PDA

View Full Version : Photography Trip, QLD (Condamine Gorge) Expressions of interest

04OFF
9th November 2011, 01:09 PM
EDIT: Date set: 26th-27th November 2011

Camping Sat overnight @ camp lake fire (http://www.camplakefire.com.au/)

Quite a few people ive come across on this forum, like myself, appear to have a bit of interest in Photography, but normally on group trips, its just not practical (or fair) to request the group pull over or stop to take photos of everything that may be of artistic interest.

I wondered who may be interested in a "Photography" orientated trip, not taking it all toooo serious, basicly everything we normally may do on a 4x4 trip as a group, but everyone acknowledge, that we may wish to make "many" stops along the way , and stop for no other reason, other than someone in the group spots something of potential photographic value.

The trip and Photography itself would be very casual, with only a set final camp location, and a general route planned, the Photography won't be a competiton, and everyone can have the oppertunity to share ideas, as well as learn and try out some tips/ideas from others, all with no set time limits for stops/locations along the way (shoot till your happy, take your time, have fun without feeling rushed).

I dont have any set date in mind yet (see whos interested first), but id like to suggest the Condamine Gorge trip from the "Dirty Weekends" Book would be a great trip/place to go, it is not too far (starts at Boonah) and just crosses over the NSW boarder, the road crosses the Condamine River 14 times, and may offer water falls and great views ? (although ive never been to see myself)

It would make sence to do a overnighter so we don't have to rush (camping is available), we can share pic's and we may be lucky enough to capture a nice sunset, then later we could play around with some long exposure night time photography with cars/sparklers/glow sticks/people etc etc.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/herrowLarge.jpg

So whos keen ?

Warnie
9th November 2011, 01:14 PM
I will have a chat to the missus regarding this one as she is the one who is getting interested in photography, I think she may be keen. Would have to be before Christmas for us to make it though. Ill see what she says as she is not so keen on the 4wding part lol. Her loss.

Bigrig
9th November 2011, 02:01 PM
We'd be up for it too mate.

Dhuck
9th November 2011, 02:18 PM
We be keen just for the drive

nickpeacock36
9th November 2011, 03:34 PM
Im interested. depending on dates.

Mazodude
9th November 2011, 05:33 PM
I was just up there on sunday. It was beautiful to lookout at the top. I'm sure there will be heaps of great photos :D

Bigrig
9th November 2011, 06:07 PM
Would this be an overnighter?? 346klms to condamine from my joint so a day trip would be tough ...

Dhuck
9th November 2011, 07:35 PM
Would this be an overnighter?? 346klms to condamine from my joint so a day trip would be tough ...

So who is a sooky lala then. I have done the trip several times in the past all in a day

Bigrig
9th November 2011, 07:46 PM
So who is a sooky lala then. I have done the trip several times in the past all in a day

Just puts a dampener on having a drink in such a beautiful location is all ... fair enough ... dry trip ...

Did I really just say that??!!!! lmao

YNOT
9th November 2011, 07:54 PM
Just puts a dampener on having a drink in such a beautiful location is all ... fair enough ... dry trip ...

Did I really just say that??!!!! lmao

"It would make sence to do a overnighter so we don't have to rush (camping is available), we can share pic's and we may be lucky enough to capture a nice sunset, then later we could play around with some long exposure night time photography with cars/sparklers/glow sticks/people etc etc."

340 odd km is easy to do in a day but I think Steve's idea is to do it as an overnighter so everyone has time to take in the sights and take as many photo's as they want. It's all about the photography moreso than the driving.

Tony

Dhuck
9th November 2011, 08:05 PM
You gonna come on a trip Tony?

GUtsy ute
9th November 2011, 08:05 PM
We would definately be keen Steve, what a great idea!

NissanGQ4.2
9th November 2011, 08:07 PM
Doesn't Steve say in his original post that it would make sense 2 do an overnight trip?????

So wish I could join you guys for this trip :(:(:(

YNOT
9th November 2011, 08:10 PM
You gonna come on a trip Tony?

No mate, got a lot to sort out before I'll be ready to go wheeling again.

Tony

Bigrig
9th November 2011, 09:59 PM
Doesn't Steve say in his original post that it would make sense 2 do an overnight trip?????(:(:(

yep - I missed it ... so to you and Tony, thanks ... I should learn to pay more attention! lol

NissanGQ4.2
9th November 2011, 10:04 PM
yep - I missed it ... so to you and Tony, thanks ... I should learn to pay more attention! lol

yes u should, you owe me a beer *LMAO*

04OFF
9th November 2011, 10:05 PM

Yes .......staying overnight was the plan big fella !

I will have a chat to the missus regarding this one as she is the one who is getting interested in photography, I think she may be keen. Ill see what she says as she is not so keen on the 4wding part lol. Her loss.

From all reports ive heard of the track/s, i doubt you will even need to engage 4wd at all, thats what makes this the perfect trip to have as a Photography one, were not missing out on any "hardcore" off roading, cos there isn't any, just nice scenery.

Would have to be before Christmas for us to make it though.

Before X-mas, my available weekend dates would be 26-27th Nov, or 17-18th Dec ?

No mate, got a lot to sort out before I'll be ready to go wheeling again.

Tony

You talkin about just the car Tony, or the other 50 things you got going on ?

YNOT
9th November 2011, 10:09 PM
From all reports ive heard of the track/s, i doubt you will even need to engage 4wd at all, thats what makes this the perfect trip to have as a Photography one, were not missing out on any "hardcore" off roading, cos there isn't any, just nice scenery. Last time I did the Gorge you could do it in 2WD if it was dry.

"You talkin about just the car Tony, or the other 50 things you got going on ?" Both.

Tony

frenzy
9th November 2011, 10:28 PM
I'll put a vote in for 26/27 Nov. We're keen. Ain't been up there before.

GUtsy ute
9th November 2011, 10:48 PM
I'll put a vote in for 26/27 Nov. We're keen. Ain't been up there before.

X2 on that date, would suit us too.
Haven't been there either.

Warnie
10th November 2011, 08:09 AM
I like the 26th/27th, I haven't been there before so it's exciting.

hekarewe
12th November 2011, 08:21 AM
i would be interested in the trip steve just at the moment not sure if i can afford it so will confirm closer to the date

Mal H
12th November 2011, 09:08 AM
We're keen, confirm soon.

Mal & Deidre.

04OFF
12th November 2011, 03:42 PM
i would be interested in the trip steve just at the moment not sure if i can afford it so will confirm closer to the date

Be great if you can make it along and give that 60D a workout !, at least you should be able to easy avoid spending any $$ for breakages/damage to the truck on this scenic trip.

Ive been looking at places to camp on the saturday night, going from the Dirty Weekends Book, there is three camp sites along the route, the first is Queen Mary Falls Tourist Park & Cabins (http://www.queenmaryfallscaravanpark.com.au/accommodation.html) ,but this is only half way around the tour, so may be a bit early to set up camp (in the book, its suggested as a good place for lunch)

The next camp is koreelah creek camping area (http://www.wildwalks.com/camping-in-nsw-parks/northern-rivers-campsites/koreelah-creek-camping-area.html), this camp has only 5 sites and can not be booked, so not a good option, plus we would not have covered most of the river crossings on the first day.

The next camp along looks like the go to me Camp Lake Fire (http://www.camplakefire.com.au) ,this camp is almost at the end of the tour, so will allow for a cruisey start to sunday, and we can pretty much head home from here.

