? apart from that it looks great.

04OFF
11th December 2011, 11:27 AM
is it air bag compatable??

It certainly is Airbag compatible Adrian, tested and certified to meet ADR 69 compliance.

Finly Owner
11th December 2011, 11:57 PM
Nice bar def different and looks capable

Tim