PDA

View Full Version : LED upgrades

White Elephant
18th November 2011, 11:56 PM
http://www.brightlightautoparts.com/files/4WD_ACTION_MAG_LED_UPGRADE_TUTORIAL.pdf

Just curious to see if anyone has gone down this road?

Silver
19th November 2011, 12:08 AM
only with the interior lights, and not as fancy as that. Still a big improvement

White Elephant
19th November 2011, 12:27 AM
only with the interior lights, and not as fancy as that. Still a big improvement

I wonder what sort of moolah you'd be looking at to go the whole hog.

Silver
19th November 2011, 12:32 AM
'the whole hog' can be a bit of an adventure in LEDs - fancy light bars for offroad work etc. Have you got a Jaycar near you ? Or look online for their catalogue. They have the more standard replacement globes etc. Dunno about compliance with Australian Design Rules, or whether anyone in officialdom really cares.

I have LED lights on the trailer for my tinny. Love 'em. Bright and tough (unlike me :-) )

There are more than one LED sellers who are members on here. Dark One is one, and I am pretty sure there are more. There are some great LED reversing lights - Tank has them - mounted on a bracket above the spare. Some people tuck reversing lights in either end of the back step as well. Mine is in the centre of the spare, but isn't LED, wish it was now.

White Elephant
19th November 2011, 01:27 AM
'the whole hog' can be a bit of an adventure in LEDs - fancy light bars for offroad work etc. Have you got a Jaycar near you ? Or look online for their catalogue. They have the more standard replacement globes etc. Dunno about compliance with Australian Design Rules, or whether anyone in officialdom really cares.

I have LED lights on the trailer for my tinny. Love 'em. Bright and tough (unlike me :-) )

There are more than one LED sellers who are members on here. Dark One is one, and I am pretty sure there are more. There are some great LED reversing lights - Tank has them - mounted on a bracket above the spare. Some people tuck reversing lights in either end of the back step as well. Mine is in the centre of the spare, but isn't LED, wish it was now.
Nice. My lights are all still standard, don't know if I'd get too loose with Leds all over the place, all of the standard light bar the headlights would look pretty cool though, and hopefully make the old bus a bit more visible at night and what not.

Oh, and yes, I have a Jaycar just down the road.

Clunk
19th November 2011, 02:10 AM
Nice. My lights are all still standard, don't know if I'd get too loose with Leds all over the place, all of the standard light bar the headlights would look pretty cool though, and hopefully make the old bus a bit more visible at night and what not.

Oh, and yes, I have a Jaycar just down the road.
might have to see what's being sold at the 4wd show this weekend!!!!!

jfarsang
1st December 2011, 03:42 PM
That's a great upgrade. I've done the side flashers but not the brake/interior. The red interior looks interesting. I'm going to try it out if that article really correct in saying that it's easier on the eyes having red lights inside than white.

MudRunnerTD
1st December 2011, 07:58 PM
Here is a really cheap upgrade for your interior lights in a GQ or GU

LED PANEL (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Light-Panel-24-SMD-LED-T10-38mm-Dome-Festoon-Bulb-Base-/290573186327?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43a782f517)

BennyRenny
23rd December 2011, 02:09 PM
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nissan-Patrol-GQ-Blue-LED-Dash-Light-Kit-/170748101037?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27c16141ad

here is a link to some led dash lights wich i put in they look good but seeing the needle is a lil bit hard as its orange and goes dark blue(hard to see againsh the black back ground)

Ben

BennyRenny
23rd December 2011, 02:14 PM
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ZPE-Blue-dash-LED-kit-Nissan-GQ-Patrol-/270878697964?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f11a0e9ec

here is another one

Mazodude
24th December 2011, 10:48 PM
anyone know the part numbers for the rear lights (GQ) ?

Redpaso
6th January 2012, 05:23 PM
I have been running 100/130 lights in my patrol for 7 years & in my previous maverick for 3 years before that with no wiring mods & no problems what-so-ever. Not saying there could not be problems but there have been none in my experience.

BearGUST
8th January 2012, 12:29 AM
100/130 watt Headlights?

lil man
8th January 2012, 06:00 PM
Was wondering the amp drawage of the led lights for the interia light??

Bigrig
8th January 2012, 06:05 PM
Was wondering the amp drawage of the led lights for the interia light??

About 0.4 amps each - very very low draw.

lil man
8th January 2012, 06:55 PM
Okies, so I'm guessing that my battery would last quite a while before it ran dry from leaving the light on. Cheers.