PDA

View Full Version : mq patrol chassis number location

boggy2006
24th November 2011, 07:04 PM
hi,
I'm struggling to find the chassis number stamped on the chassis of my 81 MQ SWB. The service book says it's either on top of the drivers chassis leg, behind the front wheel, or on the inside of the chassis leg in front of the wheel. But there's nothing in either location. Has anyone got any ideas where else it could be?

Thanks

the ferret
24th November 2011, 07:15 PM
hi,
I'm struggling to find the chassis number stamped on the chassis of my 81 MQ SWB. The service book says it's either on top of the drivers chassis leg, behind the front wheel, or on the inside of the chassis leg in front of the wheel. But there's nothing in either location. Has anyone got any ideas where else it could be?

Thanks

Eazy peazy mate, here ya go.
Cheers, the ferret.

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt164/ferret/vin2.jpg

It's on the outside of the chassis, near the front wheel R/H side under about 6 coats of PAINT!!!
It's not a plate, the number is stamped into the chassis, and yes there are two possible locations, same side but one could be further back just as the chassis goes below the firewall.

boggy2006
25th November 2011, 10:46 AM
ah, it's on the outside of the leg, hence the dotted line in the diagram, I was looking on the inside. Yep, there's lots of paint in that area, will have a scrub tonight. cheers.

boggy2006
28th November 2011, 12:39 AM
ok, I managed to find it, thank you. It was on the outside of the leg, covered with lots of paint. Fortunately it also matches with the compliance plate VIN number!