PDA

View Full Version : Consensus sought - caster correction bushes on 2'' (maybe 3 in future) GQ

GQ_safa_in_NZ
25th November 2011, 06:17 AM
From your experience, is caster correction required on such a setup?

Thanks.

growler2058
25th November 2011, 06:21 AM
I dont believe its required on a 2" lift,but would be doing either drop boxes or ext radius arms form a 3" lift

GQ_safa_in_NZ
25th November 2011, 06:27 AM
thanks again growler. of the 2 options you've mentioned, is either prefered (& if so for what reasons?)?

growler2058
25th November 2011, 07:06 AM
When you lift/raise your suspension you shorten your wheel base as you lift, your front and rear axles move towards the centre of the vehicle. I went extended radius arms cause i feel they would be stronger than dropped boxes or castor correction bushes and they came as part of a complete "package" i purchased. Plenty of others have successfully used bushes and boxes.

growler2058
25th November 2011, 07:11 AM
I also installed extended lower trailing arms to put the rear diff back into position as the item was much much stronger than the origional items, again others will not bother with this modification as the rear diff flexes back under compression and can hit the rear of the arch, which has happened to me and cvaused minor panel disruption :-) Agatha aint no glamour Queen though :-)