PDA

View Full Version : Barn door hinges

Nach323
29th November 2011, 04:57 AM
Hello all,

While opening the big door at the rear yesterday i heard a noise that makes you go "oh oh, that didn't sound good at all" ( Well I didn't say oh oh but just in case there are children reading)

So what happened was the pin for the lower hinge on the big door ( the one that holds the spare) is broken. Has anybody dealt with this is in the past? Do I need to buy an OEM pin or can I just go to a hardware store and buy a steel rod there and fabricate a pin?

I have a 1990 safari grand road.

Bigrig
29th November 2011, 06:58 AM
I'd reckon with high tensile steel you'd be right in getting something that would fit, but depending on where you're located, you can pick up second hand hinges fairly cheap, so not sure I wouldn't just be getting a replacement (wreckers, Patrolapart in Melbourne, Nizzbits in Melbourne).

Silver
29th November 2011, 11:33 AM
does ferret do something with door hinges?

Nach323
29th November 2011, 02:09 PM
there aren't many patrols out here so it's hard to find used parts, wreckers won't have any, unless the hinges from the pathfinder works just the same.

canuck
29th November 2011, 05:20 PM
Pathfinders don't have barn doors. If Jesse parts out his newly purchased Safari you will have hinges. I suggest you measure the diameter and length and get one from a bolt supply shop. It will likely be a hard/spring steel. Soft steel from the hardware or Princess Auto will soon be garbage with the weight from that door and tire. Fullermetric in Surrey should be able to get you what you need. http://www.fullermetric.com/

Vancouver (7:30am-4:30pm PST)
9652 - 188th Street
Surrey BC
V4N 3M2 Canada

Tel: (604)882-9202
Toll Free Tel: 1-800-665-4825
Fax: (604)882-9212
E-mail: su@fullermetric.com