PDA

View Full Version : Dash, auto gear stick and fog lights not working GQ, Help needed

Warnie
31st October 2011, 11:02 AM
Hey guys,

My dash lights, auto gear stick lights and fog lights are not working on my 1995 ST GQ, they all went at the same time, I didn't see it happen, one day they worked next they didn't. So I guess they are all connected. My fuel warning light and check oil and all of those lights work and so does the radio lights.

If anyone knows what it could be pleas let me know, thanks in advance. Adam

Yendor
31st October 2011, 11:26 AM
I would start by checking your fuses and then your dash light dimmer switch (if fitted).

Warnie
31st October 2011, 11:31 AM
Yeah all fuses in the drivers footwell are fine and the dimmer is fine also.

rkinsey
31st October 2011, 12:08 PM
Hey guys,

My dash lights, auto gear stick lights and fog lights are not working on my 1995 ST GQ, they all went at the same time, I didn't see it happen, one day they worked next they didn't. So I guess they are all connected. My fuel warning light and check oil and all of those lights work and so does the radio lights.

If anyone knows what it could be pleas let me know, thanks in advance. Adam

Hi Warnie,

I had a similar issue in my 97 GQ where my dash lights all went out.

I checked the fuse box and looked at the ledgend to see which fuze ran the accessories lights but it was not listed at all. In the end I had to check each one and found that they are connected to the same circiut as my tail lights.

Just start pulling each fuze one at a time and replace any broken ones. You'll find it.

Cheers,

Rob

Warnie
31st October 2011, 01:11 PM
Hi Warnie,

I had a similar issue in my 97 GQ where my dash lights all went out.

I checked the fuse box and looked at the ledgend to see which fuze ran the accessories lights but it was not listed at all. In the end I had to check each one and found that they are connected to the same circiut as my tail lights.

Just start pulling each fuze one at a time and replace any broken ones. You'll find it.

Cheers,

Rob

My tail lights work and I have checked every fuse in the footwell. I am stumped

Yendor
31st October 2011, 11:00 PM
Yeah all fuses in the drivers footwell are fine and the dimmer is fine also.
Have you checked for blown bulbs???

Warnie
7th November 2011, 10:27 AM
Ok, so on the drive back from the sunny coast last night I found out that my parkers aren't working also, but I have brake lights. This confuses me even more. I have no speedo, gear stick, front fog lights or rear parkers, has anyone got any idea what it is??? Dodgy wiring maybe, I'm confused.

First Nissan
7th November 2011, 02:20 PM
I would swap out that tail light fuse(sometimes they look ok but are not). According to my wiring diagram that is a likely cause. Failing that it could be the light switch. Nissan didn't waste money using relays therefore the switches cop all the work.

Good luck
Richard

Warnie
7th November 2011, 03:10 PM
Thanks man will do, tail light fuse.

It looked fine but when changed was broken. Such an easy fix, I feel a little silly now lol