PDA

View Full Version : Camping out in Nowoolies back yard 12/10/11

Clunk
13th October 2011, 11:25 PM
Just wanted to say a big thank you to Nowoolies and family for inviting me clan out to the farm for an overnight camp out............... was my young uns first time and the enjoyed immensely

On the way
http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l570/clunk71/Camping%2012-10-11/P1010041.jpg

Setting up camp with me $50 tent special from K-Mart
http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l570/clunk71/Camping%2012-10-11/P1010050.jpg
http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l570/clunk71/Camping%2012-10-11/P1010042.jpg

Nowoolies setting up
http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l570/clunk71/Camping%2012-10-11/P1010043-1.jpg
http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l570/clunk71/Camping%2012-10-11/P1010045.jpg

Bloomin fantastic spot to be............. so quiet
http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l570/clunk71/Camping%2012-10-11/P1010046.jpg

The obligatory fire photo (just starting off that is!!!!!)
http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l570/clunk71/Camping%2012-10-11/P1010058.jpg

Bigrig
13th October 2011, 11:27 PM
Love his 'front yard'!! Immensely!!

patch697
13th October 2011, 11:30 PM
Man thats the sh1t right there................................

Clunk
13th October 2011, 11:35 PM
Nowoolies actually doing some w w w w wwwwww for once!!!!!!!!
http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l570/clunk71/Camping%2012-10-11/P1010067.jpg

A little target training......
http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l570/clunk71/Camping%2012-10-11/P1010078.jpg
http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l570/clunk71/Camping%2012-10-11/P1010076.jpg

My attempt at taking some fancy shots of the sunset and full moon................. not very good I'm afraid, I best stick to just being Clunk!!!!!!! hahahahahahaha
http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l570/clunk71/Camping%2012-10-11/P1010049.jpg
http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l570/clunk71/Camping%2012-10-11/P1010052.jpg

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l570/clunk71/Camping%2012-10-11/P1010075.jpg

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l570/clunk71/Camping%2012-10-11/P1010070.jpg

Thanks again Paul, you're a top bloke and we're looking forward to the next time!!!!

growler2058
14th October 2011, 12:13 AM
Sh1t hot mate thats the bloody go! Awesome camp site and a coupla shots for the kids........great. Your sunset n moon shots are fine definately gives the viewer the moment i rekon

DX grunt
14th October 2011, 06:55 AM
Great photo's Clunk. I can feel the peace from here. Best I sort out my roster for a camp out at Paul's place. Love it.

AB
14th October 2011, 08:01 AM
Looks like a great property mate. Love the half cleared half bush properties.

Mine is just full bush...LMAO

snicko
14th October 2011, 08:55 AM
What a great camp site there guys. Pics are excellent as they show what bush camping is all about.

rkinsey
14th October 2011, 11:01 AM
Just wanted to say a big thank you to Nowoolies and family for inviting me clan out to the farm for an overnight camp out............... was my young uns first time and the enjoyed immensely

Nice one Clunk! Nothing wrong with the tent at all, so long as it does its job.

If I may make a suggestion? Grab yourself a tarp and poles and ropes to put over the tent and big enough to give you a bit of a verandah. This will keep you warm in winter by keeping the settling dew off of the tent and cool in summer. It will also prevent the bird sh!t and bat sh!t from hitting the tent that happens from time to time and it is easier to clean a tarp than it is a tent.

Cheers,

Rob

Clunk
14th October 2011, 11:35 AM
Nice one Clunk! Nothing wrong with the tent at all, so long as it does its job.

If I may make a suggestion? Grab yourself a tarp and poles and ropes to put over the tent and big enough to give you a bit of a verandah. This will keep you warm in winter by keeping the settling dew off of the tent and cool in summer. It will also prevent the bird sh!t and bat sh!t from hitting the tent that happens from time to time and it is easier to clean a tarp than it is a tent.

Cheers,

Rob

Cheers Rob, great idea, was thinking about just getting one for over the front. I'm actually reall happy with the el cheapo tent, was alot better than I thought it was gonna be.

Sir Roofy
14th October 2011, 11:43 AM
Thats the way to go family camping and teaching the the kidz
the finer points on target shooting

just luv it

rkinsey
14th October 2011, 11:43 AM
I've got two "el cheapo" ones. 6 man tents. One for the kids and one for us. First time we took em out at Easter about 6 years ago, we froze. Got a 24ft x 24ft tarp from my father and havnt looked back.

Its probably a little big to start out with but I can fit both tents under it, setup a kitchen with stove, BBQ and prep table and a Dining room. Add a few smaller $4 tarps from supercheap auto for wind breaks and we are set.

Silver
14th October 2011, 12:25 PM
nice photos Clunk and Rkinsey.

Interesting scope on the BRNO (?) Clunk.

