PDA

View Full Version : Maiden voyage

brooks
27th November 2011, 10:54 AM
My dad and I have not long finished rebuilding my motor and decided to take it out to test how it goes, we were plesently surprised! We went to pipidini and had a ball. We even came across a (we will say a slightly inexperienced 4wder) that had got himself into a bit of a pickkle, lord only knows how he ended up there but lets face it we have all ended up in those situations where we thought the same. All it took was a quick tug on the snatch strap and he was out and extremely gratefull, he even offerd me $20 but I declined and just said what goes around comes around. I supose that is how you gain the best experience. We did manage to get the lines wet but had no luck catching anything, which was a shame. We are also planning on drive from here to Melbourne over 10 days in Feb next year (which can't come along quick enough). We will definitely be going through Esperance and the bite but the rest will be played by ear so any sugestions will be thought of, also if anyone is in that area at the time drop us a line and we can try meet up. :wink:

brooks
27th November 2011, 11:06 AM
FYI: obviosly the white ute is the bloke who got stuck.
Pic (21) the person on the left is me and the person on the right is my Dad.

growler2058
27th November 2011, 11:11 AM
Yup wtf were they tryin to do hahahahaha well done on the recovery mate

nowoolies
27th November 2011, 11:13 AM
blocking the track that way
someone`s gotta stop and help hahahahahahahaah

Clunk
27th November 2011, 12:51 PM
doesn't seem to matter how many times I look at the photos with the ute, I still can't work out how he managed to get in that position, oh well, nice recovery Brooks and great pics mate

brooks
27th November 2011, 07:57 PM
I was there and still cant really figuer it out he say's he slid down the hill but as you can see there isnt really a hill to slide down!!

Clunk
27th November 2011, 08:01 PM
I was there and still cant really figuer it out he say's he slid down the hill but as you can see there isnt really a hill to slide down!!

hahahaha yeah righteo, was probably trying to do donuts more like and overcooked it and gone over the evidence with plenty of foot prints lol

Silver
27th November 2011, 08:02 PM
Great report, thanks Brooks. Satisfying to have a great trip on a motor you and your Dad rebuilt. Nice!

rottodiver
28th November 2011, 01:51 PM
Great pics... Nowollies will be soooo happy to see pics... Would have been interesting seeing them try to get out without your help!! Good on ya
Scotty

Sir Roofy
28th November 2011, 01:59 PM
Good on ya mate what goes around comes around