PDA

View Full Version : just bought an MQ with all the bells and whistles!

boggy2006
3rd November 2011, 10:50 PM
....just paid the deposit and the guy's going to drive it over to me on Sunday.

It's got everything I'd want in a 4x4, but is a bit rough so will need a bit of work to get it road worthied. Got it fairly cheap (assuming I don't find any real nasties). Bit rusty underneath, but couldn't see any rot yet.
It's a 3.3 turbo diesel, SWB, front and rear detroit lockers, 5 speed manual, snorkel, 24v system, 2 seater, cargo barrier, 12000lb winch, some spares including an intercooler, low range gear box (I mean low, low. 1st gear low barely sees the wheels rotating!) and an awesome sounding exhaust. Engine is really smooth. 3" body lift which will probably need to come off, but will get it all tidy and painted underneath first whilst there's plenty of clearance under the body. Could be a lot of work to get it sorted, but then adding all the extras it's got would have been very expensive and difficult too. I drove it around and seemed fine, apart from pull to the left, could be the rear locker kicking in or suspension/wheel alignment. Not sure yet.

Will post some pics once I have it.

Glad to be getting another Patrol and to be back on the forum!

growler2058
3rd November 2011, 10:55 PM
Sounds like a bloody nice truck mate with a lot of the hard mech work done

Clunk
3rd November 2011, 11:33 PM
great stuff mate, looking forward to seeing some piccies

Silver
4th November 2011, 01:57 AM
sounds like its got all the gear. Be good to see a pic or two when you are ready.

Bigrig
4th November 2011, 04:05 AM
Looking forward to the happy snaps mate - sounds like you scored a beauty!!

nowoolies
4th November 2011, 05:15 AM
sounds like you have scored a winner mate

piccies we luv piccies....lol

Sir Roofy
4th November 2011, 07:45 AM
sounds like a ready made dream for you

boggy2006
4th November 2011, 08:06 AM
thanks all, not sure how much work it will need until I start diggin', so not quite the dream yet! LOL. Will post some pics when I get it.