PDA

View Full Version : How To Ask a Question or How To Upload Photos.

AB
21st August 2010, 09:36 PM
FIND THE CATEGORY THAT BEST SUITS YOUR QUESTION. YOU WILL GET A BETTER RESPONSE IF YOUR QUESTION IS IN THE RIGHT CATEGORY SO CHOOSE WISELY. SEE BELOW FOR EXAMPLE. http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/08/28.jpg
TO POST A QUESTION OR COMMENT CLICK ON "POST NEW THREAD" SEE BELOW FOR EXAMPLE...http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/08/29.jpg
TYPE THE TITLE OF YOUR QUESTION/COMMENT. TYPE THE INFORMATION YOU WANT TO SHARE WITH US AND IF YOU WANT TO SHOW US A PHOTO THEN SEE BELOW.http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/08/30.jpg
NOW, THERE ARE TWO WAYS TO SHOW US PHOTOS. ONE WAY IS TO SHOW A PICTURE THAT IS OFF ANOTHER WEBSITE AND THE OTHER WAY IS TO SHOW A PICTURE FROM YOUR COMPUTER. SEE BELOW.http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/08/31.jpg
TO SHOW A PICTURE FROM YOUR COMPUTER THEN SEE BELOW.http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/08/32.jpg
TO SHOW A PICTURE FROM ANOTHER WEBSITE THEN YOU MUST FIND THE PICTURE FROM THAT SITE, RIGHT CLICK YOUR MOUSE BUTTON WHEN YOUR CURSOR IS ON TOP OF THE PICTURE AND SELECT "PROPERTIES". THEN COPY THE URL WHICH WILL LOOK LIKE THIS http://www.picturetocopy.com.au/saturdaynight..JPG (http://www.picturetocopy.com.au/saturdaynight..JPG).
NOW, PASTE THIS INTO THE BAR AS SHOWN BELOWhttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/08/33.jpg
IF YOU STILL NEED HELP THEN JUST REPLY TO THIS THREAD!

IF YOU CANNOT POST ANYTHING THEN JUST EMAIL US AT info@nissanpatrol.com.au (info@nissanpatrol.com.au)

dogans
29th September 2010, 08:07 PM
nice nice nice

Belly
4th October 2010, 07:25 PM
I'll get mine uploaded as soon as I can.
Looking forward to the converstaions

TOECUTTER
20th October 2010, 05:33 PM
Been trying to upload photos from my computer, but the file is too large, any smaller and they are too hard to see or the quality is cr@p.

Pretty annoying WTF am I doing wrong???

Cheers

TC

NissanGQ4.2
20th October 2010, 06:52 PM
Been trying to upload photos from my computer, but the file is too large, any smaller and they are too hard to see or the quality is cr@p.

Cheers

TC

what do you mean by to large???? What Browser are you using??? I know i have troubles with mine, I use Minefield which is a beta version on Firefox. If you have another browser try uploading with the other one.

patch697
20th October 2010, 08:23 PM

Cheers

TC

You can down size your pics using paint. you will be fine to upload pic of around 250 to 350 or so MP's.

If you need help with this please post back here & one of the management team will contact you be PM (personal message) to help you.

Cheers
Paul

AB
20th October 2010, 08:27 PM
I just changed something TC in the settings, can you please try again and see if that works.

I allowed bigger pics to be uploaded so let me know how you go mate.

TOECUTTER
25th October 2010, 09:19 PM
Hey all,

I will try your suggestions shortly, I have been a little tied up with stuff.

AB...no I wont throw my MAC in the bin I a have three PC's in the house :1087: and I love the MAC:bigthumbup:

If I feel the need to revert back to the stone age, I will consider logging back in to one of the PC's to try the other suggestion, but for the sake of sanity, I will leave it for a while.

Cheers

TC

AB
25th October 2010, 09:28 PM
haha...I was waiting for a Mac operator to give me some curry...Well done mate!

Only tried Macs a few times and It's all backwards for me...lol. I do know they are good computers though!

I'm sure theres a default paint program on Macs and the same principal would apply I guess.

If not, blow off the cobwebs mate and fire up the old donk and she'll serve you well!!!...haha

NissanGQ4.2
25th October 2010, 09:31 PM
Hey all,

I will try your suggestions shortly, I have been a little tied up with stuff.

AB...no I wont throw my MAC in the bin I a have three PC's in the house :1087: and I love the MAC:bigthumbup:

If I feel the need to revert back to the stone age, I will consider logging back in to one of the PC's to try the other suggestion, but for the sake of sanity, I will leave it for a while.

