PDA

View Full Version : GQ parts that are compatible with MQ'ss

BenGood
25th October 2011, 05:43 AM
Can anyone list for me which parts from a GQ will fit straight onto my old MQ?

Finly Owner
26th October 2011, 11:15 PM
wheels, cb, uhf, aerials, side window, seats, head lights. some hubs,

Tim

Silver
27th October 2011, 12:43 AM
wheels, cb, uhf, aerials, side window, seats, head lights. some hubs,

Tim

given the minimal changes to the body, I wonder whether the bodies, esp early Mavs like Silver would fit reasonably easily?

MQ MAD
27th October 2011, 09:00 PM
Windscreen, front cowl panel (bit under windscreen)
Round 7 " headlights
Front guards, with mods
Front doors,rear doors,wheels,internal window winder handles
Door trims should, havent checked
Bonnet ,altho look the same DO NOT
The hinges are mounted differently
GQ console fits MQ/MK , with minimal mods,ive done it in the ute

YNOT
27th October 2011, 10:18 PM
given the minimal changes to the body, I wonder whether the bodies, esp early Mavs like Silver would fit reasonably easily?

I have seen a few GQ wagon bodies on MQ/MK chassis so it can be done. I have not been able to talk to the owners of these vehicles so I don't know how easy it was to do.

Tony

Finly Owner
1st November 2011, 12:25 AM
I nearly sent this answer but the question hadn't been asked. Bugger, beaten again! LOL

Tim

Michelle
4th November 2011, 12:50 PM
What about bull bars???
Cheers Michelle

MQ MAD
10th November 2011, 08:26 PM
What about bull bars???
Cheers Michelle

Depending IF the bullbar mounting brackets are fixed on the bullbar
IF they are removeable and can be modded, sure anything can fit
IF the brackets are fixed to the bullbar as a simple bolt up,no
MQ/MK bullbars are cheap that cheap that i cant give em away, send em to scrappie

Finly Owner
10th November 2011, 11:52 PM
I have a nice polished alloy one for sale Michelle.

Tim

MudRunnerTD
11th November 2011, 12:04 AM
I have got a mate that has an MK (Square headlights?) with at 308 conversion including adaptor plate that he is just about to strip. I has a steel bar similar to an ARB GQ bar on it. I have encouraged him to bring the list here when he is ready to strip it, maybe in the next couple of weeks. It has a bit of rust in the body, the conversion was Engineered in NSW and would need to be redone in Vic so unfortunately it is not worth getting it going at this end as its fully out of reg and was bought unregistered and transferred on that basis.

Anyone looking for a 308 Conversion, sing out.

MQ MAD
11th November 2011, 03:02 PM
I have got a mate that has an MK (Square headlights?) with at 308 conversion including adaptor plate that he is just about to strip. I has a steel bar similar to an ARB GQ bar on it. I have encouraged him to bring the list here when he is ready to strip it, maybe in the next couple of weeks. It has a bit of rust in the body, the conversion was Engineered in NSW and would need to be redone in Vic so unfortunately it is not worth getting it going at this end as its fully out of reg and was bought unregistered and transferred on that basis.

Anyone looking for a 308 Conversion, sing out.

Let me know how he goes with parts and prices
Ive a SWB here doin nothin but killing the grass (ex diesel)just cant get my head around what to do with it, been looking for a 5 speed petrol bellhousing for ages,got spare petrol donks here, but that bellhousing is hard to find
It could be cheaper to go something else
Mite even go an ED falcon donk yet,picked a complete driving ED for $100
Those 4L sixs go hard

Finly Owner
11th November 2011, 11:21 PM
Let me know how he goes with parts and prices
Ive a SWB here doin nothin but killing the grass (ex diesel)just cant get my head around what to do with it, been looking for a 5 speed petrol bellhousing for ages,got spare petrol donks here, but that bellhousing is hard to find
It could be cheaper to go something else
Mite even go an ED falcon donk yet,picked a complete driving ED for $100
Those 4L sixs go hard
Kat had a adaptor housing for a falcon motor a while ago, although I think it was for ol OG motor from what I understood.

Tim

Michelle
15th November 2011, 11:03 AM
Depending IF the bullbar mounting brackets are fixed on the bullbar
IF they are removeable and can be modded, sure anything can fit
IF the brackets are fixed to the bullbar as a simple bolt up,no
MQ/MK bullbars are cheap that cheap that i cant give em away, send em to scrappie

I have a nice polished alloy one for sale Michelle.

Tim

Thanks guys just sick of looking at that ugly bull bar on my ol girl lol, not that I'm at that stage of replacing it yet, got a lot more on my list of to do's befor i get there.
Tim if I could get it here cheap enough I would be interested in it but for now I'm just looking not much on ebay at th min even then I would need to find one in my area so I will just keep my eyes and ears open for one at the right price Cheers
Michelle

Finly Owner
16th November 2011, 12:43 AM
Anyone help Michelle out getting a nice bullbar to her in Vic from me in Qld?

Tim

Michelle
17th November 2011, 09:27 PM
I had a trukie mate that did interstate runs up that way, but he swaped jobs about 3-4 months ago and now stays in vic oh well never mind something will pop up :)

MQ MAD
21st November 2011, 06:56 PM
Tim if I could get it here cheap enough I would be interested in it but for now I'm just looking not much on ebay at th min even then I would need to find one in my area so I will just keep my eyes and ears open for one at the right price Cheers
Michelle

If Tim can help ya out ,he will
Failling that , post up wanted adds on forums
Youll be surprised who and what pops up in your area

Michelle
22nd November 2011, 10:44 AM
Thanks, would like to get her on the road first, what should I expect to pay for a good looking bull bar? Do you know? :)

Finly Owner
23rd November 2011, 12:33 AM
we had a member here who bought some gear off me, was interstater, but haven;t seen him since he sold MQ. I haven't got any old PM's from him either.

Tim

MQ MAD
9th December 2011, 05:00 PM
Thanks, would like to get her on the road first, what should I expect to pay for a good looking bull bar? Do you know? :)

Theres a few on egay from time to time,some rather cheap under $100, some just well overpriced that keep getting relisted

Just depends if the right one you find your willing to pay the asking price