PDA

View Full Version : SD33 fuel filter cap.

ipatrol26
29th November 2011, 10:20 AM
Hello everyone, I just would like to know if thereīs such a thing as a diesel return line from the diesel filter cap. the reason why I ask is because I see on the says "IN" which is the one that comes from the priming pump and another one that says "OUT" which of course goes in the injection pump long tube but there are two more that looks like either breeding or return lines and I am just wondering if one of does connect to the liquing tube on the injectors tubes and the other one to a ruturn line back to the diesel tank.

If I am correct please tell me which one connects where???

Thank you in advance.

the ferret
29th November 2011, 12:53 PM
It sounds like you are trying to use the GQ filter set up.
The MQ /MK sd33 only needs fuel from tank to primer to filter to injector pump.
The return line from injectors goes back to tank.
Cheers, the ferret.

ipatrol26
30th November 2011, 11:54 AM
YOUīre correct my friend, but I am only using the lines from the chassis. look at the picture bellow and Iīll try to explain:

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=10534

If you follow the green arrows you can see the flow of the diesel into to the primig pump, to the diesel in nipple (1) and out throught banjo bolt (2) to the diesel injection pump tube which from there it can explain it self but my question is: look at nipple (3) it has two other little hose nipple connections which I really donīt know how or where to connected it to ?? what I am wondering is if one of those nipples connects to the leaking thin tube coming from the injector line and the other one is a return line to the diesel tank, if so I can do that and connect the return nipple to the return line on the GQ chassis.

I donīt know if I explain my self ???????? but HELP PLEASE.

THANK YOU.

the ferret
30th November 2011, 12:16 PM
I donīt know if I explain my self ???????? but HELP PLEASE.

THANK YOU.

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt164/ferret/005-2.jpg

The one on the filter marked "IN" comes from the top of the lift pump.
The one marked "OUT" goes to the front of the injector pump.
The return line from the top of the injectors goes to the bottom of the other fitting with the little bent tube coming out of the top of it.
The little bent tube then takes the excess fuel back to the tank using the pipe that runs back to the tank.
Cheers, the ferret.

ipatrol26
30th November 2011, 12:26 PM
alright buddy thank you very much, thatīs what I though. So I can use both of the chassis fuel lines in the GQ chassis right ????

the ferret
30th November 2011, 12:40 PM
alright buddy thank you very much, thatīs what I though. So I can use both of the chassis fuel lines in the GQ chassis right ????

Yes you can, you may need some extra fittings.
Cheers, the ferret.

ipatrol26
30th November 2011, 12:52 PM
Thanks buddy, I appreciate your help very much.