Shade cloth makes a good windbreak too - while letting a bit of bree2e through on hot days.

Clunk
14th October 2011, 12:34 PM
I've got two "el cheapo" ones. 6 man tents. One for the kids and one for us. First time we took em out at Easter about 6 years ago, we froze. Got a 24ft x 24ft tarp from my father and havnt looked back.

Its probably a little big to start out with but I can fit both tents under it, setup a kitchen with stove, BBQ and prep table and a Dining room. Add a few smaller $4 tarps from supercheap auto for wind breaks and we are set.

Thanks for the pics Rob, definitely a great idea and certainly one I'll be using when we start getting out on those longer trips. Thanks for the pics mate.

Clunk
14th October 2011, 12:37 PM

Shade cloth makes a good windbreak too - while letting a bit of bree2e through on hot days.

G'day Silver........ that was nowoolies .22 I believe at least I think it was .22 - he'll let you know when he comes on!!!!! lmao....................... I didn't get the chance to have a play as time was running out but will definitely be having a play next time.

AB
14th October 2011, 01:34 PM
You also can't go wrong with Kmart's range of camping stuff and those large plastic bunnings tables are a must for camping!!!

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/10/17.jpg

Clunk
14th October 2011, 01:39 PM
You also can't go wrong with Kmart's range of camping stuff and those large plastic bunnings tables are a must for camping!!!

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/10/17.jpg

hahahahahaha oh yeah gone and got me one of those, nice little 2 burner stove with a cast iron grill to sit on top too...................... would like to get a fridge too but cant justify the expense yet, so gonna get an ice box the replace the crappy eskys I've got - they only keep me ice for a day if I'm lucky lol...................... K-Mart and BigW have definitely been my friend to get the starter stuff required........... not doubt once I start getting more into it and the cheaper items start failing, they'll be replaced with something a little more robust

DX grunt
14th October 2011, 01:49 PM
Love those cheap tarps for wind breaks. It makes life so much easier and more comfortable. I'll be using them this summer.

rkinsey
14th October 2011, 02:48 PM
Thanks for the pics Rob, definitely a great idea and certainly one I'll be using when we start getting out on those longer trips. Thanks for the pics mate.

Just pickup things each year as you go along. You dont have to fork out huge amounts of cash that way and you get to experiment as well. Thats half the fun of it. I try and make bush furnature as well. Just watch the Bush Tucker Man series and Les will show you how to setup camp.

Good thing you've got the 'Trol... If you have a family like mine you need one just to be able to tow all the gear your going to end up with....!!

Cheers,

Rob

AB
14th October 2011, 04:31 PM
I try and make bush furnature as well. Just watch the Bush Tucker Man series and Les will show you how to setup camp.

Just don't follow Russel Coight...LMAO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XWEU1A0qmI

Clunk
14th October 2011, 04:42 PM
hahahahaha cheers AB, Russel Coight is bloody hilarious

Woof
14th October 2011, 05:59 PM
Great photos there Clunky............well except for the sunset ones, they were cr@p as you said mate...roflmao
Great to see that the family enjoying themselves mate, that is what it is all about, well done...........it's such a shame that sort of stuff does not happen with all families these days.

Clunk
14th October 2011, 06:03 PM
Great photos there Clunky............well except for the sunset ones, they were cr@p as you said mate...roflmao
Great to see that the family enjoying themselves mate, that is what it is all about, well done...........it's such a shame that sort of stuff does not happen with all families these days.

cheers Doggy................ well that was one of the reasons for getting the Trol in the first place - get the family out together.............. that was the girls first camp, only an overnighter but wanted to break them in gently.

Clunk
14th October 2011, 06:28 PM
So are they keen for more mate? I agree that's how all families oughta spend time together. Memories like those will stay with the kids forever (i know i have great memories of things like that when i was a kid).

yeah they are now............. at first the eldest ( 6 years old) didn't want to go, then when it was time, she was so excited........... didn't want to come home either lol........... the youngest (22 months), well she doesn't like the feel of sand, grass or dirt on her feet, no matter what we tried............ but she was quite happy walking around with her pink wellies on!!!!!! lol

AB
14th October 2011, 07:52 PM
So are they keen for more mate? I agree that's how all families oughta spend time together. Memories like those will stay with the kids forever (i know i have great memories of things like that when i was a kid).

Likewise too Plassy and I will ensure my daughter and hopefully "son" one day will enjoy what my parents showed us.

475 hours stuck in the back of the Hilux doing Australia on vinyl seats sweating like a champion driving 12 hours a day...LMAO.

Clunk
14th October 2011, 07:56 PM
Likewise too Plassy and I will ensure my daughter and hopefully "son" one day will enjoy what my parents showed us.