I rang Camp Lake Fire , there is Toilets and Showers, we can have a group Camp Fire (fire wood for sale on-site @ $7 a milk crate) there is flat level campgound for a group, & down near the lake , i can pre-book this camp for the night of the 26th, if people can confirm this will suit everyone ?

frenzy
12th November 2011, 07:18 PM
Steve-o,
Having not been there before, all that sounds good to me mate. Frenzy clan will be there; me, Mrs and two kids. Locked into the diary.
Thanks for volunteering to organise another trip.
Cheers,
Steve

04OFF
12th November 2011, 09:56 PM
Cool steve, look forward to seeing what you can do with the 30D mate, should be much fun !

So far i think we might have the making of a great trip.....

04OFF
Bigrig
Dhuck
GUtsy ute
frenzy
Warnie
hekarewe (yet to confirm)
Mal H (yet to confirm)

:tongue:

GUtsy ute
12th November 2011, 11:05 PM
The camp area sounds great, Steve.
X2 on the thanks for organizing the trip too.

Cheers Gavin.

Bigrig
12th November 2011, 11:15 PM
Yep - in some configuration we'll be there - could be just me and the two youngest, me and the three youngest, or the missus and me and all the kids - either way, Tank and I will be there ... Camp ground you've suggested is perfect, so top stuff on the management mate and looking forward to it.

Dhuck
12th November 2011, 11:48 PM
Yup we will be there and all sounds cool to me

04OFF
13th November 2011, 08:23 PM
Our Campsite is all booked for the night of the 26th, if you need any more info about fees etc ....... http://www.camplakefire.com.au/

Silver
14th November 2011, 09:34 AM
interested depending on dates.

Silver
14th November 2011, 09:35 AM
thanks Steve. will be interested depending on dates. 340ks plus photo stops sound like big days :-) could be hot and stormy too! Nice photo ops I guess :-)

04OFF
14th November 2011, 03:37 PM
The date for this trip is 26-27th Nov 2011 (less than 2 weeks)

Hope you guys can make it Rick, im sure Fran will have a ball, she has the best set -up for river crossing shots :clapping:

Last time travelling to Warwick most of us met @ TORQ4x4 (http://www.torq4x4.com.au/index.php?route=information/contact) for a 6.30am departure, this seemed to suit everyone well so may i suggest meet in the same area/time this trip ?

The following map link should give approximate indication of time and distance we will travel on the first day (departing Torq4x4 ,Johnson rd).....

MAP (http://maps.google.com.au/maps?saddr=Johnson+Road,+Greenbank,+Queensland&daddr=Boonah,+Queensland+to:Warwick-Killarney+Rd+to:Koreelah,+New+South+Wales+to:White +Swamp+Road,+Koreelah,+New+South+Wales+to:white+sw amp+to:Camp+Lake+Fire,+Burnett+Creek+Road,+Maroon, +Queensland&hl=en&ll=-28.013801,152.778625&spn=1.200263,2.694397&sll=-28.236045,152.619324&sspn=0.299445,0.673599&geocode=FYdSWv4dCgYeCSkFR-Mfx0iRazHQeTOAwz2MBw%3BFWDLVP4d-74ZCSlrjvVD09eWazEg3SB_8e4ABA%3BFawpT_4doEIUCQ%3BF Wa2Tv4dNNAVCSkxPdPymkKXazEwskOQtAkGBA%3BFSkAUP4dDn 8WCSk95cSIRkCXazE7qDnjh8gz2A%3BFUB7UP4dMB4XCSl32xl tEj-XazGruOGnK6q2Aw%3BFYC1Uf4d3g0ZCSGCgyvFGt8apykJ-arqgTqXazHb1FmZBmTFtg&vpsrc=6&mra=ls&t=m&z=9)

Total trip time (non stop) is about 4hrs and 216 km, if we leave Johnson rd at 6.30am, in theory, we can include a 30 min stop at Boonah (for fuel etc), and allow a 1 hour stop for lunch somewhere, and still arrive at camp at 12 o'clock mid-day (if we don't make any other stops).

Sunset on Sat 26th is 6.25pm (last light 6.50pm) so id say we need to be at Camp Lake Fire by 4pm, this should give us enough time to get in, set up camp, and hopefully still be able to get to a position to Photograph the sunset with some water in the foreground ?

So if all goes to plan, that allows 4 hours of possible photography time before we get to camp, add to that, another couple of hours around sunset/night time, and we could see up to 6 hours "shutter slapping" :wink:

Bigrig
14th November 2011, 06:28 PM

Hope you guys can make it Rick, im sure Fran will have a ball, she has the best set -up for river crossing shots :clapping:

Last time travelling to Warwick most of us met @ TORQ4x4 (http://www.torq4x4.com.au/index.php?route=information/contact) for a 6.30am departure, this seemed to suit everyone well so may i suggest meet in the same area/time this trip ?

The following map link should give approximate indication of time and distance we will travel on the first day (departing Torq4x4 ,Johnson rd).....

MAP (http://maps.google.com.au/maps?saddr=Johnson+Road,+Greenbank,+Queensland&daddr=Boonah,+Queensland+to:Warwick-Killarney+Rd+to:Koreelah,+New+South+Wales+to:White +Swamp+Road,+Koreelah,+New+South+Wales+to:white+sw amp+to:Camp+Lake+Fire,+Burnett+Creek+Road,+Maroon, +Queensland&hl=en&ll=-28.013801,152.778625&spn=1.200263,2.694397&sll=-28.236045,152.619324&sspn=0.299445,0.673599&geocode=FYdSWv4dCgYeCSkFR-Mfx0iRazHQeTOAwz2MBw%3BFWDLVP4d-74ZCSlrjvVD09eWazEg3SB_8e4ABA%3BFawpT_4doEIUCQ%3BF Wa2Tv4dNNAVCSkxPdPymkKXazEwskOQtAkGBA%3BFSkAUP4dDn 8WCSk95cSIRkCXazE7qDnjh8gz2A%3BFUB7UP4dMB4XCSl32xl tEj-XazGruOGnK6q2Aw%3BFYC1Uf4d3g0ZCSGCgyvFGt8apykJ-arqgTqXazHb1FmZBmTFtg&vpsrc=6&mra=ls&t=m&z=9)

Total trip time (non stop) is about 4hrs and 216 km, if we leave Johnson rd at 6.30am, in theory, we can include a 30 min stop at Boonah (for fuel etc), and allow a 1 hour stop for lunch somewhere, and still arrive at camp at 12 o'clock mid-day (if we don't make any other stops).

Sunset on Sat 26th is 6.25pm (last light 6.50pm) so id say we need to be at Camp Lake Fire by 4pm, this should give us enough time to get in, set up camp, and hopefully still be able to get to a position to Photograph the sunset with some water in the foreground ?

So if all goes to plan, that allows 4 hours of possible photography time before we get to camp, add to that, another couple of hours around sunset/night time, and we could see up to 6 hours "shutter slapping" :wink:

All sounds good to me!!!

Silver
15th November 2011, 12:04 PM
we'll be there, gone the la2y route and booked a cabin. No aircon but fans and lake bree2es. Looking forward to it. I wonder if my tinny on its trailer with 13" wheels would be viable along the tracks........ maybe next time

Bigrig
15th November 2011, 02:21 PM
we'll be there, gone the la2y route and booked a cabin. No aircon but fans and lake bree2es. Looking forward to it. I wonder if my tinny on its trailer with 13" wheels would be viable along the tracks........ maybe next time

Considered booking a cabin myself mate, so not sure it's more the 'practical' route than the 'lazy' route ...

