PDA

View Full Version : Tyres for my new ride.......

Chappell74
10th October 2011, 04:10 PM
Hi Guys

Thanks for your buying advice last week....

Just agreed a great deal on a 96 Granroad, 199ks and almost full history. Looking to make some quick changes ready for the weekend. Its getting a 2" lift so no more multi-storey parking mon-fri (small sacrifice:049:)

Anyway.............dealer agreed to providing a set of 33's at cost to sweeten the deal - he's recommending/offering Hankook MT's. Have any of you got any experience with these on your rig and if so what are they like on road, sand and mud (not wading deep mud), snow not a concern.

Thanks
Craig

Bigrig
10th October 2011, 06:00 PM
Congrats mate - haven't had Hankooks but no doubt someone will be along to offer comment.

MudRunnerTD
10th October 2011, 06:09 PM
Hi Guys

Just agreed a great deal on a 96 Granroad, 199ks and almost full history. Looking to make some quick changes ready for the weekend. Its getting a 2" lift so no more multi-storey parking mon-fri (small sacrifice:049:)

Hi Craig, not sure what configuration the Granroad is mate but unless its the High Roof model or where ever you are has very very low carparks you should be able to get her in mate. Just measure your car when its done but i would be very surprised you could not get into where ever you need to go running 2" lift and 33s?

Good luck and enjoy mate.

Chappell74
10th October 2011, 06:55 PM
You guessed it right its the hi-roof. Not going to lose too much sleep if it wont do the multstories in the city that not why I'm buying it. Just looking forward to getting out of the city.
Thanks

Clunk
10th October 2011, 07:38 PM
Congrats on the purchase mate..... Sorry can't help with the hancooks either but the way I see it, they're new and free so you'll be able to put some money to good use elsewhere.......... Don't forget to wack up some pics mate