Cheers

TC

whats a MAC??? is that something you get at McDonald's?????

ikril
7th December 2010, 03:28 AM
ok good and simple i'm ready to upload the pictures but i have to resize them

my third 256
24th December 2010, 06:24 AM
having problems putting pictures up
when i click on insert picture itonly shows web message and to insert url address no tab to insert from computer
can you help please stephen
i can do it with attachments only

Bigrig
24th December 2010, 09:04 AM
G'day mate - use the 'go advanced' option on the bottom right if the photos are on your PC ... once in it, you can add images individually ... I'll have a hunt for a thread that outlines for you ...

AB
24th December 2010, 09:42 AM
G'day mate - use the 'go advanced' option on the bottom right if the photos are on your PC ... once in it, you can add images individually ... I'll have a hunt for a thread that outlines for you ...

I dont think I have made one for the go advanced button so this thread above is pretty much useless...lol

Ill have to find time to create one usin the "go advanced" button...

Cheers Scotty.

my third 256
24th December 2010, 10:49 PM
no same thing wont show tab to my comp /only internet
stephen

AB
24th December 2010, 11:05 PM
no same thing wont show tab to my comp /only internet
stephen

Hi Stephen, in the "go advanced" section you will notice this symbol http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/editor/attach.png

The paerclip icon allows you to "attach" photos to a post.

try that and let us know how you go.

The paperclip should be the main icon to use when uploading photos.

WHITEGQ
13th April 2011, 10:09 PM
Hi, I tried to add some pictures to my members rides post, I clicked on the little symbol and it just asked for the website, I coulnt just add them from my computer, any help with would be great.
With Thanks Jeff.

katwoman
13th April 2011, 10:15 PM
hey Jeff,
after you go into 'go advanced'
there should be a lttle paperclip symbol, click on that and you can download from your computer
Says attachments, next to smiley face

katwoman
20th April 2011, 01:28 AM
Can You PM photo's ? If so, how ?
Nothing dodgy, I promise.
Not url.
From my computer

Clunk
20th April 2011, 01:34 AM
Can You PM photo's ? If so, how ?
Nothing dodgy, I promise.
Not url.
From my computer

I already told you Kat, just ask Nowoolies hahahahaha

Sorry for the Hi-jack but I just couldn't resist....... back to Night shift now

69darocket
8th May 2011, 08:50 PM
i'm pretty sure it's just me but i'm having some drama's uploading pics for some people. i've looked for the "paper clip" and when i click on the "insert image" tab it asks for a url addy but there from my pc. just wondering do i need to have posted a certain amount of threads or be given access to this option.
thanks heaps
rod

Bigrig
8th May 2011, 08:59 PM
i'm pretty sure it's just me but i'm having some drama's uploading pics for some people. i've looked for the "paper clip" and when i click on the "insert image" tab it asks for a url addy but there from my pc. just wondering do i need to have posted a certain amount of threads or be given access to this option.
thanks heaps
rod

Hey mate - on the bottom right of the post box is a "go advanced" option - you can select insert picture from the advanced post and choose them from your pc - I'll have a hunt for the actual instructions as they are on here somewhere, but have a squiz in the meantime and let us know how you go!
Cheers
Scotty

Bigrig
8th May 2011, 09:01 PM
I just cut and paste this from one of AB's posts:

If you get stuck, at the very bottom right of the screen just click "Go Advanced".

This will give you more options when posting a message.

If you click on the http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/editor/attach.png symbol and then press "add files". Then select the files from your computer to add....They will then pop up in the little window below that and then click "insert attachment".

69darocket
8th May 2011, 09:13 PM
aarrrgghh. still stuck. i've tried the "go advanced" still no luck. comes up with a few more options but no "paperclip".

thanks for your help in advance. rod

Bigrig
8th May 2011, 09:14 PM
aarrrgghh. still stuck. i've tried the "go advanced" still no luck. comes up with a few more options but no "paperclip".

thanks for your help in advance. rod

Sorry boss - not sure what's going on there. Might be time for a quick flash video link for these types of questions. I'll see what I can do.

69darocket
8th May 2011, 09:18 PM
thanks heaps mate. people asking for some pics and i'd like to try and sell some parts of the mav. is there a setting that i need to click on perhaps ?

69darocket
8th May 2011, 09:26 PM
is the a way to upgrade my posting permission to allow inserting of attachments please

i just noticed that my [img]code is on, not allowing attachments. i dare say it'll be in settings somewhere

Sir Roofy
8th May 2011, 10:43 PM
here it is mate next to the smiley in go advanced

69darocket
10th May 2011, 08:02 PM
i ahte to be the bearer of bad news, but it isn't there. there's all the font stuff, smilies,undo/redo and spell check. please help ! lol.

thanks heaps mate

rod white

AB
10th May 2011, 08:24 PM
i ahte to be the bearer of bad news, but it isn't there. there's all the font stuff, smilies,undo/redo and spell check. please help ! lol.

thanks heaps mate

rod white

Hey mate, took me a while to figure this one out...lol

You didn't confirm your email address when you signed up which puts you in a caetgory that restricts you from doing things...I need to change that.

