PDA

View Full Version : Starting Cold

benno_84
24th August 2010, 09:53 PM
Hi guys,

I know this is probably a pretty dumb question or topic but here goes anyway.

I have noticed that when I start my GU cold it tends to idle a little rough for about 5 seconds before stabilizing at its regular idle.

I have been told this is common with diesel motors and is due to unburnt diesel being present in the engine. I was just wondering if this is indeed normal and also wondering if someone can provide me with a more detailed explanation of this.

Thanks

locks
25th August 2010, 08:34 AM
I think it's a common thing with diesels Benno. At least the last 3 diesels ive had do that on cold mornngs. Just gotta hold down the accelerator a whisker to pick the revs up and all is good.

Unless Ive had 3 similar problems in the last 3 diesels...haha, Does anyone else have a better explanation for this?

Finly Owner
25th August 2010, 10:40 PM
any input Tony?

majjic
11th December 2014, 08:29 PM
I'm experiencing this with my ZD30 CRD, even in the afternoon on a hot day, not sure if I should be worried...

taslucas
11th December 2014, 09:12 PM
Definitely more qualified people to answer this than me but I think there may be a fuel pump hot start mod you can do.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will be along soon

majjic
11th December 2014, 09:18 PM
Thanks taslucas, I'll be keeping an eye out

4bye4
11th December 2014, 09:42 PM
Whats a cold morning?

Pokey
11th December 2014, 09:48 PM
Mine has a few times if I haven't glowed it enough. Maybe a glow plug issue? And yeah we get some pretty cold mornings here. I usually just start mine then hit the "warm up" button while I make a coffee and she's good to go for the day

majjic
11th December 2014, 10:17 PM
Mine did it today after work, around 6pm. Was around 23 degrees