PDA

View Full Version : whats the best dual battry placement for gq

spkool
21st November 2011, 01:52 PM
i have a gq ute ( new to me ) where does everyone mount the second battery

MudRunnerTD
21st November 2011, 02:08 PM
depending on your motor normally over the left guard. If you have a big air box there may not be room.

In a ute i'd be going under the tray just behind the cab mate. plenty of room there.

Bigrig
21st November 2011, 02:09 PM
Do you have space (no lpg) in the back passenger side of the engine bay? That's where a lot go if there is no gas system installed or something else in that space - others have installed them in various places so no doubt they'll be along to offer advice/opinion.

jimmyjam
21st November 2011, 02:16 PM
I've got the 2.8 turbo with a snorkle, so the second battery is LHS at the back.

spkool
21st November 2011, 02:35 PM
it is a t42 diesel but it looks like there will be enough room passanger side fire wall if not i will put it under the tray

MudRunnerTD
21st November 2011, 03:01 PM
it is a t42 diesel but it looks like there will be enough room passanger side fire wall if not i will put it under the tray

If there is enough room at the fire wall that will be perfect, if this is the case then a 3rd Battery would go well under the tray mate ;)

ZTG
30th November 2011, 11:31 PM
there is a pretty good set of instructions including pics which shows where he fitted it in the DIY thread