PDA

View Full Version : Wiring on board nav

datanisse
28th November 2011, 09:15 AM
Has anyone a wiring diagram regarding the on board gps for an Y61 -2007 ?
I´m thinking on relocating the dvd drive for the unit.

Bigrig
28th November 2011, 09:48 AM
Has anyone a wiring diagram regarding the on board gps for an Y61 -2007 ?
I´m thinking on relocating the dvd drive for the unit.

Hey mate - how about popping over to the introductions section and saying g'day and throwing a bit up about yourself and the rig. Something we ask for as a courtesy thing mate and lets forum members know who they're yapping with. You'll get better response to questions posted also.

No harm done at all, and welcome aboard!!!

datanisse
28th November 2011, 10:24 AM
Sorry for my bad manners. If I say I´m Norwegian, it will probably tell it all :-)
Will get my keyboard working right away.

Bigrig
28th November 2011, 10:26 AM
Sorry for my bad manners. If I say I´m Norwegian, it will probably tell it all :-)
Will get my keyboard working right away.

Hahaha - no dramas mate!!

the evil twin
28th November 2011, 03:05 PM
I don't know if you have the same GPS as us Aussies?

My '07 factory nav is VDO Dayton MS 5200 (SD Card not CD Rom like the later ones) however they are probably the same harness and the VDO website is a bit iffy for info but worth a try.

The BMW's have the 'VDO Dayton' in a few of their models and I actually found out more info on the various BMW forums around....
also worth a try anyway...

datanisse
28th November 2011, 09:02 PM
Thanks, not sure if it´s the same model.
Will have a go at the VDO site.

datanisse
30th November 2011, 08:23 AM
Looks like it is NOT a VDO device. And no good info at VDO. So still in the blank here.

datanisse
30th November 2011, 08:36 AM
I have a picture of the radio + nav + dvd

datanisse
30th November 2011, 08:38 AM
So, if anyone know what kind of brand it is inside....
The radio/cd, and dvd rom are each 1 DIN units.

Yendor
30th November 2011, 11:08 AM
Sorry I don't know the brand, but if you remove the unit there should be a sticker on it that will tell you who the manufacture is.

I would also get the serial number off the unit while it was out, you never know they might make an extension harness for it.

datanisse
30th November 2011, 12:18 PM
Then, it is the second question: How do I open the dash/console to get those things out ?

the evil twin
30th November 2011, 03:56 PM
Sorry, thats not one of ours... Might be the angle of teh piccy but that dash looks significantly different to mine and I also have never seen that particular GPS before either.

For the Aussie GU Patrols...

Check above the heater Controls for 2 small screws and remove.

The trim is then only held in by spring clips. I find it easiest to start at the two bottom corners with a bit of rag over the finger tips. Get your fingers in behind and lever out and up and it will come off. Others suggest try from the top. Either way takes a fair bit of effort.

Yours MAY be similar

datanisse
1st December 2011, 04:57 AM
Thanks, will try to have a look at it.

datanisse
2nd December 2011, 04:36 AM
Found a picture of the DVD-Rom at the net. But part number tells me nothing. Google takes me only to some Russian part catalogues.

datanisse
2nd December 2011, 04:37 AM
The CD/Radio - some could me it`s a Clarion.

datanisse
2nd December 2011, 04:37 AM
And for sure, Nissan do not build their own CD/Radio/NAV.