PDA

View Full Version : Heater panel light - GQ

NewDan
9th October 2011, 12:17 AM
Hi Guys, Just got a 95 GQ Ti, this may be a strange question but never had a Patrol before. The heater panel has no lights in it and can't be seen at night. Does it have one or is there a problem with mine.. The CD player and cassete player light up its just this section. Any help would be much appreciated. Dan

lachiek
13th October 2011, 07:09 PM
Hey mate, first thing is make sure it's not the fuse - but if the heater / aircon works and the stereo has power then I think your problem is the crappy little lights in the unit have blown. If you want to fork out $40 per bulb you can order then from Nissan. There is no aftermarket option stocked by Repco /autobarn but if you are ok with a soldering iron have a crack following my post below. Fixed the problem for me and still going strong.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?5840-GQ-aircon-LED-upgrade&p=135495#post135495

Good luck

GQ WAGHOON
18th October 2011, 07:58 PM
Had the same problem with mine when l got her. Took off the panel and found that the globe had blown. Went to the local auto parts place, spent $5 on a new globe, and haven't had any problems for 5 years now.