PDA

View Full Version : Consensus sought - to body lift or not to body lift a GQ?

GQ_safa_in_NZ
25th November 2011, 07:15 AM
Am currently running a set of older Kumho 33x12.50 tyres which have a tendency to rub at full compression on the left front guard and inner rear tubs, even with 2'' lift. Understanding is that an adjustable panhard rod for the front may better align the front axle (one is on order) and sort out the front, however was wondering what everyone's thoughts were on correcting the rear rubbing?

Spring spacers have been considered as well. Am currently looking at pros & cons of both options.

Thanks in advance.

growler2058
25th November 2011, 07:20 AM
Mate ive got a 4" lift and 33" mtz's and still get them rubbing big time on the rear only way to stop it i think is extended bump stops i dont wanna go a body lift and raise my centre of gravity

GQ_safa_in_NZ
25th November 2011, 07:25 AM
Thanks growlers.... yup, your photo hits the nail on the head!

Fair call... that is the biggest 'con' that comes to mind with the body lift... especially considering that swaybar removal could be on the cards too. Are you looking at extended bump stops?

growler2058
25th November 2011, 08:01 AM
Yep i rekon its the way, i had to belt the inner guard with a mash hammer last time i was out as it was that tight up there the wheel was having trouble turning :-). I think body lifts are ok and maybe with a 2" lift it would work well. My swaybars are long gone so its a little bit floaty anyway without lifting the body higher, no doubt others will have therre views