475 hours stuck in the back of the Hilux doing Australia on vinyl seats sweating like a champing driving 12 hours a day...LMAO.

that's luxury mate............... I had to lay on the rear parcel shelf of my old mans Toyota Crown, wasn't enough room on the back seat for me!!!!!!! hahahahaha

AB
14th October 2011, 08:02 PM
that's luxury mate............... I had to lay on the rear parcel shelf of my old mans Toyota Crown, wasn't enough room on the back seat for me!!!!!!! hahahahaha

Hat's off to you mate....lol...Doesn't seem to bad for me after all!!!

Clunk
14th October 2011, 08:18 PM
Hat's off to you mate....lol...Doesn't seem to bad for me after all!!!

hahahahahahaaha yeah mate, was just wonderful........... sometimes if I was really lucky, I rode in style - in the front passenger footwell. Could you imagine doin that now!!!!!!??????? You'd be severly blasted with a huge fine...............

Clunk
14th October 2011, 09:27 PM
Bet you've still got a good tan but! You woulda been nicely baked just like a BBQ chook up there!! PML!!

oh yeah I certainly did, specially when I was naughty!!!!!!! hahahahah

nowoolies
14th October 2011, 10:22 PM
any time mate
was good having your family and you there

we gunna have to set up a forum night up there
with a few extra forum mate`s before the fire ban comes into place
waddayarecon

nowoolies
14th October 2011, 10:25 PM
Great photo's Clunk. I can feel the peace from here. Best I sort out my roster for a camp out at Paul's place. Love it.

anytime mate
just give me a yell

timbar
14th October 2011, 10:27 PM
Lookin good mate nice spot

Clunk
14th October 2011, 10:28 PM
any time mate
was good having your family and you there

waddayarecon

you'll get no arguments from me mate..................... spot of driving too don't forget!!!! lol

nowoolies
14th October 2011, 10:29 PM

g`day mate
the scope is a weaver KT 10 steal tube target scope
i used it for pro shooting for about 10 years then put it on the .22
still works a treat and my grand daughter luvs it

DX grunt
14th October 2011, 10:35 PM

Make it quick. A shire around here is already on fire bans, and others start on 30 Oct.

If you're gunna do it next year, I'd appreciate an invite. About 2 months notice in advance would be preferable.

Rossco

nowoolies
14th October 2011, 10:37 PM
Make it quick. A shire around here is already on fire bans, and others start on 30 Oct.

If you're gunna do it next year, I'd appreciate an invite. About 2 months notice in advance would be preferable.

Rossco

with out a doubt Ross
anytime mate
we dont have to have a fire to have a good time relaxing up there
although a small little one is sneaked in now and again when we are cooking marron hahahahahaha

nowoolies
14th October 2011, 10:39 PM
you'll get no arguments from me mate..................... spot of driving too don't forget!!!! lol

spot of driving ???
you mean the 10,000 acres i mentioned
that can be done as well hahahahah

Clunk
14th October 2011, 10:41 PM

Rossco

Rossco's gonna need the 2 months just to set up his mansion !!!!!!!!! hahahahahahaha

Clunk
14th October 2011, 10:42 PM
spot of driving ???
you mean the 10,000 acres i mentioned
that can be done as well hahahahah

well of course and don't forget Julimar, seeing as that's not too far away lol

nowoolies
14th October 2011, 10:44 PM
well of course and don't forget Julimar, seeing as that's not too far away lol

we gunna have to stay up there for a week hahahahahaha

and that aint a problem either hahahahah

nowoolies
14th October 2011, 10:45 PM
Lookin good mate nice spot

g`day Tim
we gunna have to drag you and your cook up there as well

Clunk
14th October 2011, 10:48 PM
we gunna have to stay up there for a week hahahahahaha

and that aint a problem either hahahahah

hahahaha sounds good to me mate............. I'll just let the missus know so she can get time off work to look after the girls at home!!!!!! hahahahahahaha.............joking , honest!!!!!! roflmao

DX grunt
14th October 2011, 10:49 PM
Rossco's gonna need the 2 months just to set up his mansion !!!!!!!!! hahahahahahaha

You can share my mansion, but not my bed!! lololololol

nowoolies
14th October 2011, 10:50 PM
hahahaha sounds good to me mate............. I'll just let the missus know so she can get time off work to look after the girls at home!!!!!! hahahahahahaha.............joking , honest!!!!!! roflmao

im gunna dob hahahahahah................how much beer did you say you had ??? hahahahaha...roflmfao