Hmmmm ... still might yet ...

04OFF
15th November 2011, 06:02 PM
He-he, funny i also thought about a cabin, but didn't when i read they are "minimum 2 night stay".

So did you get one for "one" night Silver or paying for two ?

Silver
15th November 2011, 06:32 PM
He-he, funny i also thought about a cabin, but didn't when i read they are "minimum 2 night stay".

So did you get one for "one" night Silver or paying for two ?

one night.

nickpeacock36
16th November 2011, 07:25 PM
Not going to make the trip this time Steve. Look forward to seeing the pictures when you get back though.

Warnie
16th November 2011, 07:59 PM
The missus is out from the trip, but I will be there. I am gonna get some lessons on how to use her new camera and will bring it along and have a crack. I'm excited.

04OFF
16th November 2011, 08:30 PM
one night.

Yes, i rang and they said they would do "one night" cabin/s because they are quiet (dispite the rules being a 2 night stay) so i thought ,bugger it ,and booked one as well, give me more time to go off and scout for a good sunset location for the group early.

Not going to make the trip this time Steve. Look forward to seeing the pictures when you get back though.

No problem Nick, knowing the Brizzy bunch, won't be to long before another trip is organised anyway !

The missus is out from the trip, but I will be there. I am gonna get some lessons on how to use her new camera and will bring it along and have a crack. I'm excited.

Good on ya Warnie, BTW, what sort of camera does she have ?

Bigrig
16th November 2011, 08:31 PM
Yes, i rang and they said they would do "one night" cabin/s because they are quiet (dispite the rules being a 2 night stay) so i thought ,bugger it ,and booked one as well, give me more time to go off and scout for a good sunset location for the group early.

No problem Nick, knowing the Brizzy bunch, won't be to long before another trip is organised anyway !

Good on ya Warnie, BTW, what sort of camera does she have ?

How much for one night mate??

Dhuck
16th November 2011, 08:32 PM
How much for one night mate??

Yeh how much?

04OFF
16th November 2011, 08:44 PM
^ You guys need to ask me after buying dinner and a few beers................

........................oh, you mean for a Cabin ? :redface: ha-ha!

As taken from web site, http://www.camplakefire.com.au/rates-and-bookings

Cabins only:
•$110 per night for up to 4 people. Extra person rate $27.50 per person. Cabins sleep up to 8
•Minimum 2 night stay
•Children 3 years & under are free of charge
•$5 per person for use of kitchen & dining/conference area

Ask for Dean and tell him you are with the Patrol group, the cabins are right next to the place we will camp as well, but there will only be a couple of cabins left available.

Dhuck
16th November 2011, 08:54 PM
Looking at there rates and bookings I think i might just set up a tent or go into town and get a motel room at those rates.

Bigrig
16th November 2011, 09:11 PM
Looking at there rates and bookings I think i might just set up a tent or go into town and get a motel room at those rates.

Sleeps 8 - figure it'll be bunks or something, but want to split one?? I think it's only Nathan, Keeley and myself, so with you lot that makes 6 ...

Up to you ...

Dhuck
16th November 2011, 10:05 PM
will speak to Bec when I am back down in shallower poo

Warnie
16th November 2011, 10:09 PM
Steve it is a Sony compact digital slr 5n. I just got her to give me the run down on how to change the settings, I will be asking you for what to change them to

04OFF
16th November 2011, 10:39 PM
back down in shallower poo

lol Dave !

Steve it is a Sony compact digital slr 5n. I just got her to give me the run down on how to change the settings, I will be asking you for what to change them to

Sounds good, will try and make sure we can send you home with some cool pic's then.

Dhuck
16th November 2011, 10:49 PM
I will bring along my step daughters camera but all I know is it's an SLR lol. I am used to point and shoot

Bigrig
16th November 2011, 10:49 PM
will speak to Bec when I am back down in shallower poo

Roger wilco boss!

04OFF
16th November 2011, 11:38 PM
I will bring along my step daughters camera but all I know is it's an SLR lol. I am used to point and shoot

Thats cool Dave, as long as it a "Digital" one not an old Film one :wink:, it will have a Auto mode, and should still take better pic's than your P&S, you can practice good composition with "any" camera, and we can help you as much or as little as you want (sometimes its just fun to experiment yourself)

To those that are bringing a camera/s, and would like to have a play around with some night shots on saturday night, we will most likley need to use the Manual Mode, if you don't know how to select this mode or how to change settings once selected, (i will help you with what settings to set) i should be able to figure out your controls, but bringing your owners manual may be a good idea to save some time.

A Tripod will also be very handy if you have one, i have a couple of cheap ones i can lend out so don't worry if you don't have one, or you can just borrow my good one if you want to do something special.

Some sort of torch or hand held battery powerd light will also be usefull for setting up camera in the dark, and also useful for taking light painting pic's (i have spare light i can lend) a spread beam is preferable to a sharp spot (a small work light is good)

If you want to bring a notebook/laptop (if you have one) to view any pics you take, this may be handy, otherwise remember to bring your camera to PC/USB cable, as i will have my laptop with me.

If you just wanna "watch" eveyone else you can do that too :trink13:

frenzy
17th November 2011, 08:27 PM
OK, we've weakened and booked a cabin too..... there is one left.

hekarewe
17th November 2011, 11:46 PM

ok at this stage i am in it will be me and daughter mum cant make it so unless something nasty happens we will see you all at torq 4x4???? which way are you guys heading out of town might be able to meet you on road some where save me going into browns plains and back out agian if your coming past me,,, so let me know please.

04OFF
18th November 2011, 01:49 AM
Good stuff, more 60D goodness in action :wink:

We can travel/meet you on the Ipswich-Boonah rd if that way suits you best mate.

UHF channel 17

Is everyone else good to meet outside Torq4x4 again, for a 6.30am departure ?

Bigrig
18th November 2011, 10:01 AM
Good stuff, more 60D goodness in action :wink:

We can travel/meet you on the Ipswich-Boonah rd if that way suits you best mate.

UHF channel 17

Is everyone else good to meet outside Torq4x4 again, for a 6.30am departure ?

Yep - see you there at 6:30am ... who's in charge of getting coffees??

Just remember, if the boys from Torq4x4 aren't going, the gate might be locked so we'll need to park on the street.

04OFF
18th November 2011, 12:56 PM
Yep - see you there at 6:30am ... who's in charge of getting coffees??

Just remember, if the boys from Torq4x4 aren't going, the gate might be locked so we'll need to park on the street.

Yes good point Scotty, i expect the gate "will" be still locked at 6.30am, i have a feeling the road directly outside the Torq4x4 driveway (see Blue pin below) may be a "no standing" zone, so may i suggest we could all park/meet at the Service Station 150M up the hill from Torq4x4 (see Red arrow below)

That way you should be able to get your coffee as well. :coffeetime:

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/Meetneartorq4x4-1.jpg

Worst case , use UHF Channel 17, if you can't see anyone.

Bigrig
18th November 2011, 01:02 PM
Yes good point Scotty, i expect the gate "will" be still locked at 6.30am, i have a feeling the road directly outside the Torq4x4 driveway (see Blue pin below) may be a "no standing" zone, so may i suggest we could all park/meet at the Service Station 150M up the hill from Torq4x4 (see Red arrow below)

That way you should be able to get your coffee as well. :coffeetime:

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/Meetneartorq4x4-1.jpg

Worst case , use UHF Channel 17, if you can't see anyone.

Good call - see you at the servo ...

