PDA

View Full Version : Nut size for Exhaust manifold studs - TD42

AB
9th November 2011, 07:03 AM
I'm being lazy but hoping someone might know the nut size for the exhaust manifold studs on a TD42?

I am not sure if It's an M10 x 1.25 or M10 x 1.5???

Cheers for any help!

easydoesit
1st December 2011, 11:03 AM
just be careful as a lot of the older cars have had the front and rear studs on cylinders 1 and 6 drilled out and replaced with large stud bolts as they have been stripped form over tightening warped manifolds I learn't the hard way after putting copper gasket paste on the turbo manifold and then realizing I had to drill it out and the gasket.

jfarsang
1st December 2011, 03:35 PM
I just replaced four of mine that sheared off. I can't remember the block thread pitch but I'm sure it was M10x1.5 . I couldn't find studs to match both inner/outer so the outside thread pitch was definitely M10x1.25. I just ended up using different nuts on the new ones.

canuck
1st December 2011, 03:50 PM
Jesse, there is a metric nut, bolt and pin distributor in Surrey.

Ade
1st December 2011, 04:18 PM
I just replaced four of mine that sheared off. I can't remember the block thread pitch but I'm sure it was M10x1.5 . I couldn't find studs to match both inner/outer so the outside thread pitch was definitely M10x1.25. I just ended up using different nuts on the new ones.

Affirmative on the outside thread Andy..M10x1.25. Just snapped one on mine yesterday on an attemp to mount the pyro probe to the manifold..very niceeeeeee