Clunk
14th October 2011, 11:15 PM
im gunna dob hahahahahah................how much beer did you say you had ??? hahahahaha...roflmfao

got none left mate, you drank it all!!!!! hahahahaha

Clunk
14th October 2011, 11:16 PM
You can share my mansion, but not my bed!! lololololol

oh you're such a spoil sport!!!!!!! hahahahahaha

nowoolies
14th October 2011, 11:20 PM
got none left mate, you drank it all!!!!! hahahahaha

hahahaha i found 3 stubbie`s in the bottom of the engel ....bugga hay i thought we had the last two before we left hahahahahahaha

and they tast good tonight lol

Clunk
14th October 2011, 11:32 PM
hahahaha i found 3 stubbie`s in the bottom of the engel ....bugga hay i thought we had the last two before we left hahahahahahaha

and they tast good tonight lol

mine will be full again tomorrow!!!!!! payday............ hahahahahaha

nowoolies
14th October 2011, 11:35 PM
mine will be full again tomorrow!!!!!! payday............ hahahahahaha

cool now gimmie the address ill look after them for you .................................................. .................................................. ..........................................honest i will...guv honest hahahahahahaha

Clunk
14th October 2011, 11:41 PM
cool now gimmie the address ill look after them for you .................................................. .................................................. ..........................................honest i will...guv honest hahahahahahaha

you'll have to be quick then,............. rugby is on mate, so they wont last long!!!!! hahahahaha

nowoolies
14th October 2011, 11:46 PM
you'll have to be quick then,............. rugby is on mate, so they wont last long!!!!! hahahahaha

address whats the address......AND FOR A WELSHMAN .........its the place where the beer is hahahahahahahahahahahahaha...i:E yer fridge roflmfao

Clunk
14th October 2011, 11:56 PM
address whats the address......AND FOR A WELSHMAN .........its the place where the beer is hahahahahahahahahahahahaha...i:E yer fridge roflmfao

whats a fridge??????? they don't last long enough to warrant a fridge!!!!! hahahahahaha

timbar
14th October 2011, 11:58 PM
wont be long and i will have a scotch in my hand and all will be good hahaha

nowoolies
14th October 2011, 11:59 PM
whats a fridge??????? they don't last long enough to warrant a fridge!!!!! hahahahahaha

hahahahahah you will keep ........proberly on ice lol

timbar
14th October 2011, 11:59 PM
Damn no coke .......oh well got ice hahaha

nowoolies
15th October 2011, 12:00 AM
wont be long and i will have a scotch in my hand and all will be good hahaha

now thats a idea

back in a moment hahaha

nowoolies
15th October 2011, 12:01 AM
Damn no coke .......oh well got ice hahaha

coke ina scotch ....yuk... horrible ...spit.... nasty.... terrible ......only on its own hahahahahahahahah

Clunk
15th October 2011, 12:04 AM
you're both luck you've got something to drink................... this house is totally dry

nowoolies
15th October 2011, 12:09 AM
you're both luck you've got something to drink................... this house is totally dry

that`ll learn ya

try the toilet bowl its got ...........water hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Clunk
15th October 2011, 12:11 AM
that`ll learn ya

try the toilet bowl its got ...........water hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

are you swearing at me again!!!!!!!!????????? I'll tell Patch on ya!!!!!!1 hahahahahahahaha

nowoolies
15th October 2011, 12:16 AM
are you swearing at me again!!!!!!!!????????? I'll tell Patch on ya!!!!!!1 hahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahaha he would agree with me ...no beer= banned for a night lol

Silver
15th October 2011, 12:18 AM
g`day mate
the scope is a weaver KT 10 steal tube target scope
i used it for pro shooting for about 10 years then put it on the .22
still works a treat and my grand daughter luvs it

Thanks nowoolies. Looks the goods and obviously performs well.

Loverly Wife's Miroku L/A .22 wears a Weaver scope with steel tube, can't remember the model at the moment. Your target scope sound great!

Billy Lid uses an FN trombone .22 while we both sit cross legged on the ground. I hold the barrel - up a bit Dad, down a bit Dad, left a bit Dad, a bit more, I'm ready Dad, bang. Fairly good at it :-). I've taken the FN in the past as it shares a short hard case with my U/O. I've been considering taking a BRNO and bipod, and looking at the photos has convinced me :-)

nowoolies
15th October 2011, 12:26 AM
Thanks nowoolies. Looks the goods and obviously performs well.

Loverly Wife's Miroku L/A .22 wears a Weaver scope with steel tube, can't remember the model at the moment. Your target scope sound great!

Billy Lid uses an FN trombone .22 while we both sit cross legged on the ground. I hold the barrel - up a bit Dad, down a bit Dad, left a bit Dad, a bit more, I'm ready Dad, bang. Fairly good at it :-). I've taken the FN in the past as it shares a short hard case with my U/O. I've been considering taking a BRNO and bipod, and looking at the photos has convinced me :-)
get the BRNO n/o 1 if you can find one like the on in the piccies
my granddaughter shoots very well for a 6 going on 35 year old hahahahaha
she very really misses even at 100 yards in a packet of 50 rounds she would miss about 3 times no joke