PDA

View Full Version : SE QLD Trip - Landcruiser Mountain Park (January 26th-29th 2012)

Bigrig
28th November 2011, 03:01 PM
Howdy

some way off, but figured I'd get in early around people's holidays etc. We're thinking of heading up to LCMP for the Australia Day weekend and would need to book pretty early to make sure of getting decent camp sites.

Poll is up, so post away if interested. Figure this allows people to do a whole trip, any part of the trip, or even a day trip ... as always, would be great to have as many as possible out there. Will be hot, so creek swimming will be a must for the kiddies!!!

Cheers
Scotty

04OFF
28th November 2011, 03:38 PM
I should have my Lokka installed by about then, so i just can't see how i will ever be able to say no !

Ill check the dates when i get home

Sir Roofy
28th November 2011, 03:38 PM
howdy

some way off, but figured i'd get in early around people's holidays etc. We're thinking of heading up to lcmp for the australia day weekend and would need to book pretty early to make sure of getting decent camp sites.

Poll is up, so post away if interested. Figure this allows people to do a whole trip, any part of the trip, or even a day trip ... As always, would be great to have as many as possible out there. Will be hot, so creek swimming will be a must for the kiddies!!!

Cheers
scotty

hey scotty ive got you booked for next november seems like thats the only time between now and then to finish
our trip that we started a while ago??

Bigrig
28th November 2011, 03:54 PM
hey scotty ive got you booked for next november seems like thats the only time between now and then to finish
our trip that we started a while ago??

Haha ... I know mate ... so much to do, so little time to do it ...

I want to get down there, but appreciating what's been going on of late, Christmas coming up, etc, the weekenders are more suited at the moment ... but it will happen!!!

Warnie
28th November 2011, 03:54 PM
Im out for this one, I will be in Fort Work, Texas USA then. :( I really wanna go to LCMP

Ben-e-boy
28th November 2011, 06:49 PM
too good to miss out on I'm in!!!!

growler2058
28th November 2011, 06:50 PM
Jeez maybe i better relocate hahahahhahaha sounds fuuuunnnnnn

Bigrig
28th November 2011, 07:10 PM

Time to book a short holiday maybe mate??!! lol

Bigrig
28th November 2011, 07:11 PM
too good to miss out on I'm in!!!!

Good lad!!! Can't wait!!

Ben-e-boy
28th November 2011, 07:28 PM

Time to book a short holiday maybe mate??!! lol

x2 ........

growler2058
28th November 2011, 08:55 PM
I agree but the financial controller is already tightening my belt for jun annual leave.......but i might gently mention it hahahahahhaha:-) might get a slapping but ahahhahhha

2TROLLFAM
28th November 2011, 09:35 PM
I tried my luck with Brad but apparently Xmas is too close to be spending the $$$ but I'll keep working on him ...

hekarewe
28th November 2011, 10:10 PM
wont know if i can make it until it gets closer so will watch the thread and decide closer to the date.

Dhuck
28th November 2011, 11:31 PM
Probably only an overnighter for us.

macca86
29th November 2011, 01:49 AM
how far from rocky? Haha Brisbane crew are great arranging so many trips. I'll see how work is up here but prob no. Road trip to yeppoon to get beach camping at 5 rocks if anyone's up here let me know.

Bigrig
29th November 2011, 07:11 AM
how far from rocky? Haha Brisbane crew are great arranging so many trips. I'll see how work is up here but prob no. Road trip to yeppoon to get beach camping at 5 rocks if anyone's up here let me know.

LCMP would take about 6 hours normally, but with the roadworks you mentioned on the other thread, not so sure mate.

macca86
30th November 2011, 04:40 AM
I'll go down for a maybe. Bit early for booking time off in new job but if we get the weekend off I'll drive down

ozzyboy
30th November 2011, 05:53 AM
myself, the boss and kids are in :)
Will work out for how many nights closer to the date tho

ozzy

Bigrig
30th November 2011, 08:18 AM
I'll go down for a maybe. Bit early for booking time off in new job but if we get the weekend off I'll drive down

Great to hear mate - hope you can!!

Bigrig
30th November 2011, 08:18 AM

ozzy

Top stuff mate!!!

Bigrig
30th November 2011, 04:14 PM
Bump for some of the new members ...

nickpeacock36
30th November 2011, 06:29 PM
Count us in for this one Bigus Rigus.

Bigrig
30th November 2011, 07:34 PM
Count us in for this one Bigus Rigus.

Outstanding sir!!!!

TORQ4x4
1st December 2011, 03:02 PM
Looks like we'll be in on this trip (Murray, Dave, and the girls). Might even try and bring the old man with his super duper GU we just fitted out.