Mazodude
18th November 2011, 06:25 PM
i have a feeling the road directly outside the Torq4x4 driveway (see Blue pin below) may be a "no standing" zone
no you can park on the side of the road. I do it all the time (there are no signs). Just stay on the left side of the line :D

Bigrig
18th November 2011, 06:28 PM
no you can park on the side of the road. I do it all the time (there are no signs). Just stay on the left side of the line :D

Thanks mate, but I'll need my coffee!!!! lmao

Mazodude
18th November 2011, 06:57 PM
Thanks mate, but I'll need my coffee!!!! lmao
Might have to make it a double ehh??

04OFF
18th November 2011, 07:46 PM

Thanks mate, the servo is still a much better idea anyway, more room, fuel, and coffee ! :clapping:

I thought it "was" no standing outside torq4x4, mostly going from the Google street view for 82 Johnson rd (driveway leading to Torq4x4), but perhaps they have changed the signs now, as google images can be a couple of years old sometimes.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/Torq4x4parking.jpg

Warnie
20th November 2011, 05:18 PM
My camp site is booked for the saturday night, cant wait.

04OFF
20th November 2011, 05:49 PM
Good stuff Warnie, not long now mate, just so everyone knows, you don't need to book individual camp sites, I already rang last week and reserved a camping area for "everyone" (Nissan Patrol group), this area is right next to the cabins and the lake, and also has a fire pit.

If you have any questions about the actual site/area, you can talk to Dean (from Camp Lake Fire) on ph 5463 6121, he was enthusiastic about so many Patrols coming down (his fav 4x4), so expect he will be over to check out the rigs when we arrive,

http://www.camplakefire.com.au/

hekarewe
20th November 2011, 08:17 PM
some of the activities at the camp look good if we get in therwe early enough,,,, might even throw in the inland fishing gear and lures could be fun wont tell daughter be nice supprise for her she will enjoy it if we get time

Bigrig
20th November 2011, 08:46 PM
some of the activities at the camp look good if we get in therwe early enough,,,, might even throw in the inland fishing gear and lures could be fun wont tell daughter be nice supprise for her she will enjoy it if we get time

So the lake has fishing?? Sweet!! Will take a small rod and some jigs/lures for the kids (ahem, me) also!!!! lmao

Silver
20th November 2011, 10:24 PM
I think you'll need a stocked impoundment permit to fish for fish in Lake Moogerah.

Does anyone know if there are redclaw there? My research so far suggests not.

hekarewe
20th November 2011, 10:24 PM
So the lake has fishing?? Sweet!! Will take a small rod and some jigs/lures for the kids (ahem, me) also!!!! lmao

you mean you have not looked at the link steve put up about the camp site?????? fishing yakks etc etc lots o fun all you need is look at activities LMAO

Bigrig
20th November 2011, 10:26 PM
you mean you have not looked at the link steve put up about the camp site?????? fishing yakks etc etc lots o fun all you need is look at activities LMAO

Nope ... because unlike you, I trust him!!!! lmao

Might go have a sneaky peek just for curiosity sakes!!

hekarewe
20th November 2011, 10:28 PM
Nope ... because unlike you, I trust him!!!! lmao

Might go have a sneaky peek just for curiosity sakes!!

be honest you did not think about it!!!!! i trust steve but when i saw the site i had to have a look

Bigrig
20th November 2011, 10:51 PM
be honest you did not think about it!!!!! i trust steve but when i saw the site i had to have a look

There you go again ... putting facts into the story!! lol

04OFF
20th November 2011, 10:52 PM
LOL you guys, i think ive posted a link to the place about 5 times in this thread already, and you haven't clicked once ?

Here, ill make it more man inviting then...

If XXX Nudity offends, DO NOT CLICK HERE ! (http://www.camplakefire.com.au/)

The kids (under 18) don't appear to need a permit at all....

https://www.smartservice.qld.gov.au/services/permits/fishing/apply

Adults DO require one ($7.20,for 1 week) so suggest you only "assist" the kids Scotty.

So hands up all those who clicked the link ^ expecting nudity then ????? :clownredpuff:

Bigrig
20th November 2011, 10:54 PM
LOL you guys, i think ive posted a link to the place about 5 times in this thread already, and you haven't clicked once ?

Here, ill make it more man inviting then...

If XXX Nudity offends, DO NOT CLICK HERE ! (http://www.camplakefire.com.au/)

The kids (under 18) don't appear to need a permit at all....

https://www.smartservice.qld.gov.au/services/permits/fishing/apply

Adults DO require one ($7.20,for 1 week) so suggest you only "assist" the kids Scotty.

So hands up all those who clicked the link ^ expecting nudity then ????? :clownredpuff:

Real funny - it's just the bloody campsite link!!! lmao

Bigrig
22nd November 2011, 05:35 PM
4 more sleeps - looking forward to it!!

Dhuck
22nd November 2011, 06:16 PM
Well it looks like Adam (Redman my brother) and his missus will be meeting us at Boonah Saturday morning.

Bigrig
22nd November 2011, 06:33 PM
Well it looks like Adam (Redman my brother) and his missus will be meeting us at Boonah Saturday morning.

Sweet!! Should be a good trip - kids are more excited about this one ... I may have mentioned I'd let them swim under a waterfall if we find one!

Dhuck
22nd November 2011, 06:36 PM
Queen Mary and Daggs fall. Nice but don't know if you can swim under them

Bigrig
22nd November 2011, 06:37 PM
Queen Mary and Daggs fall. Nice but don't know if you can swim under them

Hope so ... for my sake!!! lmao

Dhuck
22nd November 2011, 06:38 PM
Plenty of water crossings for them. lol

Dhuck
22nd November 2011, 07:23 PM
Are we actually doing the trip out of the Dirty Weekends Book and if so what edition? I gather Steve will be leading the way! I would but if we do the trip out of the book I have a very inaccurate odometer to be able to follow the trek even know I have done this several times in the past. Also the trek differs a little from the 3rd edition to the 5th.

Silver
22nd November 2011, 07:48 PM
We'll be at the Servo on Johnson Road at or before 6:30.

How much rain does it take to make those river crossings difficult? :-)

Dhuck
22nd November 2011, 08:01 PM
a little more than we gonna get.They are not hard crossings. Just a little bumpy at times.

Silver
22nd November 2011, 08:08 PM
a little more than we gonna get.They are not hard crossings. Just a little bumpy at times.

I've seen your idea of 'a little bit bumpy' Dave :-). I'll put the strap and bridle in in case it is too deep for lo rider Silver :-)

Dhuck
22nd November 2011, 08:10 PM
Without taking my idea of 4wding on board mate my touring is very sedate. Every time I have been there the crossings have been no more than about a foot deep.

Silver
22nd November 2011, 08:21 PM
Should be good then Dhuck, even for Silver :-).

I run my tinny in less water than that when chasing flathead :-)

Dhuck
22nd November 2011, 09:06 PM
lol I sold my tinny cause it sat in the garage. But I used to run mine up and down Pottsville Creek chasing flatties and muddies. That place is shallow at high tide.

04OFF
22nd November 2011, 10:37 PM
Sweet!! Should be a good trip - kids are more excited about this one ... I may have mentioned I'd let them swim under a waterfall if we find one!

Don't tell em, but ive organised about 200 Glow Bracelets + 100 Sparklers ill be bringing along, so little kids (and us big ones) can all have turns with some night time Photography fun ! :clapping:

Are we actually doing the trip out of the Dirty Weekends Book and if so what edition? I gather Steve will be leading the way! I would but if we do the trip out of the book I have a very inaccurate odometer to be able to follow the trek even know I have done this several times in the past. Also the trek differs a little from the 3rd edition to the 5th.

