PDA

View Full Version : ultralite egt gauge problems

WORTHOS6
25th November 2011, 10:25 PM
h iteam
just wondering if anybody runs these gauges

power hookup was fine until fitted probe now when i turn aircond on gauge goes crazy
any help would be appreciated

Ben-e-boy
25th November 2011, 11:22 PM
gday

I dont run this gauge so i cant give you any help on them. I run VDO.

Who wired it where was the power taken from?

Cheers
Benny

WORTHOS6
25th November 2011, 11:38 PM
hi beneboy nice rig mate
ran power from 12 volt in steering colum
grounded with the lights onto just inside rhs kick pannel
then went to a sheilded ground back to batt & still same same
it seems more the probe pick up as they are very sensitive
a mate suggested a suppressor???

Ben-e-boy
26th November 2011, 12:10 AM
by surpressor do you mean a "noise surpressor" if so the way to surpress electrical noise in an instrument is to terminate the screen at one end only. terminated at both ends it will keep noise in. you may need to disconnect the screen from the battery. There should be continuity between the probe casing and the screen. If so this will be your grounding end

WORTHOS6
26th November 2011, 12:18 AM
shit mate uv lost me

Yendor
26th November 2011, 06:25 PM
I don't think a suppressor on the power supply? will help, but no harm in trying.

The wiring for the probe, did you run it near any electrical motors? such as interior fan motor? or did you cable tie it to another wire harness?.

If so then try running the wire harness for the probe away from electrical motors and other wire harnesses as much as possible.

WORTHOS6
28th November 2011, 04:25 PM
Hi yendor
thanks mate, they say they (the probe wire) is very sensitive & i have it running through firewall with a heap of factory wiring where the bonnet pull cable goes through
i think i will redo

thanks again mate

Yendor
28th November 2011, 06:29 PM
The other thing you could try is running an extra earth to the engine.

From the negative of the battery to as close as possible to the probe, probably connect it on the head somewhere.