PDA

View Full Version : South East Queensland Christmas Party - Thoughts??

Bigrig
20th November 2011, 02:17 PM
Howdy

Not sure if anyone's given much thought to it, but at the very least, would love to catch up with everyone for a Christmas drink to say thanks for a great year and offer well wishes.

Appreciating it's a busy time of year for us all and time is short, is anyone/everyone up for a more casual afternoon get together in the coming weeks?

If enough interest, I'll throw up a poll to record names and numbers of people etc.

Happy to have it here at my joint again, but more than happy to do it elsewhere if someone would like to offer the welcome mat to us all.

I for one am in - 2 adults, 4 kids.

NissanGQ4.2
20th November 2011, 02:24 PM
Think you should have it at my place Scotty, that way I can say at least there is a 50% chance I will attend

Bigrig
20th November 2011, 02:27 PM
Think you should have it at my place Scotty, that way I can say at least there is a 50% chance I will attend

Hahaha ... we'll leave it open for discussion!! lol

Dhuck
20th November 2011, 02:55 PM
yup I am in

NissanGQ4.2
20th November 2011, 03:35 PM
LOLOLOL!! You idiot Todd!

x2 on that one Plassy

NissanGQ4.2
20th November 2011, 03:36 PM
Hahaha ... we'll leave it open for discussion!! lol

Thank u Boss

04OFF
20th November 2011, 04:48 PM

Haha-ha Todd :clapping:

Great idea Scotty , don't think we have any big plans , other than going to straddie for chrismas day this year.

Think you can count us in :wink:

Nothing wrong with your place, but just wonder if we should/could, do a casual night at somewhere close, like Bribie or Scenic rim etc, so everyone can camp (in other words, not have to drive home afterward :trink13:)

Bigrig
20th November 2011, 08:58 PM
Haha-ha Todd :clapping:

Great idea Scotty , don't think we have any big plans , other than going to straddie for chrismas day this year.

Think you can count us in :wink:

Nothing wrong with your place, but just wonder if we should/could, do a casual night at somewhere close, like Bribie or Scenic rim etc, so everyone can camp (in other words, not have to drive home afterward :trink13:)

Great plan .. somewhere cheap, close, and just overnight (so as to not get in the way of other plans) would be awesome - no driving as such, just show up, setup, drink an eat up, and then off again the following day ...

Everyone's thoughts?? Even a place that does cabins (on the cheap) like this weekend (but closer) so people don't have to setup tents etc for just one night ....

Woof
20th November 2011, 09:40 PM
Bugger I can't make it, got something else on.....have a beer or 2 for me.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/11/3.gif

Bigrig
20th November 2011, 10:10 PM
Bugger I can't make it, got something else on.....have a beer or 2 for me.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/11/3.gif

But I haven't said the dates yet??!! lmao

But either way mate, I personally promise to have a beer for each non attending member!!!

04OFF
20th November 2011, 10:10 PM
After consulting the "boss" and looking at the calander, i looks like im already commited to something every weekend from now untill xmas, so it looks like, unless your comming over to straddie on chrismas day, we best have a drink this weekend at Lake Fire !

Bigrig
20th November 2011, 10:13 PM
After consulting the "boss" and looking at the calander, i looks like im already commited to something every weekend from now untill xmas, so it looks like, unless your comming over to straddie on chrismas day, we best have a drink this weekend at Lake Fire !

Ok .. wasn't going to, but seeing as its for a good cause!!! lmao

hekarewe
20th November 2011, 10:37 PM
when you all decide on a date and place let me know as i would luv to be there!!!! any excuse to drink and cuddle ducky ROFLMAO

Bigrig
20th November 2011, 10:50 PM
when you all decide on a date and place let me know as i would luv to be there!!!! any excuse to drink and cuddle ducky ROFLMAO

Ummm .. ok ... lmao

Now I know why Dhuck was quick to say he'd be there also!!! lmfao

Dhuck
20th November 2011, 11:32 PM
Bring on the wrestle Adrian

hekarewe
21st November 2011, 01:21 AM
:bananadancing::bananadancing::harhar::harhar:

LMAO

Bigrig
21st November 2011, 07:44 AM

Well, that should draw a crowd!! lmao

frenzy
21st November 2011, 09:44 AM
Sounds good guys. Happy with BBQ and a few sherbets.

nickpeacock36
23rd November 2011, 05:39 PM
Depends on date, but we are pretty busy up to crimbo.

Bigrig
23rd November 2011, 05:52 PM
How's Thursday evening December 15th for everyone?

Say a 5:00pm start (or whenever you get here) and a wrap up by ... whenever you need to go ..

Just some KFC or something as a treat for the kids, nibbles an drinks for the adults, very casual affair???

So far we have:

Scotty plus 5
Tim (Finly)
Steve (Frenzy) plus 3
Dave (Dhuck) plus 2
Ryan plus 2
Jason (Peacemaker) plus 1
Mal plus 1

And I possibly have another 7 coming (2 definite thus far) making 23 confirmed with a possible 9 (including Nick plus 3).

Be great to catchup!!

Dhuck
23rd November 2011, 06:11 PM
Sounds alright to me but will throw it by Bec

Silver
23rd November 2011, 07:16 PM
count we three in please Scotty. Bring cash for KFC and a plate? and of course any drinks?

Bigrig
23rd November 2011, 07:56 PM
count we three in please Scotty. Bring cash for KFC and a plate? and of course any drinks?

No money for KFC - call it a Chrissy present!! A plate from everyone would be good - just nibbles etc, so yep, that would be awesome!!