Anyways, your in the right category now....Give that a whirl!

macca86
6th June 2011, 08:32 PM
I have created an album and can't seem to get photo's on the album I keep gatting macca86, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

You are either not logged in or have not confirmed your email address when you signed up. Please make sure you are signed in and that you confirmed the email that was sent to you when you signed up.

I am signed in and have signed up correctly ( I have tried the email link twice and says it was successful)

My jpeg images are smaller than the maximum size what has gone wrong?

AB
6th June 2011, 08:44 PM
Hi Macca, I just changed something so see how you go now mate.

Don't forget to let us know if you did put some photos up in the album as a lot of people might not know to see your pics there.

Also, feel free to put some pics of your rig in the members ride section and any random photos you have you can also post in the "Members videos and photos section" as well.

Let us know how you go anyway mate.

macca86
7th June 2011, 05:15 PM
I've tried several time now and get the same database error message. what else can I do to try get it to work?

macca86
7th June 2011, 05:17 PM

You didn't confirm your email address when you signed up which puts you in a caetgory that restricts you from doing things...I need to change that.

am I in the same boat?

AB
7th June 2011, 07:39 PM
Hi mate, no I changed you manually into the right spot so you should be ok now.

Are you still having problems?

I think you would be better off putting pictures into "members rides" and into the forum rather then the albums as the members never know you have put pictures in there and you'll get much better feedback in the forum rather then the albums.

scotty83
7th June 2011, 08:30 PM

I seem to be having the same problem. I have even gone back the the reg email and tried clicking it again. (insert from web is the only option i get for images. Hoping someone can help me out.

Scotty

AB
7th June 2011, 09:05 PM
I seem to be having the same problem. I have even gone back the the reg email and tried clicking it again. (insert from web is the only option i get for images. Hoping someone can help me out.

Scotty

Hi Scotty, you need to click on the "Go Advanced" button at the bottom right of screen where you type replies, etc...

This brings up a new way of posting information but with more options.

Just click on this http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/editor/attach.png symbol which will let you attached pictures to the post from your computer.

Let us know if your still having problems mate.

scotty83
7th June 2011, 09:33 PM
I can get to manage attachments (upload images) but i can't figure out how to position them in between text.

AB
7th June 2011, 09:41 PM
I can add images as attachments but i can't possition them in between text. is this normal?

Yeah unfortunately that is normal when attaching pictures from your computer...Not sure why the software doesnt let you do that.

One way to overcome this is by using http://photobucket.com/

A lot of people use photobucket which is a free photo website where you upload your photos to the photobucket site and then copy the URL of each photo and then you can put the photos in between text, etc.

Photobucket is free, just sign up and upload your photos to the site and then copy the URL's to here.

NissanGQ4.2
7th June 2011, 09:41 PM
Go advanced, select the paper clip icon, upload the pics you want

then type some text, then select the paper clip icon again and select the attachment you want 5530

Write some more text, then select the paper clip icon again, select another attachment

Is this what your trying 2 achieve?

AB
7th June 2011, 09:43 PM
Go advanced, select the paper clip icon, upload the pics you want

then type some text, then select the paper clip icon again and select the attachment you want 5530

Write some more text, then select the paper clip icon again, select another attachment

Is this what your trying 2 achieve?

But don't all the pics just end up at the bottom of the post anyway?

EDIT: I didn't realise you could do that...haha...Thanks Todd!!!

learn something new every day...haha

NissanGQ4.2
7th June 2011, 09:43 PM
Not sure why the software doesnt let you do that...
Yes it does AB

NissanGQ4.2
7th June 2011, 09:49 PM
But don't all the pics just end up at the bottom of the post anyway?

EDIT: I didn't realise you could do that...haha...Thanks Todd!!!

learn something new every day...haha

No worries AB, That's the only way i do it, the only thing i hate is it doesn't use my original file names, would make it so much easier when doing multiple pics. Oh well I'm sure there is a logical reason for doing what it does, its something probably 2 do with duplicate files issues

AB
7th June 2011, 09:52 PM
Yep, I assume that this would cause problems if duplicate names were uploaded so it just changes the attachment in numerical order of how many attachments are on the forum, etc.

Kind of like the Y2K bug where the whole world was apparently going to crash...lol

Makes sense I guess!

katwoman
7th June 2011, 09:53 PM
No worries AB, That's the only way i do it, the only thing i hate is it doesn't use my original file names, would make it so much easier when doing multiple pics. Oh well I'm sure there is a logical reason for doing what it does, its something probably 2 do with duplicate files issues

I didnt know that either.. Thanks.
Next question, how come some ppl seem to be able to post nice big pics ( sammigq on toolangi thread) and I can only do the little attachments ??

scotty83
7th June 2011, 09:56 PM
Thanks Todd, can't beleive i didn't figure that out. Was so focused on the attachment part i didn't see the ATTACH tags. Thanks Again Scottu

AB
7th June 2011, 10:01 PM
Next question, how come some ppl seem to be able to post nice big pics ( sammigq on toolangi thread) and I can only do the little attachments ??