I have the 5th edition Dave, this is what i intended to base the route on (as per PM), only to ensure we find ALL 14 river crossings, however, as long as we are @ Camp Lake Fire by about 4pm, its not super critical what path we take, as long as the group is all happy.

I am more than happy to lead or to follow, my odometer is not "100%" accurate, but should be OK for the job.

Without taking my idea of 4wding on board mate my touring is very sedate. Every time I have been there the crossings have been no more than about a foot deep.

I have heard of many soft roaders doing the trip, so unless we have heaps of rain so the road is closed, we should be OK, just like water off a Dhucks tyres (ha-ha)

Silver
22nd November 2011, 10:40 PM
Assume you'll be taking up a collection for the glow sticks Steve? Cash or cans :-)

Bigrig
22nd November 2011, 10:53 PM
Assume you'll be taking up a collection for the glow sticks Steve? Cash or cans :-)

Yep - second the motion - they're great and greatly appreciated, but not free, so we'll sort you out on the weekend also. Thanks a million for doing that!!

GUtsy ute
22nd November 2011, 11:00 PM

X3, We'll make sure it all balances out.

Dhuck
22nd November 2011, 11:28 PM
x4. Can't see someone else forking out the doe for others benefit. But greatfully appreciated.

frenzy
22nd November 2011, 11:50 PM
looking forward to it!

04OFF
23rd November 2011, 12:10 AM

Yep - second the motion - they're great and greatly appreciated, but not free, so we'll sort you out on the weekend also. Thanks a million for doing that!!

X3, We'll make sure it all balances out.

x4. Can't see someone else forking out the doe for others benefit. But greatfully appreciated.

Thanks for the offer guys, but sorry, no i won't be asking for (or excepting) any donations, call it a little group xmas prezzy if you wish, and trust me, myself (and i hope some others) will have a blast photographing all the crazy shapes, writing, etc everyone can come up with, they should get very interesting after a few creative refreshments :trink13:

And i like the thought that glow bracelets, do make it easier for parents to keep track of the kids at night (especially as we are near a lake)

looking forward to it!

Me too frenzy , this time you get to have your own turn with the 30D, just try not to burn anyones ear tho, as thats very un-proffessional Steve ! :sterb032::blowup::oops:

Mal H
23rd November 2011, 08:14 AM
Very sorry 4OFF, Dee and I can't make this one, it hurts because I can tell it's gunna be a ripper.

Catch up at the Xmas gathering all.

Mal

04OFF
23rd November 2011, 10:37 AM
No worries Mal, thanks for letting us know, it was all organised a little sudden, and with the silly season just around the corner, i can appreciate its not allways so easy.

If the Photography side of things works out successfull, we may be able to organise some more trips along these lines in the future ?

Dhuck
23rd November 2011, 11:13 AM
No worries Mal, thanks for letting us know, it was all organised a little sudden, and with the silly season just around the corner, i can appreciate its not allways so easy.

If the Photography side of things works out successfull, we may be able to organise some more trips along these lines in the future ?

I believe we could as there are quite a few trips we could do out of the Dirty Weekends book. Alot of them are just beautiful drives

Bigrig
23rd November 2011, 05:10 PM
Got another coming along - Derek (my mechanic/mate) and his daughters. They drive a toymota so lucky it's only 2wd tracks!!! lol

lhurley
24th November 2011, 10:39 PM
Hey guys,

i will be coming along to this trip with warnie, looking forward to meeting all you fellow enthusiasts. should a good weekend.

Lachlan

Bigrig
24th November 2011, 11:01 PM
Hey guys,

i will be coming along to this trip with warnie, looking forward to meeting all you fellow enthusiasts. should a good weekend.

Lachlan

Top stuff mate!! Look forward to meeting!!

Warnie
25th November 2011, 12:05 AM
Yeah we are pretty keen. It's been way too long since I have been camping (7 years, in year 11 at school) so we went out and bought tents and all the extra stuff that goes with it. Don't pay us out too much but we both bought the same one, the lazy option, the flick out tent and it's done. Lol.

I have plenty of experience camping as a kid and teenager (scouts and family trips) I just haven't been fir a while since moving to QLQ and not having the money to buy new gear. (now that I am an actual adult earning actual money I can afford all this new shiney stuff :)

Well I'm super keen for the weekend, if you can't tell

Silver
25th November 2011, 01:11 AM
love those flick out tents. If you haven't folded it up before, you may be in for some contortions - at least I hope so, because it took me a little while to work mine out!!

Our daughter and I christened ours the Caterpittawah tent - she used to pronounce Caterpiller that way. I often take it along with our 9x9 tourer for those quick trips.

Warnie
25th November 2011, 08:42 AM
My mate has one and I watched home pack it up one day, hopefully it'll be right. I was gonna give it a practise go in the dry at home tonight anyways

Silver
25th November 2011, 10:04 AM
You'll be right - they come with instructions stitched onto the side. If I can work it out, anyone can!!

frenzy
25th November 2011, 01:43 PM
Just let us all get set up with our camp chairs first so we can watch you attempt to fold it up!!!

We used to go camping with a big group in the NT years ago and one particular couple would always turn up late and provide the rest of us with entertainment whilst they, unpacked their car, set up their tent and had a massive domestic all at the same time! LOL! Those were the days...... ROFLMAO

Bigrig
25th November 2011, 03:45 PM
Foods packed.
Grogs packed.
Clothes packed.
Assorted goodies packed.
Car as ready as it's ever gunna be.

Father and children waiting impatiently and raring to go!!!

Dhuck
25th November 2011, 04:07 PM
Still at work, still looking at 67 laptops and had enough. Car will be packed in about an hour and a half

Warnie
25th November 2011, 04:59 PM
I am leaving work now to go home and pack up the troll. Pretty keen and very impatient.

Bigrig
25th November 2011, 05:05 PM
Still at work, still looking at 67 laptops and had enough. Car will be packed in about an hour and a half

Sucked in ... lmao

Dhuck
25th November 2011, 05:14 PM
Home beer open sitting on my @rse

Bigrig
25th November 2011, 06:01 PM
Home beer open sitting on my @rse

Show off!!

Bigrig
25th November 2011, 06:03 PM
Can we go yet?? I know the 4wd'ing is non existent as such, but dead set looking forward to it - haven't seen Muds and Chops (my two youngest kids) this excited about a trip for a while!! That said, they still think we're swimming under waterfalls!!!! lmao - evil dad!!!!

Dhuck
25th November 2011, 06:38 PM
Plenty of water around, they can do the walk across to see if it is to deep. lol

Bigrig
25th November 2011, 06:46 PM
Plenty of water around, they can do the walk across to see if it is to deep. lol

Done deal!!! lol

frenzy
25th November 2011, 07:11 PM
i cant be bothered packing yet.... might do it after a couple of beers....... I'm sure we wont forget anything!! LOL

Warnie
25th November 2011, 07:18 PM
Well ive got the beers packed and the troll fueled up, im ready to go

Bigrig
25th November 2011, 07:24 PM
Well ive got the beers packed and the troll fueled up, im ready to go

I'll fuel up at the servo ... and again at Boonah ... and again at ...

Love having only LPG!!!! lmao

frenzy
25th November 2011, 07:46 PM
Just rang Dean at camp Lakefire. We have all the cabins booked and have access to the kitchen area and the BBQs. He said to bring a gas bottle for the BBQ. I'm putting one in. Happy to share of course!

