PDA

View Full Version : unknown cylinder

odin
11th October 2011, 02:01 PM
Hi i have a 1991 gq and behind the left side headlight there is a round cylinder on the top it is marked petrol and purge. my patrol is on dual fuel and some times petrol drips from the bottom of the cylinder when i turn the engine off even if its been running on lpg and not being mechanical minded i was hoping for some help .Odin

Bigrig
11th October 2011, 02:54 PM
Hi i have a 1991 gq and behind the left side headlight there is a round cylinder on the top it is marked petrol and purge. my patrol is on dual fuel and some times petrol drips from the bottom of the cylinder when i turn the engine off even if its been running on lpg and not being mechanical minded i was hoping for some help .Odin

It's the purge can mate for the petrol tank - standard stuff, however mine used to leak also especially when full, so I got a "check valve" put on (apparently also common) and never lost a drop since - it was seriously like a 15 minute job that if I'd known, would have done myself ...

Someone on here may be able to guide you through the process to save getting it done at a mechanics, but being it's on the fuel line, I'd prefer someone other than me so they are spot on with the process and terminology etc and can guide you properly.

odin
12th October 2011, 11:25 AM
thanks for the info i will get a mechanic to do the job as i am no good at mechanics

Fox7
12th September 2015, 07:28 AM
I guess you're referring to charcoal canister.

dom14
13th September 2015, 11:04 AM
I guess you're referring to charcoal canister.

If that's the case, then it's leaking and needs fixing. It shouldn't drop petrol like that, afaik.