PDA

View Full Version : Scenic Rim - King of the Rim Comp - Sat 19th Nov

Bigrig
18th November 2011, 11:08 PM
Bit late notice, but Dhuck and I are heading out for a day trip to take in some serious 4wd action tomorrow and watch some of the comp. obviously everyone's welcome to tag along and we'll be out there by about 8:30am. Benny is already out there so will be catching up with him also.

Just food for thought if you're wondering what to do tomorrow!

Ciao for now!!

Finly Owner
18th November 2011, 11:25 PM
Make sure you visit a port a dunny form Beaudesert/Jimboomba/Lockyer Hire whilst there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy the action, especially the no rules race!!

Tim

Bigrig
18th November 2011, 11:26 PM
Make sure you visit a port a dunny form Beaudesert/Jimboomba/Lockyer Hire whilst there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tim

I'll be sure to unleash in one - see if you can pick which one when they come back on Monday!!! lmao

Finly Owner
18th November 2011, 11:42 PM
Do I have to? Oh, hang on it will be the recycled XXXX smell! LOL!!!!!

GUtsy ute
18th November 2011, 11:50 PM

Tim

I'm sure Scotty will lay a cable to commerate the occasion, Tim!!

ozzyboy
19th November 2011, 12:43 AM
myself and another gq mate will be heading there with the kids.

Where will you guys be hanging out so we can meet up and say gday?

Dhuck
19th November 2011, 08:05 AM
Will probably be wearing NisanPatrol.com.au shirts or even try Torq4x4 if they have something up. But if you just look for a pair of idiots one skinny one, one fat one lol. Or look out for Scotty's Tank

Bigrig
19th November 2011, 08:09 AM
myself and another gq mate will be heading there with the kids.

Where will you guys be hanging out so we can meet up and say gday?

As Dhuck said mate - we'll be the fat, bearded bloke and skinny midget in nissanpatrol.com.au shirts and look out for my truck ...

Be good to catch up and have a coldie!!

ozzyboy
19th November 2011, 09:05 AM
Having a coldie is what I do best. Will look out for the shirts :)

Finly Owner
19th November 2011, 10:42 PM
Where are the pics and vids along with reports? Where????

Why are we waiting?????????????????????????

Tim

ozzyboy
20th November 2011, 12:37 AM
great day

will post pics soon

ozzy

Dhuck
20th November 2011, 10:14 AM
Just a few from me.

GUtsy ute
20th November 2011, 10:20 AM
I see Scotty found that Porta-Loo OK in that third last pic, Tim!!

growler2058
20th November 2011, 10:23 AM
Just a few from me.

HAHAHAHHAHA foter 6 is a sh1t eatin grin if i efer seen one hahahahha

Dhuck
20th November 2011, 10:27 AM
Was a damn good day. We all laughed all day. The boys from Torq4x4 were sponsors and had a stand. Mal also had a Harris Hardcase stand. And afte last nights trip up the mountain to the night run I think we need to call him mad mal. lol

Bigrig
20th November 2011, 11:07 AM
What?? It was bloody good cake and Dave from Torq bought like 84 pieces so I was showing my gratitude!!!

Honest!!!! lmao

Bigrig
20th November 2011, 02:03 PM
A couple I got ...

Got some short vids also - I'll load them up later ...

growler2058
20th November 2011, 02:06 PM
What?? It was bloody good cake and Dave from Torq bought like 84 pieces so I was showing my gratitude!!!

Honest!!!! lmao

Oh so ya didn't have your cake and eat it ya had to pinch someone else's!! Hahahahahhaha.......nice

Bigrig
20th November 2011, 02:09 PM
Oh so ya didn't have your cake and eat it ya had to pinch someone else's!! Hahahahahhaha.......nice

I'm a fatty mate - of course I stole other people's cake!!!!!! lmfao!!!!!

TORQ4x4
20th November 2011, 07:26 PM
Hey Fella's,

As you can see it was a fantastic weekend. Great, but bloody hot weather and some pretty outrages rigs and driving going on.

We had our stand set up next to Mal from Hardcase 4x4 with our tents sitting up behind them on a 'gentle' 30 degree angle. Sleep wasn't great.

Saturday was the main day where Bigrig and Dhuck turned up along with some other guys from the forum we hadn't yet met on the trips and a few potential new ones. For some reason people seemed to stay away from the stalls when Scotty stood inside the stalls and took it upon himself to start the promo talk for us. And even more so when he caked himself up!

Later on we watched the night runs by the buggys up Kells Creek. There were a few casualties with a busted prop shaft popping out on one of the climbs and plenty of roll-over action. Dhuck let the crowd know he was there with his entertaining shout-out commentary.

Attached are some piccies we took.

Silver
20th November 2011, 10:27 PM
not a lot of flat ground on that side of the creek, is there :-)

Ben-e-boy
21st November 2011, 10:35 PM
Hi guys

I know I said I wouldnt make it earlier in the thread but were are stiill waiting parts and work has been put back a week so I was able to go watch.

I ran into Mal I got myself a harris hardcase and I intent to give it a thorough workout!!

Here is a couple of pics and vids
Cheers
Benny

http://youtu.be/3I2frxJn878

http://youtu.be/32w4d5WVarc

http://youtu.be/lyw9GlfBSXo

I thought I would have a crack at this hill I think I managed to do that ok

http://youtu.be/A56ZagLaNYw

and as usual We had to go and flex it up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_c8bosfaAg

growler2058
21st November 2011, 10:37 PM
Cool vid mate shows the flex off reeeel n ice

Ben-e-boy
21st November 2011, 10:55 PM
Cool vid mate shows the flex off reeeel n ice

Cheers there are more vids in the post for some reason it is only displaying the link ????