PDA

View Full Version : tyres GU ST 2.8

Rhys04
2nd November 2011, 09:26 PM
how ya doin all... look ive got a 98 GU ST 2.8... ive only had this car a short time and i think its time for some upgrades lol..
to start off id like to get some bigger tyres 32 or 33 inch depending on price and time...
also looking to add a 2 inch lift as well...
what id like to know is whether its better to get a lift first then the tyres or the tyres first then the lift...
currently im only doin beach driving but im looking to getting into some serious touring during my RnR..
any advice would be much appreciated

YNOT
2nd November 2011, 10:04 PM
The risk with doing tyres first especially if you fit 33's is the fronts may scrub on full lock. Even with a 2" lift you may still need radius arm spacers for clearence.

Tony

Rhys04
3rd November 2011, 12:55 AM
cheers mate i'll have a look into it

Shaunous
1st January 2012, 07:29 PM
The risk with doing tyres first especially if you fit 33's is the fronts may scrub on full lock. Even with a 2" lift you may still need radius arm spacers for clearence.

Tony

Hi Tony,
Im only wanting a 2inch lift as I'm not going to get into constant crazy driving, mainly only touring, are 33'' & 32'' tyres going to scrub out with only a 2'' lift?

Cheers,
Shaun....

gqt
2nd January 2012, 10:09 AM
something like this helps with your clearance for the tires ;)

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?5497-Roadrunner-15mm-radius-arm-spacers

Gnasher
30th April 2012, 09:31 AM
Hiya, be intreested in how you go, as I have the same truck. I want to do mainly sand, and wont go crazy in tyre height with the little 2.8, but was thinking more of a 10" rim with good off-set, and see how wide I can go in tyre, (at 33"), then custom build some flares to cover, should give me some nice float over the soft stuff.