PDA

View Full Version : Sandy Beach and Coronation Beach

rottodiver
21st November 2011, 10:57 PM
Hey guys,
i thought i would do a little trip report up of a few days away i did this weekend just gone, decided to miss the 4wd show and get out and about in the awesome weather, Ruth and I packed the car and left friday afternoon, we headed north up just past Jurien to a liitle place called Sandy beach, was expecting to see nop one around but the second we pulled into the camping area there were no shortage of neightbours which all turned out to be quite chatty and friendly, we set up and cooked up a good dinner and had a few cold ones... then off to bed.
Next day was nice early start in the cool air to a cooked breaky and nice hot coffee, went for a walk along the beach and up to the dunes, had a swim and then after lunch time to move further north!!
We then headed to Coronation beach just north of Geraldton (with a stop for a swim in the ocean along the way just after Leeman) to set up camp at what turns out to be a windsurfing and kite surfing beach, lots of wind!!
we set up camp had dinner a few drinks and just enjoyed being out there, off to bed!!!
another early morning, with absolutely no wind, weather was beautiful and so was was the swim...
the wind picked up about 2ish and then the windsurfers and kite surfers jumped into action, was great to watch,
went up to the lookout for an awesome susnset and then had quite a few beers and dinner.... then off to bed!!!
next day (Monday) , woke up to great weather again, had a swim, packed up camp and cruised back to Perth via Pinnacles in Cervanties!!!

I tried out a couple of new additions to the Patrol on this trip, the first being the Helton hot water system (shower).. was really impressed with it and found it gets really really hot so after running the car to temp i turned the engine off and the heat in the exchanger was enough to give a nice warm shower and definately hot enough to do the dishes with..

the second new addition was the 100l flexi tank for water, i laid it across the floor between the rear of the front seats and the back seat, this worked an absolute treat, so much spare water!!

anyway hope this gives a little insight to places to go from Perth!!
See you guys out there!!

Scotty

p.s tried to upload pics but it wont let me :( (some internal error)

nowoolies
21st November 2011, 11:00 PM
g`day Scotty

n/o1....wheres our invite ?????

n/o2 ...and where`s the piccies we luv piccies
hahahahahahaha

rottodiver
21st November 2011, 11:14 PM
it wont let me upload pics....... have quite a few :((

nowoolies
21st November 2011, 11:16 PM
it wont let me upload pics....... have quite a few :((

have you tried photo bucket mate
it works a treat
load to photo bucket then straight onto here
give me a pm if any hassels
Paul

p:s where`s our invite hahahahahahahahahaha

rottodiver
21st November 2011, 11:18 PM
invite next time for sure... i figured everyone would be tied up with 4wd show... will try photobucket now

nowoolies
21st November 2011, 11:23 PM
invite next time for sure... i figured everyone would be tied up with 4wd show... will try photobucket now

waitin waitin waitin .........................................

nowoolies
21st November 2011, 11:24 PM
still waiting ....................................no pressure honest lol

nowoolies
21st November 2011, 11:25 PM
still waitin even more......................no pressure though

piccies we luv piccies hahahahahahahahahahahah

Clunk
21st November 2011, 11:40 PM
sounds like a good trip Scotty................ and don't listen to Paul, he takes a good couple of months to load pics up on here hahahahahahahaha............ if ya need help mate just sing out.

rottodiver
22nd November 2011, 12:06 AM
wwwooohhoooo done it
not sure how the winch controller got in there but i am getting it lol

nowoolies
22nd November 2011, 12:08 AM
:QUOTE=clunk71;164661]sounds like a good trip Scotty................ and don't listen to Paul, he takes a good couple of months to load pics up on here hahahahahahahaha............ if ya need help mate just sing out.[/QUOTE]

humph !!!not any more i dont im sorta well versed in photo bucket now
notice a little hijacking here Clunk ?????? hahahahahahaha:hijacked::hijacked::smileyvault-cute-bi:eck05:

nowoolies
22nd November 2011, 12:45 AM
still waitin waitin waitin ........lol

Clunk
22nd November 2011, 12:54 AM
still waitin waitin waitin ........lol

put your eyes in Paul, they've been posted right at the start lmao