PDA

View Full Version : Height concerns

NewDan
12th October 2011, 11:20 AM
Hey every one hope all is well with you all, I have a GQ 95 Ti, Its not my daily drive but every now and again I will need to use it as such. Plans down the track would be a 50mm lift, roof rack and one day maybe even some 33" Tyres. My question is has anyone with this sort of setup ever had any problems with clearence height in places like underground carparks or low multi-level carparks. Any feedback would be most appreciated.
Dan

Bigrig
12th October 2011, 11:43 AM
The lift and tyres shouldn't present too much of a problem mate, but the rooftop basket/carrier might - that said, go one that is easily removable and hence have the best of both worlds!! Most inner carparks in Brissy are around 2.1m (not sure on other location) and I still get in with a 5" lift and 33's - I wouldn't with a rooftop cargo carrier however.

Good luck with it!!!

NewDan
12th October 2011, 11:50 AM
Thanks Bigrig, around Vic from memory I think its about 2.1 as well..... so susspension lift here I come!!!!

Bigrig
12th October 2011, 03:38 PM
Thanks Bigrig, around Vic from memory I think its about 2.1 as well..... so susspension lift here I come!!!!

Photos boss!! We love our piccies!! Before's and after's ...

NewDan
13th October 2011, 12:50 AM
On the way mate, just cleaning the lens lol

AB
13th October 2011, 10:54 AM
I think Vic is around the same too.

I have 2-3" lift with 33"s and a roof rack and I can just make it around underground car parks.

For a 2" lift with 33"s even with a roof rack you should be ok too mate.

growler2058
13th October 2011, 11:02 AM
I got GQ 4" lift n 33's and drove into a newish one thats 2.0m without even thinking and my uhf ariel hit every thing on the way in I near pooped myself hahahahahahahaha but the rest of her got in ok

dasemm
13th October 2011, 11:36 AM
I have a GU with 50mm lift and 33's but have an ARB rack and I cant park anywhere, its over 2.2M high. Without the rack I would be fine.

patch697
13th October 2011, 02:46 PM
I got GQ 4" lift n 33's and drove into a newish one thats 2.0m without even thinking and my uhf ariel hit every thing on the way in I near pooped myself hahahahahahahaha but the rest of her got in ok

My aerials work in reverse..... Im way way way to lazy to take em off so I don't go through any fast food drive throughs.............hahahahahaha

Its absolutely bloody amazing how quick they come down when I hit the bottleo though........................hahahahahahahahahaha

patch697
13th October 2011, 02:53 PM
GQ, 3inch lift running both 31's (long road trips) & 33's (road & play) with a roof rack.

with the 33's & the roof rack (empty) I get mighty close.... I wouldn't attempt it with the rack loaded myself.

NewDan
14th October 2011, 01:01 AM
Oh no I forgot about the Maccas drive through....Sh-t..didn't even think of that ha ha ha..

macca86
14th October 2011, 01:33 AM
my poor uhf suffered some mischief thanks to under ground car park fire pipes. Now the tip sports race tape. Makes it go faster i reckon Haha now keep tools in the back to remove. You should fit. Get the racks and only have them on when you need them

nowoolies
15th October 2011, 11:03 AM
The lift and tyres shouldn't present too much of a problem mate, but the rooftop basket/carrier might - that said, go one that is easily removable and hence have the best of both worlds!! Most inner carparks in Brissy are around 2.1m (not sure on other location) and I still get in with a 5" lift and 33's - I wouldn't with a rooftop cargo carrier however.

Good luck with it!!!

i cant get into any of the carparks here in Perth
with my roof rack on

TasLynx
20th October 2011, 05:59 PM
+1 for removing the roofracks when not required. Also for the added benefit of lower fuel consumption.