Bigrig
1st December 2011, 04:05 PM
Looks like we'll be in on this trip (Murray, Dave, and the girls). Might even try and bring the old man with his super duper GU we just fitted out.

There's no F in awesome, but that's FinAwesome mate!! lol

benno
3rd December 2011, 10:16 PM
Howdy Scotty,

Think I might try to join this one, I'll see how it goes a bit closer to the time.

Cheers Tony.

Bigrig
3rd December 2011, 11:07 PM
Howdy Scotty,

Think I might try to join this one, I'll see how it goes a bit closer to the time.

Cheers Tony.

Top stuff mate!! Hope you can make it!!

Silver
3rd December 2011, 11:57 PM
May be starters Scotty, but suspect not, as we still get excited here about preparations for the beginning of the school year.

If we go I might hire a cool room, and sleep in it so as to ensure that the drop bears don't piddle on the refreshments :-). That creek would be mighty inviting at that time of year I reckon :-)

Bigrig
4th December 2011, 06:02 PM
BUMP - for new members around South East QLD.

ozzyboy
5th December 2011, 02:17 AM

ozzy

went lcmp this weekend.
with luck, the damage isn't as bad as expected so should still be good for this :)

Bigrig
5th December 2011, 09:45 AM
went lcmp this weekend.
with luck, the damage isn't as bad as expected so should still be good for this :)

Top stuff - what damage? Photos?? lol

ozzyboy
5th December 2011, 10:45 AM
Hmm k. Well as soon as a arrived, developed a rather nasty knocking under driver side feet through floor. As soon as I even think of pressing clutch pedal, it starts a whining sound, need a full round of brake pads and when I pulled into driveway when got home, a heap of coolant dropped onto driveway.

However

I did come away better than the mates hilux.
Will post a report as soon as photos are uploaded unless swampy beats me to it.
Can't wait to go back :)

Bigrig
5th December 2011, 11:12 AM
Coolant from the radiator I hope (not the head/engine). Is the knocking under the floor pan a shot bush on the back end of the radius arm? The whine in the gear box I can't help with I'm afraid - transmission fluid? Clutch itself? Only when depressing the clutch and not whilst in gear?

ozzyboy
5th December 2011, 11:22 AM
Yeah only when pressing clutch in. Coolant from overflow bottle I think. Month old suspension so I not thinkin bushes but might have a Bo peep at em anyhow. Thnx
Ozz

Bigrig
5th December 2011, 11:27 AM
Yeah only when pressing clutch in. Coolant from overflow bottle I think. Month old suspension so I not thinkin bushes but might have a Bo peep at em anyhow. Thnx
Ozz

Flywheel on the clutch? Do they still have flywheels?? lmao. There be the extent of my knowledge!!!! lol

Silver
5th December 2011, 12:08 PM
clutch noise sounds like throw out bearing - the one at the end of the yoke that pushes on the clutch to disengage same. I know people who have ignored that for years and suffered no ill effects - but cannot say it always remains just a noise :-)

Bigrig
23rd December 2011, 08:16 AM
BUMP - for new members (an old if you've missed it).

Bigrig
31st December 2011, 09:42 AM
Bumpety bump bump ..

For anyone who missed it/new members.

MudDonk
1st January 2012, 04:39 PM
hey guys ill be there with bells on...gq just bought will be lifted by then with symex tyres on it :D

Dhuck
1st January 2012, 05:14 PM
Cool. Every body welcome. Obviously not to far from me and a few others.

MudDonk
1st January 2012, 05:20 PM
cheers dhuck yep we close...ozzy and swampy good mates of mine they just round the corner to :)...hopefully this time i dont get a water splash down my snorkel and cook another deisel motor lol

04OFF
5th January 2012, 12:06 AM
Have you booked a site or anything yet Scotty ?

I have at least one other car coming with me even if it is a toymota, it does have twin air lockers ,so we shouldn't have to recover him too much :bowdown:

Bigrig
5th January 2012, 09:41 AM
Haven't booked yet mate - will do this week though - we'll go for Trakka Terrace again ....

04OFF
5th January 2012, 04:42 PM
Sounds good to me , perhaps ask them to pre-check the levels in the "thunder cabins" this time :)

Is someone bringing a chainsaw along ?

Dhuck
5th January 2012, 06:36 PM
Sounds good to me , perhaps ask them to pre-check the levels in the "thunder cabins" this time :)

Is someone bringing a chainsaw along ?

I won't be there till Saturday but we can organize something

nickpeacock36
5th January 2012, 08:18 PM
I can bring mine along as well. I will hopefully be there for the whole trip.

Bigrig
6th January 2012, 11:53 AM
I can bring mine along as well. I will hopefully be there for the whole trip.