Bigrig
25th November 2011, 08:13 PM
Just rang Dean at camp Lakefire. We have all the cabins booked and have access to the kitchen area and the BBQs. He said to bring a gas bottle for the BBQ. I'm putting one in. Happy to share of course!

Outstanding!!!! I can put the gas cookers back ...

frenzy
25th November 2011, 08:15 PM
there's also a hotplate in the kitchen....

Bigrig
25th November 2011, 08:21 PM
there's also a hotplate in the kitchen....

Saves the gear rattling about in the back of the truck ... that's great on all counts ...

Dhuck
25th November 2011, 08:32 PM
Damn I will have to unpack the truck.

Warnie
25th November 2011, 08:42 PM
Scotty I filled up both petrol and lpg $130 later lol. And ill still probably have to fuel up at boonah lol

Bigrig
25th November 2011, 08:52 PM
Scotty I filled up both petrol and lpg $130 later lol. And ill still probably have to fuel up at boonah lol

LMAO!!! Makes me feel better!!!

Warnie
25th November 2011, 09:15 PM
Those 4.2's are thirsty girls

Dhuck
25th November 2011, 09:25 PM
Those 4.2's are thirsty girls

I think I do alright with a 65L tank. About 350k's without 5th gear

Bigrig
25th November 2011, 09:30 PM
I think I do alright with a 65L tank. About 350k's without 5th gear

That's coz u drive it so 'nice'!!! lmao

Only the fridge, the kids and me to go in the car at 5:45 in the morning an we're there!!!

Dhuck
25th November 2011, 09:56 PM
MMMMMMMMMMm I am about to head to Coles lol

hekarewe
25th November 2011, 10:33 PM
fuel topped up 130lt top only cost me,,,,,,, naw cant do it to bigrigus and his 4.2 club ROFLMAO

camper packed and watered food to be packed in the morning and fridge is chilling down over night camers on charge and camp chair for the use of watching flip tent folding wrestle on the sunday morn bring the water crossings and the lake

looking forward to this one as it will be the last trip for me till after xmass with the forum next drive for me this year will be brooms heads for a week.

Dhuck
25th November 2011, 10:54 PM
mmmmmmm a good wrestle after a few beers lol

hekarewe
25th November 2011, 10:57 PM
mmmmmmm a good wrestle after a few beers lol

stop talking dirty dhuck this is a family forum you dirty dhuck

Dhuck
25th November 2011, 11:05 PM
stop talking dirty dhuck this is a family forum you dirty dhuck

You love it when I talk dirty to you. You big teddy bear. roflmfao

04OFF
25th November 2011, 11:51 PM

Steve, pretty sure it might only be "free" to use as a bonus for a group booking all 4 cabins, and only for use of those staying in the cabins , as going by the web, its $5 to use it if you are in a cabin or camping.

http://www.camplakefire.com.au/rates-and-bookings

Im still taking a camp cooker for saturday lunch anyway.

hekarewe
25th November 2011, 11:59 PM
Steve, pretty sure it might only be "free" to use as a bonus for a group booking all 4 cabins, and only for use of those staying in the cabins , as going by the web, its $5 to use it if you are in a cabin or camping.

http://www.camplakefire.com.au/rates-and-bookings

Im still taking a camp cooker for saturday lunch anyway.

and if all else failes will have the trusty camper with me and its elfresco kitchen ready for any occassion billy on the side of the road gormay cooking under star light lol

Silver
26th November 2011, 12:08 AM
Silver is all packed bar esky. All keen here. See you at the Servo near Torque on Johnson Rd before 6:30 :-)

frenzy
26th November 2011, 12:24 AM
I think we'll be ok to use the facilities. Dean was keen to let me know what was available. The gas bottle is packed!

04OFF
26th November 2011, 12:37 AM
I just wanted to add a suggestion last minute reminder list, if you dont have any of it ,don't worry, but if you do have it, it would be great if you remember to bring it.

Camera !
Battery charger (long exposure shots can eat battery power)
All lenses and accessories, (feel free to bring all your DSLR related gear) including tripod etc
Owners manual (unless you know how to change settings in Manual Mode already)
PC/USB cable (to get pics off ya camera)
Laptop/USB Stick
Torch/light
Tripod

Charge all batteries

Again, don't stress if you don't have "everything", we will still have fun !

Frenzy........ the 30D/17-85mm is cleaned, charged, packed and ready to go mate, so don't let me forget to give it to ya at the servo in the morning ! :bananadancing:

Silver
26th November 2011, 12:42 AM
Steve, if you are still up, or if I am still up if you reply, would a hand held 100w spotty help out at all with any of the shots the group might take - its a focusable light force

04OFF
26th November 2011, 12:47 AM
Yes Rick, i have a hendheld spot, but i think its only 50W and tethered to the car, we may get better distance with yours to light distance trees etc, so if you can fit it please bring ! :clapping:

The other lights i wanted people to bring are just torch or worklight type, but the spot can be used to light trees etc like this shot....

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/Favs/Flinders-1.jpg

Silver
26th November 2011, 01:13 AM
done ........

Dhuck
26th November 2011, 06:46 AM
Well I am up throwing the last few things in.

Bigrig
26th November 2011, 06:48 AM
Me too .. a coffee down the throat and I'm then we're off ...

04OFF
26th November 2011, 06:53 AM
See yas soon ! :harhar:

hekarewe
26th November 2011, 07:32 AM
walking out the door now if i forgot anything then it stays forgot see you all soon

Dhuck
27th November 2011, 04:38 PM
Ok all that went on this trip. Home 10 mins and found a tick on Caiden. Check your kids and yourselves. Thanks for a great week end as usual

Silver
27th November 2011, 05:43 PM
Thanks for the heads up Dhuck. Gave Eli2a a quick check, and will check again later when she has tubbed.

hekarewe
27th November 2011, 05:58 PM
thanks dhuck for the heads up will send rhiannon into shower now and get mum to check her over when she gets out by the by thanks eveyone for a good weekend an thanks steve for talking me around last night great weekend great company great fun

any volanteers to wash a muddy camper for me??? :)

Bigrig
27th November 2011, 06:16 PM
Thanks dhuck - will check them both over after a serious hosing down!!! lol

Great weekend and thanks to all - different to our usual trips (no 4wd'ing at all - dirt/mud tracks and heaps of river crossings but didn't even lock the hubs in), but bloody relaxing and the kids had a dead set ball ...

That said, Muds made me pinky promise that the next trip is camping and 4wd'ing - she's a thrill seeker no doubt!!!

Dhuck
27th November 2011, 06:19 PM
I am on her side on that one

Warnie
27th November 2011, 06:30 PM
Mine is already clean, I needed to wash myself and found an opportunity to clean the car also lol. I also washed one of those, one of those, one of those... I can't say it. It was a manly one though, an Echo lol

Warnie
27th November 2011, 06:30 PM
I am on muds side also boys.

lhurley
27th November 2011, 07:32 PM
I am on muds side also boys.

Yea me too muds/warnie/bigrig. good trip. great to meet everyone.

Bigrig
27th November 2011, 08:06 PM
Yea me too muds/warnie/bigrig. good trip. great to meet everyone.

Good to meet you also Lockie! Look forward to seein your new rig when you get it!!

Silver
27th November 2011, 08:55 PM
Thanks O4OFF Steve for bringing along the photographic toys and for being so patient in sharing your expertise.

