PDA

View Full Version : GQ Tip Tray

Matt_94GQ
16th November 2011, 05:18 PM
Hi,

Has anyone designed or come across, a good hydraulic tip tray design to fit a GQ tray top?
I’m looking at fabricating a frame with hydraulics to fit my 94 GQ patrol steel dropsied tray.

Thanks

Bigrig
16th November 2011, 06:24 PM
Hi,

Has anyone designed or come across, a good hydraulic tip tray design to fit a GQ tray top?
I’m looking at fabricating a frame with hydraulics to fit my 94 GQ patrol steel dropsied tray.

Thanks

There's a thread on Patrol4x4 detailing some of what you might be after mate .. Don't go leaving us though!!!!! lol

patrol4x4.com/forum/nissan-patrol-gq-y60-ford-maverick-11/gq-tipper-tray-making-my-own-40547/

Hope it helps.

NOTE: DIRECT LINK HAS BEEN REMOVED DUE TO PATROL4X4's VIRUS PROBLEMS, ENTERING THE ABOVE LINK INTO YOUR BROWSER YOU DO AT YOUR OWN RISK

KIND REGARDS

FORUM MANAGEMENT

Ben-e-boy
16th November 2011, 06:39 PM
I think the design would have to work around the placement of the ram. if it was me ( bear in mind I am thinking about while typing) I would probably mount the ram to the crossmember closest to the gearbox facing to the back of the tray and the rear tray mounts changed for greasable pins.
As for the valve assembly I would be mounting that somewhere safe maybe around the rear spring/ shock crossmember area still reasonably close to the ram to save on hose lengths and I would prefer to run the pump from a pto attachment.

again I have only given this 2 minutes thought and I would like to know your ideas

Cheers
Benny

Ben-e-boy
16th November 2011, 06:48 PM
scrap that ram placement idea I wouldnt face it to the back of the tray I would mount it vertically in front of the tray headstock

Matt_94GQ
18th November 2011, 12:28 PM
I have found a GU that is for sale with a tip tray, it’s a nice design, will try and get Pics.
It’s using 2x hydraulic rams to tip the tray, a 2 way rocker switch in cab to control the rams.

Finly Owner
18th November 2011, 11:19 PM
"Tipper" is a member who hasn't been on for long time but he has one!

Tim