Be great if you can mate!!

Bigrig
8th January 2012, 12:31 PM
Bumpety bump bump ...

A quick bump for reminder and for new members ...

patch697
8th January 2012, 12:35 PM
Bumpety bump bump ...

A quick bump for reminder and for new members ...

I've posted it up on our FB page too Bigus so you may well get a few extras.

Maxhead
8th January 2012, 12:59 PM

few extras = just a couple of thousand...LOLOLOL

Hope its a good turn out boys

Bigrig
8th January 2012, 02:30 PM

Outstanding!!! Thanks fella ...

Bigrig
8th January 2012, 03:39 PM
Anyone by any remote chance from down south able to come up for this one or the trip in early March? Was a superb time in Victoria last week with the lads from down that way, so would be dead set grand to have someone come up - happy to accommodate to assist the process!!

MudDonk
8th January 2012, 08:08 PM
got spare beds at my joint too if anyone needs em

04OFF
10th January 2012, 10:45 PM
Not to long to wait now :thumbup:

When are you guys going up Scotty, we (2 cars) were thinking to arrive up there around 10.30am on thursday morning ?

Bigrig
10th January 2012, 11:06 PM
Not to long to wait now :thumbup:

When are you guys going up Scotty, we (2 cars) were thinking to arrive up there around 10.30am on thursday morning ?

We should be pretty early also mate - late morning (ish)

Mazodude
11th January 2012, 08:23 AM
Hey guys when you go check out new hilux hill.
I was just at LCMP on new years.
anyway new hilux hill has rock ledges 70cm high.
it was awesome.

sorry I can't make this trip.

Bigrig
11th January 2012, 09:16 AM
Hey guys when you go check out new hilux hill.
I was just at LCMP on new years.
anyway new hilux hill has rock ledges 70cm high.
it was awesome.

sorry I can't make this trip.

I reckon we'll be sure to check it out!! Thanks mate and shame you can't make it.

04OFF
12th January 2012, 02:09 AM
Dhuck and myself both drove up old hilux hill last time, new hilux hill looked not possible :(

Mazodude
12th January 2012, 06:53 PM
new hilux is possible just stay right at first fork then head left. (there is a small chicken track on the left to get around some of the ledges.)
near the top of the hill you will have to hug the bank next to a dead tree.

Bigrig
12th January 2012, 07:53 PM
new hilux is possible just stay right at first fork then head left. (there is a small chicken track on the left to get around some of the ledges.)
near the top of the hill you will have to hug the bank next to a dead tree.

Yep - it will be done!!! lol

I guarantee it!!
Thanks mate

Mazodude
12th January 2012, 08:07 PM
And of cause take heaps of pics :)

benno
13th January 2012, 10:10 PM
Howdy , I should be there early, have to back in Toowoomba Saturday arvo, looking forward to it, cheers Tony.

Bigrig
13th January 2012, 10:25 PM
Howdy , I should be there early, have to back in Toowoomba Saturday arvo, looking forward to it, cheers Tony.

Top stuff mate!! See you there!!

ozzyboy
21st January 2012, 12:24 PM
http://www.weatherzone.com.au/qld/wide-bay-and-burnett/jimna

looks like it might be a wet one

ozz

Mazodude
21st January 2012, 02:12 PM

ozz

more mud to play with then :D

Bigrig
21st January 2012, 07:12 PM
Won't worry us none mate ... it's warm enough that it'll probably be welcome.

Steve cooper
21st January 2012, 11:30 PM
Hi Bigrig,
I am trying to line up a mate for your cruiser park trip, we have a traditional trip to DI on the thrusday for AUS day and the triple j hottest 100, but i have friday off, he has friday off and he has a few new mods fitted to try out and is keen as mustard to head out there. are u still camping at trakkka terrace?

YNOT
22nd January 2012, 08:19 AM

ozz

more mud to play with then :D

Won't worry us none mate ... it's warm enough that it'll probably be welcome.

If the weather forecasts I'm seeing turn out to be correct an outboard motor is going to be more useful than a set of muddies next weekend.

Tony

benno
23rd January 2012, 08:19 PM
Looks like I will have to work Friday, so probably won't make it, talk soon,

Cheers Tony.

Bigrig
23rd January 2012, 10:33 PM
Hi Bigrig,
I am trying to line up a mate for your cruiser park trip, we have a traditional trip to DI on the thrusday for AUS day and the triple j hottest 100, but i have friday off, he has friday off and he has a few new mods fitted to try out and is keen as mustard to head out there. are u still camping at trakkka terrace?

Sure am mate - UHF 17 either way when you get there and you should pick us up.

