PDA

View Full Version : Oil Pump TB42efi

PT Paul
19th October 2011, 10:25 AM
Hey to all who will listen. Is the oil pump something thats readily replaced or rebuilt or never breaks?
If the oil pressure gauge at idol hovers just above zero and at revs floats between first line and the 4 line, is that right? How do you get oil pressure tested? Any info would be appreciated.TB42efi, 20w-50 castrol GTX.

taslucas
19th October 2011, 12:45 PM
Hi mate. Alot of people have the same happening with the oil pressure gauge. It is very common for the oil pressure sender to be faulty. It can get damaged when submerged in water and i think a lot just fail after time. Im sure there are a lot of members here that will say they have been driving for years with the gauge showing low pressure due to the oil pressure sender unit becoming faulty.
Mine never shows over 2. If it has happened all of a sudden, it may be worth getting checked out.
Im in the same situation, id like to get it tested properly just to have the piece of mind.

Goodluck,

Lucas

NissanGQ4.2
19th October 2011, 03:45 PM
Hi Paul

X 2 with Lucas, I have a 92 GQ 4.2efi and the gauge reads the same as yours, if your worried about it your better of getting it tested first then taking it from there.

I'm not concerned with mine but when the money permits will be fitting a better oil pressure gauge

Cheers

Todd

Bigrig
19th October 2011, 07:33 PM
Hey to all who will listen. Is the oil pump something thats readily replaced or rebuilt or never breaks?
If the oil pressure gauge at idol hovers just above zero and at revs floats between first line and the 4 line, is that right? How do you get oil pressure tested? Any info would be appreciated.TB42efi, 20w-50 castrol GTX.

Tb42e and mine does zachery the same mate!!!

cliff
5th November 2011, 07:22 PM
I would be looking at changing it out surely they aren't that expensive. I have not done it because mine pressure sensor must be still working.