PDA

View Full Version : How do you remove rear seats ?

Jock
7th October 2011, 10:20 PM
I have just bought a 2010 3.0l St and want to remove the rear seats without damaging anything. Plastic covers sit over the anchor points. I've prodded around with a screwdriver but can't budge the covers.

Any avice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jock

Finly Owner
7th October 2011, 10:24 PM
If I'm right, you need to slide the screw driver under the plastic and onto the top of the bolt and prise the plastic cover up and forward.

Tim

Jock
8th October 2011, 10:29 AM
Hey thanks guys. I'll get prising this arvo.

Enjoy

MudRunnerTD
8th October 2011, 10:30 AM
Hey Jock, I just checked my Gregory's manual and these are the instructions (note, this is for a 2001 model):

Adjust both front seats to the most forward position. Release the locking lever and fold the rear seat backrest down.
Pull the release lever and tilt the rear seat forward.
Remove the jack handle extension from the retaining clips.
Using a thin flat bladed screwdriver, prise the rear hinge covers from the hinges. Squeeze the retaining tabs and remove the front hinge covers.
Remove the rear retaining bolts. Tilt the seat back to its rest position and remove the front retaining bolts. Carfully manoeuvre the seat from the vehicle.

Installation is a reversal of the removal procedure with attention to the following points:

Position the seats on the floor and install the retaining bolts.
Tighten the retaining bolts securely and install the front and rear hinge covers, in that order.

But I never re-installed the plastic covers as I take the back seats out frequently so couldn't be bothered with dicky plastic trim bits.

Hope this helps mate.

Hey Plas i assumed he was chasing the info to remove the 3rd row seats at the back. Probably the same procedure for removing the covers though you'd reckon.

molongmick
8th October 2011, 07:57 PM
The third row seats are quite easy, two bolts on each.
First, put the seats in the down position, you don't need to lift the backrest up, the complete de-installation happens in this position.
Remove the plastic covers. The plastic covers slide away from the centre of the hinge at a horizonal direction, (the front one pull towards the front, the rear pull towards the rear)
The bolts are in pretty tight, but once the lock is broken they come out quite easy.
Once all of the bolst are undone, pull the fabric seat release and the seats will lift up.
Installing them is just a reverse proceedure, but thos plastic covers are apinfull, as they don't want to stay in place.

lorrieandjas
17th December 2012, 02:00 AM
The third row seats are quite easy, two bolts on each.
First, put the seats in the down position, you don't need to lift the backrest up, the complete de-installation happens in this position.
Remove the plastic covers. The plastic covers slide away from the centre of the hinge at a horizonal direction, (the front one pull towards the front, the rear pull towards the rear)
The bolts are in pretty tight, but once the lock is broken they come out quite easy.
Once all of the bolst are undone, pull the fabric seat release and the seats will lift up.
Installing them is just a reverse proceedure, but thos plastic covers are apinfull, as they don't want to stay in place.

Hey all - just a quick note - removing your third row seats is a piece of pie. The trick with the plastic covers over the bolts is to slide them laterally away from the hinge. The bolts are not locked down too tight - used a normal socket wrench to remove them and didn't break a sweat. Nice piece of advice from molongmick - sliding the plastic covers off was a piece of cake after reading this post.

Jas