A special thanks for bringing along all the technology, ranging from smoke machines to coloured LED spotlights, and laptops, and not forgetting the mega lighter big enough for Puff the Magic Dragon to scorch Pirate ships when Puff has a sore throat!!

Congrats to Bec for Quoitting the flashing cup!

Loverly Wife (The Cook on here) is busy loading photos onto the 'puter, so there may be some piccies from her tonight :-)

hekarewe
27th November 2011, 09:28 PM
many thanks to steve agian for a good weekend so in return here are the first of lots n lots been cropping and reducing for the last 2 hours think i culled out about 60 odd to load here over the evening. ENJOY!!!!!!

growler2058
27th November 2011, 09:35 PM
Nice work Hek:-)

Bigrig
27th November 2011, 09:43 PM
Nice ones Adrian - should be a truck load of quality snaps from the weekend - me however, I chose to drive along, join in the stops, let the kids run free and drink beer when we hit camp, so there's none from me!!!! lmao

hekarewe
27th November 2011, 09:51 PM
ooops bad spelling in the first title lol

lhurley
i am hoping to have a sexy gq in the beginning of the new year. i will put my happy snaps up the morning, its hard work not doing much for 2 days so im pooped right about now. :smilie_bett:

Some nice shots there hek

Clunk
great work there Adrian

Silver
27th November 2011, 10:00 PM
nice photos Adrian :-)

hekarewe
27th November 2011, 10:50 PM
lets try it agian seeing as the last lot did not work

Clunk
27th November 2011, 10:56 PM
more great shots mate, like the ones of the magpies fighting, looks quite brutal

Dhuck
27th November 2011, 10:58 PM
They were not fighting mate.

hekarewe
27th November 2011, 11:00 PM
thats how maggies hook up and do the wild thang

04OFF
27th November 2011, 11:00 PM
Really Great shots Adrian, nice work :clapping:

Heres a few of mine...

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/05Large-2.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/02Large-2.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/16Large-1.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/21Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/07Large-3.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/06Large-2.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/20Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/17Large-1.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/10Large-1.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/13Large-1.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/11Large-1.jpg

Clunk
27th November 2011, 11:01 PM
They were not fighting mate.

oh ok, well in that case they must have been in the throws of passion!!!!!! lol but it does look like they're having a good old fisty cuffs

hekarewe
27th November 2011, 11:06 PM
excellant there as usual 040ff nice one of the green machine

danielle was just asking if your going to put up any of the night shots from last night???

04OFF
27th November 2011, 11:15 PM
Few more...

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/19Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/08Large-2.jpg

Glad Scotty took it easy, cos i had the car window down takin this pic......
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/23Large.jpg

The result...... :wink:
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/24Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/25Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/26Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/28Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/29Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/27Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/01Large-3.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/33Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/31Large.jpg

Ill get Frenzy's pics up when i can ,you got some nice ones Steve !

Silver
27th November 2011, 11:23 PM
you can tell who the responsible drivers with mature and sensible outlooks are, by their approach to these shallow water crossings :-) Yeah, yeah, Silver is the Mav in the photos above and my current avatar :-)

Who'd have thought that a remote operated high speed electric window mechanism was a valuable photographic accessory.

hekarewe
27th November 2011, 11:39 PM
top shots there steve dam that tummy bug would have love to have seen them done

Bigrig
27th November 2011, 11:40 PM
Awesome photos guys - yep, and still giggling about that tidal wave Tank caused ... but I am sorry ... honestly!!!! lmao

hekarewe
27th November 2011, 11:51 PM
Awesome photos guys - yep, and still giggling about that tidal wave Tank caused ... but I am sorry ... honestly!!!! lmao

no your not ROFLMAO if you were sorry you wouldnt have done it in the first place you child you LOL

04OFF
28th November 2011, 12:21 AM
Yes.....Scotty was very apologetic (well, from what i could hear over his laughter), i can always count on Bigrig and Dhuck to put on a show for enhanced photographic value, really makes taking a camera worth while sometimes, (thanks guys)

BTW, Big thanks to everyone that came along, and to Rick for staying up to about 2am with me.

I can't believe we had so may "nice" kids along, most i spoke to said they had fun !

Ill show you exactly how to do those night shots next trip Adrian, Fran & Steve might be a experts by then and can teach us both a few things anyway. :cool:

04OFF
28th November 2011, 09:55 AM
Ok, here are some of the ones Frenzy captured with my 30D.

Some great work Steve, i did do a little cropping if you notice some of the framing looks a bit different, but adds to the images you took.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/f6Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/f5Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/F1Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/f2Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/f3Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/f4Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/f7Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/f9Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/f8Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/f10Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/f11Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/f12Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/f13Large.jpg

Sir Roofy
28th November 2011, 10:03 AM
Wow hope to see some more looks like a nice place

Bigrig
28th November 2011, 10:06 AM
Wow hope to see some more looks like a nice place

Considering how close it is to brissy, I'd never been there before and it's got some stunning scenery and is a beautiful drive/tour.

Would love to do that condamine river road after some decent rainfall - it would be gangs of fun - those mud shots are after maybe 10-15mm over the day before, and it was dry as for a few weeks prior to that - so it certainly 'holds' water!!!

04OFF
28th November 2011, 12:00 PM
Would love to do that condamine river road after some decent rainfall - it would be gangs of fun !

Yes x 2, and shortcut the whole trip ,so we drive directly to track with the mud and deep water, and perhaps next time, i suggest we travel in the other direction, that way, we go through the mud, "then" through all the water crossings. :bananarock:

Sir Roofy
28th November 2011, 12:06 PM
Considering how close it is to brissy, I'd never been there before and it's got some stunning scenery and is a beautiful drive/tour.

Would love to do that condamine river road after some decent rainfall - it would be gangs of fun - those mud shots are after maybe 10-15mm over the day before, and it was dry as for a few weeks prior to that - so it certainly 'holds' water!!!

you have some decent country still up there but have to pay to see to see a lot of it
guess its only a matter of time and we,l be doing the same

lhurley
28th November 2011, 12:37 PM
i have a heap more but i need to play around with the file sizes to get them to upload.

Sir Roofy
28th November 2011, 01:04 PM
Looking good mate

2TROLLFAM
28th November 2011, 01:16 PM
Looks like mad fun !!! Alas I'll be sticking to the EASY tracks till I work out what the heck I'm doing :)

Bigrig
28th November 2011, 01:20 PM
Looks like mad fun !!! Alas I'll be sticking to the EASY tracks till I work out what the heck I'm doing :)

You would have doddled through it in the Navara mate, let alone the Patrol. Easy tracks, shallow crossings (40-50cm maximum) and great scenery. Don't be put off by the shots mate - we make sure everyone gets through wherever we go with no pressure to do things you don't want, and full on guidance for anything tricky - most places we go have chicken tracks around the technical/tough tracks anyway. We went through the lot in 2WD.

Only way to learn - get out there and enjoy it!!!

Dhuck
28th November 2011, 01:50 PM
A few pics from my camera

Sir Roofy
28th November 2011, 02:06 PM
Any fish in the lake great photos guys

Silver
28th November 2011, 02:12 PM
Any fish in the lake great photos guys

usual Qld impoundment mix for the South East, yellowbelly, bass, eel tail catfish, probably silver perch. No sign of snub nosed gar which is interesting. Maybe one or both of the cod species.

hekarewe
28th November 2011, 09:20 PM
You would have doddled through it in the Navara mate, let alone the Patrol. Easy tracks, shallow crossings (40-50cm maximum) and great scenery. Don't be put off by the shots mate - we make sure everyone gets through wherever we go with no pressure to do things you don't want, and full on guidance for anything tricky - most places we go have chicken tracks around the technical/tough tracks anyway. We went through the lot in 2WD.