Scotty plus 5
Tim (Finly)
Steve (Frenzy) plus 3
Dave (Dhuck) plus 2
Ryan plus 2
Mal plus 1
Rick plus 2

26 and counting people's!! Should be nice and relaxing!!!

Ben-e-boy
23rd November 2011, 08:04 PM
If I am home I am keen

Bigrig
23rd November 2011, 08:16 PM
Scotty plus 5
Tim (Finly)
Steve (Frenzy) plus 3
Dave (Dhuck) plus 2
Ryan plus 2
Mal plus 1
Rick plus 2
Murray (Torq4x4) plus 1
Steve (neighbour) plus 1
Brian (mate) plus 1

30 - thinking I'll have to get the Santa suit out!!! lmao

Mal H
23rd November 2011, 08:40 PM
We're definates, might bring plate of jelly for the wrestle.

Bigrig
23rd November 2011, 08:59 PM
We're definates, might bring plate of jelly for the wrestle.

Can I still eat it once we're finished?? Yum!!!!

LMFAO!!!

Yendor
23rd November 2011, 11:00 PM
I would like to be there but at this stage I cannot commit.

I've got so much going on between now and xmas.

I'll see what's happening when it gets a bit closer.

frenzy
23rd November 2011, 11:56 PM
I would like to be there but at this stage I cannot commit.

I've got so much going on between now and xmas.

I'll see what's happening when it gets a bit closer.

That's code for "I'll wait and see if I get a better offer" :wink: LOL. Sorry, couldn't resist that one....

Yendor
24th November 2011, 12:07 AM
That's code for "I'll wait and see if I get a better offer" :wink: LOL. Sorry, couldn't resist that one....

Thanks for telling everyone Steve......lol

Bigrig
24th November 2011, 04:44 AM
That's code for "I'll wait and see if I get a better offer"....

Pffftt .... like that'll happen!!! Sounds like Rodney is attending then!!! lmao

Silver
12th December 2011, 01:58 PM
are you going to pm your address Scott, or?

2TROLLFAM
12th December 2011, 02:41 PM
Brad & I will be there (minus the kids)

Bigrig
12th December 2011, 05:40 PM
are you going to pm your address Scott, or?

Did you get my text mate? Or am I sending it to a complete stranger??? lmao

Silver
12th December 2011, 07:07 PM
Did you get my text mate? Or am I sending it to a complete stranger??? lmao

Who are you?

Yes, got it, thanks!!!! :-)

Swampy
12th December 2011, 11:33 PM
Myself, Ozzyboy and the Hilux guy(we need someone to bag out) will be there.

Random
13th December 2011, 07:06 PM
Hi, is it too late to ask if i can drop by? i understand you have things organised but if i promise not to eat the food and use only a small amount of your available home o2 supply i would love to be able to come and meet everyone.

Either way im not gonna chuck a spaz if your booked full let me know ^_^

Bigrig
13th December 2011, 07:08 PM
Hi, is it too late to ask if i can drop by? i understand you have things organised but if i promise not to eat the food and use only a small amount of your available home o2 supply i would love to be able to come and meet everyone.

Either way im not gonna chuck a spaz if your booked full let me know ^_^

Haha ... all good mate!!

PM me your mobile number and I'll SMS my address ... about to jump on a plane, so might not come through till later tonight.

benno
14th December 2011, 09:23 PM
Can't make it guys, too much drama to try and organize from Toowoomba, plus to much going on at the moment, hope you all have a great Xmas and New Year, and hope to catch up with a few of you on Australia Day weekend, have a good one,

Cheers Tony.

Bigrig
14th December 2011, 09:58 PM
Can't make it guys, too much drama to try and organize from Toowoomba, plus to much going on at the moment, hope you all have a great Xmas and New Year, and hope to catch up with a few of you on Australia Day weekend, have a good one,

Cheers Tony.

Understood mate - shame, and you have a good one also!!! All the very best for a safe and happy break!!

Silver
16th December 2011, 12:10 AM
Thanks to Scott and Sandra for hosting a great party, and to the forumites who turned up and made it fun!!

Bigrig
16th December 2011, 11:05 AM
Many thanks to those who came along last night! Appreciate others couldn't make it and only about half showed up, but still had just on 24 people and it was a bottler ..

That said, 30 heavy beers and a 2am finish is messing with my head this morning!! lmao

And thanks for the card on my windshield Mal. I already have one of those ... I just don't have an underbody guard!!!! lmfao!!!!

ozzyboy
16th December 2011, 11:12 AM
thanks for putting this on scotty and sandra.
Met some cool peeps and laughs a plenty.

cheers

ozz

Yendor
16th December 2011, 11:20 AM
Thanks Scotty and Sandra, it was a great night.

Finly Owner
16th December 2011, 11:09 PM
Sorry!!!!!! Geez!!1!! LOL.

Tim

NissanGQ4.2
16th December 2011, 11:12 PM
Many thanks to those who came along last night! Appreciate others couldn't make it and only about half showed up, but still had just on 24 people and it was a bottler ..

That said, 30 heavy beers and a 2am finish is messing with my head this morning!! lmao

And thanks for the card on my windshield Mal. I already have one of those ... I just don't have an underbody guard!!!! lmfao!!!!

I was there in spirit as always :):):)

Bigrig
17th December 2011, 09:14 AM
Did anyone actually take pictures the other night? My memory is somewhat hazy!!! lmao

Silver
17th December 2011, 10:24 AM
took a couple on the bluro-matic but don't think they were all that inspiring. Went for a look outside for photo ops of the assembled rigs but would have needed a tripod.