PDA

View Full Version : Wattagans photos, all makes!!!

macca
14th November 2011, 07:11 AM
We had a club trip to the Wattagans, near Newcastle. There is all sorts of Nissan's, Tojo's, a Jeep plus a 1942 Willys I didn't get a photo of.
If you are that much of a Nissan fan you will not like where that 200 can go and the Jeep for that matter.
If you get all exited about a modded GQ check out the "dual cab" it goes any where...seriously.
A fairly stock looking GU 3.0ltr auto went up and down the hardest track, the GQ & GU were the only 2 who had a go.

For those who want photo's this is one for you..............There is nearly 500 photos.

:useless:

www.photobucket.com/seckosphotos

I'm not so into tight, difficult tracks. My leaf rear and wide ass pod make it not so easy.
I still had a go but I parked it at the bad/good bits and grabbed a ride and took the pics.

Macca

Bigrig
14th November 2011, 07:59 AM
Scrolled through most mate (437 of them!!) - gargantuan effort on the camera!!! lol

Top pics and looked like gangs of fun!!

nowoolies
14th November 2011, 09:45 AM
thats what im talking about ....................PICCIES WE LUV PICCIES ............and heaps of em

well done mate top effort

macca
14th November 2011, 10:04 AM
Thanks guys, handy that photobucket has a direct link, would jam up the forum if I had downloaded them here.
Was real suprised at the sandstone tracks and the grip the rocks and boulders gave.
A lot of damage was done, 1 Nissan D40 CV, 1 Tojo brand new CV short axle (Chinese knockoff crap he was given, brand new), which then destroyed a FW Hub, steps, sills, rear corner panels and a kaymar bar, various oil leaks, diff bolts gone missing, dented rim and "adjusted wheel alignment", Nissan tail light, ... man this is sounding real bad. There was 14 vehicles - only a couple escaped completely uncsathed. The trip leader said the chance of some damage was 99%..... we were warned. And that was before it rained.
Great to get out and camp again, had 2 good nights by the fire and slept like a baby.
Macca

NissanGQ4.2
14th November 2011, 04:47 PM
Great pics Macca, Looks like it was a great weekend

Wattagans is a great area for a play, Only downside is dirtbikes :(

macca
14th November 2011, 05:24 PM
Only downside is dirtbikes

We were lucky mate, we heard them but they weren't on the same tracks as us

Glad you like the pics, couldn't do that without digital.

Macca

Maxhead
14th November 2011, 06:27 PM
Thanks guys, handy that photobucket has a direct link, would jam up the forum if I had downloaded them here.
Was real suprised at the sandstone tracks and the grip the rocks and boulders gave.
A lot of damage was done, 1 Nissan D40 CV, 1 Tojo brand new CV short axle (Chinese knockoff crap he was given, brand new), which then destroyed a FW Hub, steps, sills, rear corner panels and a kaymar bar, various oil leaks, diff bolts gone missing, dented rim and "adjusted wheel alignment", Nissan tail light, ... man this is sounding real bad. There was 14 vehicles - only a couple escaped completely uncsathed. The trip leader said the chance of some damage was 99%..... we were warned. And that was before it rained.
Great to get out and camp again, had 2 good nights by the fire and slept like a baby.
Macca

WOW, going with you blokes would send me broke...LOL I think I'll stick to tracks bit easier then those..haha
The pics look unreal, good stuff...cheers

macca
14th November 2011, 08:47 PM
NissPat this was one of those trips that had been posponed many times due to the weather, so when it was finally a goer half the club turned up.
We did a half day Friday as well so we were on site early Saturday morning, it was really looked forward to.
With all the warnings about damage I really tought only a handfull would show up.
Aside from the drive lines and sill repair the rest is fairly easy to repair.
Mine is in for an alignment in the morning.
Macca

rusty_nail
16th January 2012, 11:28 AM
been there mate, its a beaut spot! love the pics too top effort!!!

OGJON
25th September 2012, 02:36 PM
i know this is an old thread but that track is one of the easier tracks up here

threedogs
25th September 2012, 03:43 PM
Great pics Macca, hard to have a 4x4 that is cross billy goat come tourer. I like you I think have toned it down a touch.
Still going to the high country when tracks are open, Pic is a friends dualcab ute 454 efi, some may have seen it before

BrendanB
1st January 2013, 12:41 AM
Bumping an old post, but love the photos.

Worried at the cost of visiting the watagans, that about 10 mins from my house...

TJsGQ
22nd March 2013, 11:01 AM
Hey guys had an explore around there by myself last weekend n came across the cave conservation area..! Anyone explore down there n find caves..? And plannin on going back any tips of where to go to coming from the south..!

ozzymalone
22nd March 2013, 01:12 PM
Great fota's macca! Keep em' coming.....sounds and looks like a bit o' fun!

Team Evil
7th May 2013, 04:32 AM
Take the Wyong exit of the F3 head toward Jilliby and Watagan Forest Road.