Only way to learn - get out there and enjoy it!!!

i wouldnt go so far as doing it all in 2wd scotty i had to grab a hand full of short stick on a couple of muddy hills,,,,,,, oh yeah i was towing the camper through non trailer roads roflmao OOOOPs!!!!

frenzy
28th November 2011, 09:29 PM
Ok, here are some of the ones Frenzy captured with my 30D.

Some great work Steve, i did do a little cropping if you notice some of the framing looks a bit different, but adds to the images you took.

Cool! Thanks for posting those up and thanks for the loan of the hardware too!

Got the minister of fun and finance convinced that we "need" a proper camera now. :bananarock:

BTW, those pics of the kids (yes, that includes the one of Warnie) are a testament to the camera. I did the old point and shoot thing with those. Just shot them from the hip and after you cropped them, they are wayyyyyy better than my point and shoot could do.

Cheers,

Steve

ben10
28th November 2011, 10:19 PM
Nice pictures, shame i could not make it.

I'm in next time

Silver
28th November 2011, 10:43 PM
i wouldnt go so far as doing it all in 2wd scotty i had to grab a hand full of short stick on a couple of muddy hills,,,,,,, oh yeah i was towing the camper through non trailer roads roflmao OOOOPs!!!!

And who was bringing up the rear in the muddy bits after all 9 other lifted and tyred and locked Patrols rolled through, and Adrian's trailer? Lo - Rider Silver on worn all terrains. Deliberately made me stop half way up hills and everything :-) We did get through fine :-)

Bigrig
28th November 2011, 11:11 PM
Nice pictures, shame i could not make it.

I'm in next time

Outstanding mate!!

Bigrig
28th November 2011, 11:13 PM
And who was bringing up the rear in the muddy bits after all 9 other lifted and tyred and locked Patrols rolled through, and Adrian's trailer? Lo - Rider Silver on worn all terrains. Deliberately made me stop half way up hills and everything :-) We did get through fine :-)

Silver did himself proud!! That said, dhuck, Warnie and myself did venture onto some little side tracks (still in 2wd) just to seek out a 'muddy thrill' and even then the lift, the lockers, and the short stick weren't required ... the tyres came in handy though!!

Silver
28th November 2011, 11:19 PM
Silver did himself proud!! That said, dhuck, Warnie and myself did venture onto some little side tracks (still in 2wd) just to seek out a 'muddy thrill' and even then the lift, the lockers, and the short stick weren't required ... the tyres came in handy though!!

I did see that action, and was tempted to attempt to follow suit, but didn't want to bust my just broken in pair of double pluggers in the mud :-)

Your mate Derick in the Cruiser did a good job on the day too!

And your liking for a low stress lifestyle is why you got to the petrol station with 5 litres of fuel on board. Certainly had me interested on the way back - hope Tank makes it, hope Tank doesn't, hope Tank makes it, hope it..........well you get the idea :-)

Finly Owner
28th November 2011, 11:26 PM
Very nice shots as we expected.

Didn't expect the Mud and water crossings though.

Tim

Clunk
29th November 2011, 12:53 AM
amazing shots guys as always, might just have to do what the missus always wanted one day............ sell up and move east!!!!! lol

Bigrig
29th November 2011, 07:17 AM
I did see that action, and was tempted to attempt to follow suit, but didn't want to bust my just broken in pair of double pluggers in the mud :-)

Your mate Derick in the Cruiser did a good job on the day too!

And your liking for a low stress lifestyle is why you got to the petrol station with 5 litres of fuel on board. Certainly had me interested on the way back - hope Tank makes it, hope Tank doesn't, hope Tank makes it, hope it..........well you get the idea :-)

Haha .. what a way to break in a new set of pluggers!!

Derek went well considering the tyres he had on - but between us (don't tell anyone else) he used the short stick a couple of times!!!

Was never in doubt of making fuel really ... was I?? lmao ... for those reading, I still only have LPG and the Gods of Gas shone down on me as I got the best mileage yet out of Tank to make the closest servo to where we were with 5.4 litres left - that equates to about 15-17 klms left in it ... plenty nuff!!!!! lmao

Sir Roofy
29th November 2011, 09:53 AM
one thing about gas it will stretch that extra mile-------pml

Mazodude
29th November 2011, 11:09 AM
too bad I was busy. will have to come next time :D

Dhuck
29th November 2011, 11:37 AM

Plenty of trips to join in on.

Bigrig
29th November 2011, 11:41 AM

Too right mate!! Gangs of fun - just PM'd you about the Xmas drinks (32 coming so far) and LCMP trip, so hopefully you can make one or both of those and catchup with a bunch of members.

The Cook
29th November 2011, 10:35 PM
Hi,

Here are some of the photos that I took with my new Canon (I ended up with nearly 700 photos!!!).

Steve - thanks heaps for your help and most of all - Sat night writing with sparklers was excellent ! Thanks for organising everything ! It was a great weekend

04OFF
29th November 2011, 11:44 PM
Nice work Fran. :clapping:

Thanks mate, was a pleasure to share some tips, glad you got something out of it all and had a laugh at the same time !

Silver
30th November 2011, 12:12 AM
Hi Steve, this is the photograph and photographer I spoke of - looks magnificent as a poster si2ed print

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=rock%20island%20bend%20peter%20dombrovski&source=web&cd=2&sqi=2&ved=0CCUQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FFile%3A Rock_island_bend.jpg&ei=ItLUTp6-AsyuiQerjZGnDw&usg=AFQjCNHaED1hoRsQl6unSY2TpwgxKxnt1g

lhurley
30th November 2011, 05:44 PM
Here's a few more of mine. these are cropped and if anyone would like a copy of a photo feel free to keep it. or just pm me if you would like the original.

i think my favorite photo that i took is the one where 04OFF was driving into the water from the left side.

hekarewe
30th November 2011, 10:30 PM
great photos guys job well done

Dhuck
30th November 2011, 10:43 PM
Good job Lachy. for a non patrol owner lol

04OFF
30th November 2011, 11:42 PM
i think my favorite photo that i took is the one where 04OFF was driving into the water from the left side.

That really is a great shot (and im not saying that because of the obvious) id be happy to have taken it myself, and i think it would have to be my favorite shot ive seen so far from that weekend (inc my own stuff) and really, again, nothing to do with whos car it is.

Was there a something you needed to remove resulting in the aggressive crop ?, it still works well, i just find myself wanting to see the reflection of the car in the lower portion of the image.

lhurley
1st December 2011, 03:44 PM
Was there a something you needed to remove resulting in the aggressive crop ?, it still works well, i just find myself wanting to see the reflection of the car in the lower portion of the image.

I only cropped them to get the size down. after some playing around i got the original to go up for you.

04OFF
1st December 2011, 04:36 PM
Thanks mate, ive cropped it a little more to my personal liking........

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/04offpiccrop.jpg

BillsGU
1st December 2011, 06:12 PM
04OFF - you should come on down to the VIC High Country and look at our views. If you want to take some photos I may just be available to give you a hand !!!!

04OFF
1st December 2011, 11:42 PM
Thanks Bill, id enjoy that for sure, id like to photograph much of Aus , every state seems to have something to offer, i hope when the time comes that i may get chance to do the big lap, that ive developed my skills enough to take some pic's , and make myself a calander or something :cool:

BillsGU
2nd December 2011, 05:38 PM
Wait until the winter when it snows down here. The mountains are very spectacular at that time of the year.