PDA

View Full Version : super glue ????

BoroNSW
6th October 2011, 11:24 PM
Done the suspension front to rear with 2" lift these school holidays. Little project for the teenager. Left him to finsh off the the shocks with the clear instructions to "nip up the nuts and I'll be back to check 'em", went for a smoke. 10 minutes latter the teenager greets me with "all done, used lock tight too". My response "We ran out doing the bushes and casters", giving me the your an idiot dad look, number 2 son proudly holds up the so called 'lock tight'. My response "thats ####ing super glue".
Checked the nuts - rock solid, stronger then a bead weld. My question is this going to cause me an issue??? Other then a son who cant read that is.
Still shakin me head in disbelief.

Brad

Silver
6th October 2011, 11:29 PM
I don't think it likes heat or acetone :-) Hopefully it has deteriorated by the time you need to replace bushes or shocks. It's done now, anyway!

patch697
6th October 2011, 11:30 PM
Apply a little heat to the nut...... It'll come free.

BoroNSW
6th October 2011, 11:36 PM
another job for another day.

patch697
6th October 2011, 11:42 PM
another job for another day.

At least there not going anywhere.......................lol

BoroNSW
6th October 2011, 11:53 PM
You got that right. why is it when you really want to stick something with super glue its not that good, but when you "accidently" stick something together with the stuff it actually works like its supposed to...

MudRunnerTD
7th October 2011, 12:16 AM
giving me the your an idiot dad look, number 2 son proudly holds up the so called 'lock tight'. My response "thats ####ing super glue".
Checked the nuts - rock solid, stronger then a bead weld. My question is this going to cause me an issue???
Still shakin me head in disbelief.

Brad

Only if you ever want to take the kit off.. Dont worry about it mate, it will likely not stand the test of time like loctite would. All good

ablast
7th October 2011, 11:30 PM
Super glue will be eaten away easily with acetone/acrylic thinners. It is also quite brittle so you will not have any problems getting the nuts off when the time comes. In fact the glue will most likely be useless by then anyway.

spoty_4
9th October 2011, 01:29 AM
You got that right. why is it when you really want to stick something with super glue its not that good, but when you "accidently" stick something together with the stuff it actually works like its supposed to...
^^ amen to that.