PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!! keys locked in car

Ian2011
29th October 2011, 09:27 AM
Whilst trying to solve the problem outlined below, I now have another issue. Apparently if you pull out the ignition fuseable link whilst the doors are closed with the keys in the ignition, all the freakin doors lock :( I have the bonnet open and have tried to apply pos power into the wires going to the door loom but with no success, lights up indicators only. Does any one out there know how to activate door locks from under the bonnet on a 1999 gu 2.8

Was away last week and the wifey was driving the troll when she said she lost all power steering, batt light came on, and sub fuel tank light came on, she claims engine was still running although I think it may have been running on as she did not depress clutch, there was also a wierd noise (her words) which may have been engine running out of fuel. After pulling she switched off restarted and drove home. I have looked at the car and there are no obvious faults, belt,s plugs (electrical) and no ECM light. Car starts and drives no worries. To me it sounds like the car actually switched off and when ignition was reset it simply started again.

Any help appreciated

YNOT
29th October 2011, 10:40 AM
Time to call RACV, then an auto sparky to sort out your gremlins.

You may need to ground one of the wires going to the door actuators but I don't know which one.

Tony

PS, always a good idea to leave one window down when working on a car, but you probably already figured that out!

Yendor
29th October 2011, 03:13 PM
What colour wires do you have in the door loom? is there a blue wire with a red trace and a blue wire?

If so you could try giving the blue wire with the red trace a positive and the blue wire an earth.

With the cutting out problem, there is an ignition relay mounted above the internal fuse box that can cause problems.

Also did you end up getting the crank angle sensor replaced?

Ian2011
29th October 2011, 03:58 PM
Yendor,

The drivers door has a red/green and a black only, pass side has a couple of additional wires for antanne. I have tried feeding power and an additional earth with no success apart from actually lighting the indicators up. I will have a look at the ignition relay if I ever get the car open, I haven't had a chance to do carank angle sensor yet as I have been away for the last couple of weeks.

Yendor
29th October 2011, 04:01 PM
Does your vehicle have keyless entry (a remote)?

NissanGQ4.2
29th October 2011, 04:07 PM
Buy a GQ, my car unlocks with 95 percent of anyone elses car keys *L* I have even unlocked and started my mates Mav with my GQ Keys. Got 2 love security :)

Sorry can't help you on this one, just break into 2 it old skool style, its not that hard *L*

Yendor
29th October 2011, 04:19 PM
By the sounds of it I don't think the harness you can see is the door loom harness.

Have you tried what Todd has suggested?

Get some large screw drivers (with rags or something to protect the paint) and pry open the top of the door frame.

Then with an old wire coat hanger with a hook on it, feed it down the hole and try and work the unlock button on the drivers door.

T0nka
29th October 2011, 04:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H17kLN8hdao

NissanGQ4.2
29th October 2011, 04:25 PM
That's gold Tonka, p!ssing myself with laughter

Ian2011
29th October 2011, 04:31 PM
Yes it is keyless entry, I am assuming I have the right loom as I cannot see any other looms going into the front guards but the wires dont match the schematic in the manual

Yendor
29th October 2011, 04:47 PM
I think you have the harness that just goes to the indicators in the guard.

I just had a look at my series 4 and it would be very hard to see the door harness when looking from the front wheel arch with only the plastic inner wheel arch guard removed.

Ian2011
29th October 2011, 04:57 PM
Turns out its the loom for side indicators and arial

Ian2011
29th October 2011, 04:59 PM
yendor,

before I go pulling archs out, will I actually be able to get to the loom or should I just get the screwdrivers out and as most suggested do it the old fashioned way

Yendor
29th October 2011, 05:02 PM
yendor,

before I go pulling archs out, will I actually be able to get to the loom or should I just get the screwdrivers out and as most suggested do it the old fashioned way

On my series 4 I don't think you will be able to get to the door harness without removing the guard and to remove the guard you need to have the door open.

Ian2011
29th October 2011, 05:03 PM
nice, looks like old fashioned way then

Cheers

Yendor
29th October 2011, 05:07 PM
Just take your time and use gentle pressure when prying the door frame out.

Clunk
29th October 2011, 06:58 PM
Sounds like it time to to get a second set made up................. sorry mate I'm no help as always, I've just called the RAC when that's happened

Ian2011
29th October 2011, 07:22 PM
Thanks all for the advice, all I can say is that after two beers, over 200 expletives (not to be said in front of the kids), I have managed to get in with the help of the old trusty coat hanger, now I just have tio figure out the original problem

Cheers

Yendor
29th October 2011, 07:30 PM
That's great news, good stuff.

NissanGQ4.2
29th October 2011, 08:00 PM
Thanks all for the advice, all I can say is that after two beers, over 200 expletives (not to be said in front of the kids), I have managed to get in with the help of the old trusty coat hanger, now I just have tio figure out the original problem

Cheers

Is that all......told you 2 just do it the old skool way, so much easier than mucking around with remotes *L*

davejones
23rd February 2012, 12:42 AM
I've been locked out by a 2 year old at Farina ruins in SA on a hot day. Now there's a spare cut & cable tied somewhere on both my vehicles. Much simpler.

Dave

ashhunter
12th January 2016, 06:00 PM
I removed one of the rear quarter windows when keys were locked in my car. I got the idea from whoever broke into my Patrol and nicked stuff!

Oversize
14th January 2016, 07:43 AM
I have done it, called RACQ, and the dude couldn't do it but he had the wire and the woopy bags so while he was reading his man-ual I did it...