Bigrig
24th January 2012, 09:16 AM
Well, hate to say it - but thinking this will be out if we don't get a sniff of sunshine ... Tony was on the money, as an outboard will be needed to get around camp!

Still hopeful, but reality starting to encroach on my wants!!

Dhuck
24th January 2012, 09:49 AM
We have done it harder mate. I remember setting up in the teaming down rain.

Bigrig
24th January 2012, 11:56 AM
Well, I'm definitely not going as the truck won't be done till next Wednesday!!! Aaaaaaarrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhh ...

Consider me fully vented .... lol

growler2058
24th January 2012, 12:10 PM
Well, I'm definitely not going as the truck won't be done till next Wednesday!!! Aaaaaaarrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhh ...

Consider me fully vented .... lol

Is that because of you helpin? hhahahahhahahahahahahahha AHHHHHHHH HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sir Roofy
24th January 2012, 12:10 PM
well, i'm definitely not going as the truck won't be done till next wednesday!!! Aaaaaaarrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhh ...

Consider me fully vented .... Lol

mate if it fines up enough you can jump in and ride
shot gun for dhuck

Bigrig
24th January 2012, 12:46 PM
Is that because of you helpin? hhahahahhahahahahahahahha AHHHHHHHH HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

don't think so ... although he does charge me double rate the second I lay my hands on it!!!! lmao

ozzyboy
24th January 2012, 01:41 PM
90% chance i will be giving this a miss also. Weather looks terrible for the 4 days :(

ozz

Dhuck
24th January 2012, 01:47 PM
To bloody wet. Re-organize for down the track

Silver
24th January 2012, 04:04 PM
I can't go because of other committments, however I did take a peek at BOM - the current rain cell, that is the one going South right now, is to the East of Kilcoy, pretty much.

Might be worth those who are extra keen, giving LCMP a ring to see just how much rain they are getting out there

04OFF
26th January 2012, 10:16 AM
Sooo, is anyone still going to this now ?

Bigrig
26th January 2012, 10:44 AM
Sooo, is anyone still going to this now ?

Not sure mate - have you got a new truck to go in already??? lol

growler2058
26th January 2012, 11:11 AM
90% chance i will be giving this a miss also. Weather looks terrible for the 4 days :(

ozz

To bloody wet. Re-organize for down the track

SOFT, thought you blokes liked a bit of MUD!!!! :tease:

Dhuck
26th January 2012, 11:23 AM
SOFT, thought you blokes liked a bit of MUD!!!! :tease:

I would like to keep my truck a little longer. Rain at this park can mean rushing water above the bonnet. Besides I am not really that into mud.

04OFF
26th January 2012, 11:51 AM
Not sure mate - have you got a new truck to go in already??? lol

It all just "buffed out" ! , dab of whiteout on the roof, bit if cling wrap for a screen, change of undies, im good to go..............:tease:

Ha-ha, i wish, was offered a free seat in a cruiser that was planning to go up as well........ but as its too far to walk to LCMP, i wont be going (he-he)

growler2058
26th January 2012, 12:21 PM

ozz

I would like to keep my truck a little longer. Rain at this park can mean rushing water above the bonnet. Besides I am not really that into mud.

Wow a dhuck that dont like mud n water hahahahhahahahahahaha

Dhuck
26th January 2012, 02:35 PM
Wow a dhuck that dont like mud n water hahahahhahahahahahaha

Good on ya mate. Even dhuck don't like rapid flowing water

04OFF
26th January 2012, 02:44 PM
Good on ya mate. Even dhuck don't like rapid flowing water

Just you try and keep it away from any rapid flowing beer tho ! :hpfredgeorge1:

macca86
26th January 2012, 02:48 PM
All I'm hearing is excusses lads a bit weak that a little rain will ruin your parade haha rocky must be the only place where it isn't raining! top gear made a toyboata so imagine how good a troll would be.

Bigrig
26th January 2012, 02:51 PM
All I'm hearing is excusses lads a bit weak that a little rain will ruin your parade haha rocky must be the only place where it isn't raining! top gear made a toyboata so imagine how good a troll would be.

Hard to go champion without a truck!! lol

macca86
26th January 2012, 02:52 PM
that's my excuse too. rather cook a bbq than a motor today

Bigrig
26th January 2012, 02:55 PM
that's my excuse too. rather cook a bbq than a motor today

I'd have to get Tank to start to be able to cook the motor mate!!!! lmao

macca86
26th January 2012, 02:56 PM
poor tank hope it's ready for october! you never know with cars more fussy than a women

Bigrig
26th January 2012, 02:58 PM
poor tank hope it's ready for october! you never know with cars more fussy than a women

crikey I hope so too!!! March to do before that also!!!! ... lol

he's only days away from seeing the sunlight again mate ...