PDA

View Full Version : Newbie question

Killametre
26th November 2011, 11:39 PM
Hi all My name is Andrew and I have just purchased a '92 GQ wagon I would like to know how you tell what spec/mdl it is i see people refer to a series one or two and versions like TI RX etc but i cant find any of this info on mine. It is 9/92 TD42 with pwr windos/mirrors map lights and carpet/velour mix interior any ideas???
Thanks in advance Andrew

YNOT
26th November 2011, 11:54 PM
'92 is the start of series 2.
TD42 with electrics and velour is ST spec.

Tony

Killametre
27th November 2011, 12:11 AM
Thanks Tony they didnt seem to badge it anywhere so its a bit confusing for me, when engaged in discussion now at least I know what I have.

Clunk
27th November 2011, 12:13 AM

Tony

would someone be able to tell from the VIN plate Tony?

YNOT
27th November 2011, 12:16 AM
It's very confusing and Nissan were not consistant making it even worse.
Most but not all Ti's (the top spec) from 1992 on had factory rear locker, chrome mirror housings and rear bumpers, and leather interior. Very few Ti's had TD42.

Tony

YNOT
27th November 2011, 12:17 AM
would someone be able to tell from the VIN plate Tony?

Possibly if you put the VIN in Nissan FAST. Never used Nissan FAST myself so don't know what it can do, Twinotter can probably shed some light on this.

Tony

Clunk
27th November 2011, 12:22 AM
Possibly if you put the VIN in Nissan FAST. Never used Nissan FAST myself so don't know what it can do, Twinotter can probably shed some light on this.

Tony
ahhh thats the software, couldn't remember the name, cheers Tony

taslucas
27th November 2011, 03:12 PM
Yeah the nissan FAST system is the way to go. Todd can help with this.

Killametre
27th November 2011, 10:45 PM
It does not have chrome mirrors or rear locker etc , would be nice if they just put the details on the car somewhere!!

Thanks guys
Andrew

easydoesit
1st December 2011, 10:47 AM
Your lucky you don't own a ford maverick they are even worse to work out the models because of all the different options

lil man
8th January 2012, 06:32 PM
What are the different ford mav models? Or are there too many to remember? ha

Andy185
10th January 2012, 07:38 PM
i believe it would be an ST, However to truely be sure especially when it comes to looking for the odd part that may be required i would take the vin number into a nissan dealer ship (part dept) and ask them to look up the Vin number and that will definitly confirm the model etc that you have.

DX grunt
10th January 2012, 10:11 PM

Tony

And the DX model is the no frills option - no carpet, no electrics, no dash light dimmer switch
and definitely no velour. Just hose in, hose out. lol hahahaha

Just my 2c worth.

Dirtydog16
18th February 2012, 04:56 PM
This is where I got confused as well.

My step brother had vynyl floor and door cards aerial on the A pillar drivers side and was a 5 seater and his roof lining stoped at the roof height and he had painted pillars on the interior and no clock (i think) and was a DX.

My car has electric aerial, carpet floor and door cards, factory swaybar disconnect, 7 seats with sliding rear windows and my roof lining goes down to the dash and has covering on the B pillar and a clock and I always assumed mine was an ST but Nissan told me mine was a DX as well.

That's confusing to me. what would an ST come with that mine doesn't have?

It seemed like a lot of options to go with the carpeting and roof lining not to mention the aerial being on the passenger side guard then the swaybar disconnect.