PDA

View Full Version : Mobile phone - hands free kit

DX grunt
27th August 2010, 03:08 PM
Hey all.

I'm about to start my next mod - the mobile phone hands free kit.

Where's the best place to put the microphone - near the A Pillar (infront of the driver's door), or near the interior mirror?

What's the easiest way to remove the plastic near the pillar to get the wiring down?

I'll be putting the cradle next to the gear stick - where it used to be.

I will be reading the instructions and giving it a go - before I ask you for help. lolol

Finly Owner
27th August 2010, 09:22 PM
All the vehicle that I have driven producing the least handsfree problems have the mic either at the pillar, or between the pillar and hand rest on roof. Hope this helps with that part.

patch697
27th August 2010, 09:29 PM
I can help heaps with this Rossco so if you get stuck let me know & I'll PM you my number.

NickBGU4
2nd September 2010, 04:28 PM
I've installed a few of these kits in previous vehicles and i've always placed the microphone at the top of the A pillar. As for removing the plastic trim, all you need to do is remove the grab handle (2 screws located under tabs that you lift up with a small flat bladed screwdriver) then you can remove the trim. It is held on with 2 plastic clips (1 near the top and the other near the bottom). Hope this helps.

Nick

kablea
2nd September 2010, 09:46 PM
When i did my Hands Free kit (Bluetooth to Sterio) i put my mic ontop of the Sterring Collum, (my gas gauge is there so i atached it to that)
mainly cause i was too slack to put it up to the top of pillar, but it works great.

Aaron.

DX grunt
4th September 2010, 12:38 AM
Thanks Aaron & Nick.

I'll have a go at it this weekend. I've got most of the other stuff installed. I found a couple of wires I'm not familiar with, so I'll read up and ask for help if necessary.

HILLBILLY BOY
7th March 2011, 09:23 PM
I put my mic on top of the centre part of the dash that way when I'm on the phone the passenger can talk aswell, it works on the GQ dash as it fits right beside the hazzard switch.