PDA

View Full Version : air con wiring

whyme
16th October 2011, 10:38 AM
does anyone have a complete air con wiring diagram , my gq missing its thermofan and bugged if I can find the connection wires

Bigrig
16th October 2011, 02:20 PM
does anyone have a complete air con wiring diagram , my gq missing its thermofan and bugged if I can find the connection wires

Email me mate and I'll send you the AC section (as the whole file is pretty big), or you can download the full service manual from the forum under the manuals section ...

bigrig@nissanpatrol.com.au

Yendor
16th October 2011, 03:34 PM
I'm not sure if condenser/ thermo fans where fitted to all GQ (except maybe the TB42E) I could be wrong.

I think the dealer fitted air conditioning received the thermo fan and the factory fitted system did not have one, once again I could be wrong.

So yours may or may not of had one, Have a look in the relay box (under the bonnet, beside the battery) if yours had one it should have a relay marked as something like A/C fan, radiator fan or condenser fan.

If it doesn't have one it doesn't matter, you can easily wire one up. All you need is the fan, a relay and suitable fuse and holder.

Wiring up the relay is easy.

The relay will have numbers next to the terminals, just wire it up as per below.

Terminal 30 to your battery positive via the fuse
Terminal 87 to your thermo fan (other side of thermo fan to earth).
Terminal 85 to earth
Terminal 86 connect this to the single wire that runs to you A/C compressor

Once wired up you will just need to check the fan is moving the air in the correct direction. The easiest way is to turn the fan on and hold a piece of paper in front of it, if it pulls the paper in then its correct.