PDA

View Full Version : Modules

poltac
6th November 2011, 01:28 PM
Hi new to patrols and this forum just hoping someone can help me
I have a 1992 Ti EFI petrol with a auto box and when cleaning the car there are what I think are modules or ECU under the drivers and passengers seat's there is also one on the passenger side firewall in the car just wondering if anyone knows what they are for as I'm changing the radio over ang thinking one might be a amp
thanks
John

NissanGQ4.2
6th November 2011, 02:47 PM
Hi new to patrols and this forum just hoping someone can help me
I have a 1992 Ti EFI petrol with a auto box and when cleaning the car there are what I think are modules or ECU under the drivers and passengers seat's there is also one on the passenger side firewall in the car just wondering if anyone knows what they are for as I'm changing the radio over ang thinking one might be a amp
thanks
John

The one on the passenger side kick panel is the TCU ( Transmission Control Unit ) http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?2705-GQ-4.2-EFI-TCU-%28-Transmission-Control-Unit-%29

The one on the passenger side firewall is the ECU ( Engine Control Unit ) http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?2706-GQ-4.2-EFI-ECU-%28-Engine-Control-Unit-%29

The one under the passenger seat I do believe is the amp for the Original Nissan stereo.

Cheers

Todd

poltac
6th November 2011, 09:14 PM
Found the engine ecu on the passenger firewall and the trans ecu behind the passengers kick panel but there is is one under each front seat. One could be for the radio amp but i'm at a lost what the other on would be both are alum cased with heat fins on them and look genuine
thanks
john

NissanGQ4.2
6th November 2011, 09:35 PM
Found the engine ecu on the passenger firewall and the trans ecu behind the passengers kick panel but there is is one under each front seat. One could be for the radio amp but i'm at a lost what the other on would be both are alum cased with heat fins on them and look genuine
thanks
john

I'm pretty sure there both amps, can you see a part number on them?

poltac
6th November 2011, 09:40 PM
I'll see if i can find any numbers on them

poltac
6th November 2011, 09:57 PM
the one under the drivers seat when unplugged cuts out the front speakers but cause the rear ones dont work unable see if it is hooked up to them
the passenger side module does nothing when disconnected unless it is for the rear speakers

NissanGQ4.2
7th November 2011, 06:39 PM
Here you go John,

If you can't view the pics because you haven't got 25 posts yet, just PM me your email addy and I will email them 2 you

Cheers

Todd

poltac
7th November 2011, 08:27 PM
Thanks Todd that explains also why the seat vibrates, the one under the drivers seat is the woofer just have to work out why the other is not doing anything
also were did you get the pictures from if you dont mind me asking
Thanks
john

NissanGQ4.2
7th November 2011, 08:49 PM
Thanks Todd that explains also why the seat vibrates, the one under the drivers seat is the woofer just have to work out why the other is not doing anything
also were did you get the pictures from if you dont mind me asking
Thanks
john

The pics are from a program called Nissan Fast, Great program for checking part numbers and vehicle specifications, Originally used by Nissan Dealers, think it only covers year models 1988 GQ till 2007 GQ and GU as far as I'm aware.

The program can be found here http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?2383-Nissan-Fast-E-Fast-Software-Download&highlight=nissan+fast but you will need your 25 posts before you can download it.

Cheers

Todd

poltac
9th November 2011, 01:36 AM
Hi Todd anychance of a pic of the heater core for a 11/92 TI patrol as I need to replace the one in the car and someone said there are 2 different types
Thanks
John