PDA

View Full Version : How to tell lift height?

moonraker
2nd November 2011, 03:46 PM
Have a GU 1998 Patrol 190K, was looking at renewing the shocks, it has nissan Ul15 56210 VB010 at rear and 56110 in front. Remembered the fellow I bought it off said it was raised, I thought he said 3", but that would need different shocks, would it not? How can I tell what lift extension height it is? Regards and thanks Brissy owner

growler2058
2nd November 2011, 06:50 PM
Mate if someone was not knowledgeable or just dodgy youy could 'lift' the springs and not the shocks. Big problem when the spring wants to out travel the shock your shockies are getting hammered. You must match your shocks to your springs for maximum safety and performance

wildgu6
2nd November 2011, 08:07 PM
Love the flex (avatar) there Growler, looks like you just dropped an axle...*L*

Welcome Brissy owner, drop by the intro section mate and intro' yourself to our members and im sure one of the guru's could tell you what you want to know
Only way i can suggest buddy, is check std height in GU specs and where measured from and re-measure current.

Cheers Pete

moonraker
4th November 2011, 10:00 AM
Further to my lift height query, my GU measures front number of spring coils 7 to bearers, fitted spring height L 265mm R 250mm, Wheel Rim centre to guard L560mm R520mm, some tools etc in back prob account for difference with driver side wear. Any members sizes with known standard or lift height would be much appreciated thanks

sr06
10th November 2011, 11:03 PM
there should be a code on the spring due to saging over time i'm not sure if the tape would be spot on but could be wrong i'd take it to someone and ask if they can find out the code to match the lift. not sure if it will help i just put a 3" in today in my truck and before ride height was 885mm all round from ground to bottom of flare but extra's will play with that to good luck

MudRunnerTD
10th November 2011, 11:16 PM
......... not sure if it will help i just put a 3" in today in my truck and before ride height was 885mm all round from ground to bottom of flare but extra's will play with that to good luck

Your better off measuring from the centre of your hub mate, the size of your tyre then become irrelevant. From the centre hub will account for tyre wear, tyre size. For your records and comparison definitely go centre of hub to underside of flare.

Cheers

sr06
19th November 2011, 06:48 PM
Your better off measuring from the centre of your hub mate, the size of your tyre then become irrelevant. From the centre hub will account for tyre wear, tyre size. For your records and comparison definitely go centre of hub to underside of flare.

Cheers

yah i throught about that after thanks

Bucky
21st November 2011, 08:58 PM
there is a document that the rta use that has all of these factory measurements in it as in ride hight and track. I'll see if i can hunt it down