I think she used photobucket Kat...When you show a picture that is on another website like photobucket it shows it big.

When you attach a picture to the forum it shows a thumbnail of the picture and you need to click it to make it bigger.

Unfortunately I can't make the thumbnails bigger as it risks crashing the forum.

NissanGQ4.2
7th June 2011, 10:04 PM

who on what thread *L*, will have 2 have a look sorry Kat, bit behind on the forum @ the moment..... could be many things, do you go advanced when doing the post with pics, I'm pretty sure ( if i remember correctly ) and I'm not sure why but it you reply 2 a thread and use the insert image 5536 icon the pics come out smaller than going advanced and using the paper clip 5537 icon.
And also as AB has mentioned Photobucket makes them display bigger

NissanGQ4.2
7th June 2011, 10:09 PM
Thanks Todd, can't beleive i didn't figure that out. Was so focused on the attachment part i didn't see the ATTACH tags. Thanks Again Scottu

No worries Scotty, Its easy 2 focus on something so much the answer could be staring u in the face and u just can't see it, I do it all the time *L*

maverick1
7th June 2011, 10:52 PM
hey AB,
When I try to upload a pic it only asks me from a url not on my computer. This doesn't change even in the advanced. Unfortunately, I don't have a photobucket account and not keen for one either. Is there someway to get this fixed?

AB
8th June 2011, 08:57 AM
hey AB,
When I try to upload a pic it only asks me from a url not on my computer. This doesn't change even in the advanced. Unfortunately, I don't have a photobucket account and not keen for one either. Is there someway to get this fixed?

Hi mate, when you click the go advanced button you need to click the paper clip symbol =http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/editor/attach.png

This allows you to attached pics from your computer.

Bundu
24th July 2013, 12:57 AM
Those Mac who ever they are makes a good lot of Irish whiskey as well. Nice family, makes me feel so good about myself.

Swazi
26th September 2013, 03:26 AM
AB Tks for the helpful write up. I wanted to post some pictures of my rig but am unable to load a photo as it only comes up as the URL input option. My pictues are all on my c-drive. I am pressing the image icon however is does not have the browse option?

Clunk
26th September 2013, 03:55 AM
AB Tks for the helpful write up. I wanted to post some pictures of my rig but am unable to load a photo as it only comes up as the URL input option. My pictues are all on my c-drive. I am pressing the image icon however is does not have the browse option?

Click on the Advanced button, you should be able to see a paper clip symbol, should be able to upload from there

BigRAWesty
26th September 2013, 03:56 AM

In the advanced reply page you need to click the drop down arrow next to the paperclip icon.
This will open the image loader and you can browse the harddrive.
To insert the pic into a certain spot of the write up, once pics are uploaded and you have the cursor where you want the pics click the paperclip and then the image you wish to set in the text.
Hope this helps

AB
26th September 2013, 07:19 PM
It's actually a crappy design, I get asked this question daily through pm and emails.

Why didn't they put that on the main reply page amazes me.

Ill try and see if there is a mod to move it on the main reply section within the threads themselves.

NissanGQ4.2
26th September 2013, 07:48 PM
It's actually a crappy design, I get asked this question daily through pm and emails.

Why didn't they put that on the main reply page amazes me.

Ill try and see if there is a mod to move it on the main reply section within the threads themselves.

Its easy to upload pics, yes crap design, should be able to select multiple files at a time rather than 1by 1.

MC is a crap design, can u find a mod 2 fix that app????

Burto
23rd November 2013, 03:17 PM
Thank you for the instructions, however when I click on the insert image icon, it auto defaults to a request for a URL, does not give offer as indicated in your example
Thanks
Burto

NissanGQ4.2
23rd November 2013, 03:59 PM
Thank you for the instructions, however when I click on the insert image icon, it auto defaults to a request for a URL, does not give offer as indicated in your example
Thanks
Burto

You need you use the paperclip icon not the image icon, read post # 40 in this thread

Cheers

Todd

mudnut
13th December 2013, 06:28 PM
G,day. How do I upload a short video from my computer. The search function has failed me...:(

growler2058
13th December 2013, 06:29 PM
Gotta host it on poo tube or photobucket or similar

mudnut
13th December 2013, 06:32 PM
Awww, shucks. I aint got an account with either.

growler2058
13th December 2013, 06:34 PM
Photobuckets free to set up mate better get mudnutette onto it :)