PDA

View Full Version : TD4.2 Idler Pully Bearing Part #

canuck
11th November 2011, 06:32 PM
I was wondering if anyone had a non-Nissan part number for the idler pully bearing? They are making noise on both of our Y60s right now. It is a 3 week wait to get anything in from Nissan Canada. Was hoping that I could cross reference a part number at the local bearing shop or perhaps the bearing dimensions.

Cheers, John

twinotter600
12th November 2011, 10:32 AM
I had a quick look and got 11925-06J01

canuck
12th November 2011, 02:55 PM
Is that a Nissan number Paul?

patch697
12th November 2011, 02:58 PM
Is that a Nissan number Paul?

In Australia our bearing suppliers can cross reference different part numbers.

Have you tried crossing the Nissan P/N with a supplier yet?

canuck
12th November 2011, 03:03 PM
Not yet. I doubt if they will be able to find it cross reference the Nissan # here. Even Nissan can't pull up a part unless I give them a part number. Their parts FAST does not include vehicles sold outside of Canada. All the bearing places are closed for Remembrance Day. I'll be calling them on Monday. I have an NTN number from Outerlimts. It's NTN 6303 LLU/2AS. The 6303 comes up on their North American cat but that's it.

patch697
12th November 2011, 03:16 PM
Not yet. I doubt if they will be able to find it cross reference the Nissan # here. Even Nissan can't pull up a part unless I give them a part number. Their parts FAST does not include vehicles sold outside of Canada. All the bearing places are closed for Remembrance Day. I'll be calling them on Monday. I have an NTN number from Outerlimts. It's NTN 6303 LLU/2AS. The 6303 comes up on their North American cat but that's it.

Its Saturday here & all stores are closed so I can't call them either but if you have no luck your end im quite happy to call & see what info I can find out for you. Chances are if I can get a number for an after market bearing it will be an internationally recognized one that will be referenced your end.

canuck
12th November 2011, 03:34 PM
Thanks Paul. I'll let you know what i find out on Monday. I did come across a Taiwanese company which makes the whole pulley assembly using the Nissan Part number for the pulley. I see Nissan used the same pull on a number of models, as did Isuzu and the Ford Fiesta.

I'm heading into the interior tomorrow. It's cold and snowing there now.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/11/22.jpg
That tends to make bad bearings worse. The wife's rig will stay home because its idler pulley bearing is making the most noise.

canuck
15th November 2011, 03:21 PM
I got one changed today. The bearing in there is a NSK 6303DDUC3 AS2S (Japanese made). I needed two bearings (one for the wife's rig). So I also had to settle for a cheaper RBI 6303 2RSC3 (Chinese made) bearing. The NSK bearing is obviously packed full with grease. The RBI bearing has less grease and spins much easier on the finger. I put the RBI bearing in mine. Tomorrow I will put the NSK bearing in the wife's. I don't use AC very much. I back ordered two more NSK bearings, just to have on hand. These bearings are available in Canada but not all that common.

canuck
15th November 2011, 03:43 PM
I forgot to mention that the noise I heard was not the bearing, even though it was pretty much seized. The tensioner bolt was completely unthreaded and the belt was hanging lose and dragging on top of the lower rad shroud. When I put the tensioner back together, I put a lock washer on the tensioner bolt. Hopefully that will prevent vibrations from allowing it to work its way lose again. I was tempted to put loctite on the pulley bolt but decided against it. I wish Nissan would have given us 4" more room between the block and the rad.