PDA

View Full Version : Rottodiver (Scotty's) GU 99

rottodiver
24th November 2011, 11:26 PM
Ok here goes, i am doing this litte write up from my donga at site i will have to take some detailed photos when i get back to Perth in a couple weeks!!

i have a 99 GU patrol, 4.5 petrol and automatic, i have had the exact model in a manual and the pro's and con's of auto to manual really do make it impossible to choose which one i prefer!!!

Under the bonnet i run a dual battery system with a redarc solenoid (which actually died on the weekend,or some time just before that so i replaced it with another one as it lasted at least 8 years and perfectly), i also have a safari snorkel which i think has saved my engine a few times!!!

I also have a a Helton heat exchanger(hot water system) plumbed in, i have mounted it in the bull bar on the front bottom lip with the outlets on the bull bar.

i run an esolar solar panels (mk260) which is 2 h60w panels....these run both my fridges and car stereo and still have enough to charge the battery..

also have a 1000w inverter (believe it or not it is so the girlfriend can use her hair straightner)
and to keep a close eye on the amps being charged/discharge/battery state i have a BM-1CG Battery Monitor which is absolutely brilliant

i have a Delux arb bullbar with 9.5xp warn winch, great winch when installed correctly and drain holes face down(sore point with ARB),also have a wireless remote for the winch

i have 7inch HID spotties,

also have ARB side rails and steps.

i have a 2 inch ome suspension lift and running 305 70r/16 coopers stt's

had the rear diff ratio changed to allow for these tyres

i have front and rear ARB airlockers and compressor with inflation kit mounted under my drivers seat

i have a long range fuel tank (main) 147 litre

On the roof i have a full lenth roof rack(cant remember the brand name) with a simpson 2 rooftop tent that is set up on the top rails of the roof rack creating a small storage gap between the tent and the mesh floor of the rack(the tent opens over the back). have a home made ladder system that makes life so much easier when getting on the roof!!

Then i have an arb rear bumper with spare wheel carrier and gerry can holder which also holds a green machine hi-lift jack and an msa back pack on the spare wheel(very very handy these are).

i have an arb awning on the passenger side!!

Then in the car i have a black widow draw system with a slide(which is now redundant) but now has an msa drop slide on the drawers to carry my 80 litre engel fridge/freezer. i also have a 37 waeco for drinks etc, but also have the heating option in it so we can keep food hot!!

i use a 100 litre flexi tank for water which lays across the floor between front and rear seats.

i have a and outback roof console witha basic uniden 40 channel cb

I have an alpine double din dvd player with a couple of amps,sub woofer etc(not really up to speed on stereo stuff but it has a great sound and great for the ipod or occassional movie on a road trip).

also have a 7inch off road gps navigation with oziexplorer map

also carry a immarsat isat phone pro (satellite phone)....just in case!!!

And to keep all this as safe as i can i have an alarm with break glass sensor and window lifts(winds all windows up when i set the alarm).

well off the top of my head this is all i can think at the moment and if there is more i have forgotton i will edit and i will take individual pics and post them all up when i get back to perth!!!

Scotty

Silver
24th November 2011, 11:29 PM
thanks for the detailed posts Scotty.

Sounds like a great set up.

Did you change the front diff ratios to match the rear, or are you running different si2ed tyres front and rear, or?

DX grunt
24th November 2011, 11:33 PM
Thanks heaps Scotty.

Your report was quite detailed. Now to disect it. lol

1,000w inverter. Saw a 600w one today at Auto One for $121. Is that big enough - I don't have much hair to straighten. lol

Got my solar panels sorted today and I'm so happy. Give us the run down on your roof slides/setup.

I've got them stuck together with angle iron and they are heavier than I thought. Not real keen on pulling them in/out all the time.

Thanks.

Take care up there.

Rossco

YNOT
24th November 2011, 11:36 PM

Did you change the front diff ratios to match the rear, or are you running different si2ed tyres front and rear, or?

You beat me to it Silver, I picked that as soon as I read it.

The rest of the car sounds great, can't wait to see photo's of it.

Tony

rottodiver
24th November 2011, 11:43 PM

no what happened was when i changed my patrols... from manual to auto one i swapped the lockers and the rear diffs were different sizes so to make it fit they had swap the entire rear diff over and change the ratio on the front to suit and in doing all this it has improved my pulling power from a stand still quite dramatically!!!

all a little technical for me to be honest but i was given a few options and this was considered to be the best one for performance of the tyres i was going to be running!!!! i will find out tomorrow what ratio was put in, i have it at home

rottodiver
24th November 2011, 11:49 PM
Thanks heaps Scotty.

Your report was quite detailed. Now to disect it. lol

1,000w inverter. Saw a 600w one today at Auto One for $121. Is that big enough - I don't have much hair to straighten. lol

Got my solar panels sorted today and I'm so happy. Give us the run down on your roof slides/setup.

I've got them stuck together with angle iron and they are heavier than I thought. Not real keen on pulling them in/out all the time.

Thanks.

Take care up there.

Rossco

yeah i reckon a 600 is fine... all i really use it for is for charging phones and batteries and Ruth uses it for her hair straightner!!! everynow and then i will plug laptop in or a drill if i working on the car and it saves me running a lead!!!

and roof slide????? i have a fridge slide.... no roof slide....... i like that idea though!!!

nowoolies
25th November 2011, 01:24 AM
PICCIES we luv PICCIES:useless:... ROFLMFAO HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

YNOT
25th November 2011, 06:47 AM
no what happened was when i changed my patrols... from manual to auto one i swapped the lockers and the rear diffs were different sizes so to make it fit they had swap the entire rear diff over and change the ratio on the front to suit and in doing all this it has improved my pulling power from a stand still quite dramatically!!!

all a little technical for me to be honest but i was given a few options and this was considered to be the best one for performance of the tyres i was going to be running!!!! i will find out tomorrow what ratio was put in, i have it at home

Now it makes sense, your previous GU being a 4.5 manual had a H260b rear diff.

Tony

Finly Owner
26th November 2011, 10:47 PM
PICCIES we luv PICCIES:useless:... ROFLMFAO HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH
I agree

Tim